Official crow eating thread

So did Fury deserve that split decision win?

My untrained boxing eye, looked like Francis won based on MMA scoring criteria. Did more damage, landed the harder shots, controlled the center of the ring, landed more body shots, clinched less.
None of that stuff matters collectively even by MMA rules. It matters who won the most rounds. So if all the damage or scoring blows are in 1 round it doesn't count towards the score of the other rounds. That's why looking at totals is misleading.

If a fight is close and there are any toss up rounds to where they could of been awarded to either guythern the decision is fair.

Francis lost the first 2 rounds, took the last 2 rounds off a bit, and arguably lost a couple in the middle. So either the 95-94 Fury or the 95-94 score for Francis seemed pretty spot on. Fight could have gone either way.

Fury said he came in taking the camp and fight as seriously as ever.
All of the actions tonight showed he DID NOT.

-He was grossly soft and out of shape even by his own poor sloppy body standards. Weight was high but not the same bulked up look as when he fought Wilder the 2nd time.
-He was visibly shell shocked and stunned in his corner at times. Genuine look of panic on his face at times. But he controlled his breathing and knew he could point out a decision.
-His timing was horrible he couldn't time anything. It looked indicative to a guy who hadn't sparred in many months
-He normally murders people and keeps them away with his jab. Its like he totally forgot his jab because he hadn't used it in so long
- Francis was able to slip and dodge many of Fury's power shots. His speed was horrible as if he hadn't prepared in the least bit.
-He was nowhere near as mobile or on his toes as he is at his best. The 8th round was the only round to where if actually looked like the Fury that is light on his feet that destroyed Whyte & Chisora. Only time he resembled a shadow of himself.
-Fury is known as a slick & cunning fighter. Especially in the clinch or on the break. Francis made Fury look like a slow amateur in these scenarios. Francis was the one who grabbed the edge in these situations and looked like the more seasoned fighter.
-The utter disgust and disappointment he tried to hide in the post fight ring interviews. He knew he embarrassed himself.

With that being said.....You would still expect a current HW champion boxer to walk in the ring directly off the couch & box circles around any other athlete. Even a MMA champion.
So its a bit of both. Yes this was far from the best Fury but Francis changed the paradigm. He proved that his boxing is at least world class and that he is good enough to be a legit title contender. That's all that really matters.

Yeah I got 2 things from the fight today.

1) Fury looked bad. I don't think he took it seriously.
2) The talent/athlete pool in HW boxing is probably worse than most people have assumed.

2) The talent/athlete pool in HW boxing is probably worse than most people have assumed.
Thats fair. I have fallen for the Fury hype in the past. The truth is his resume isn't deep enough and he has never been active enough to be put on the high shelf a lot of us boxing purists did.
Hes also very inconsistent. Sometimes he can look like a million bucks other times a dud that found a lucky victory.

None of that stuff matters collectively even by MMA rules. It matters who won the most rounds. So if all the damage or scoring blows are in 1 round it doesn't count towards the score of the other rounds. That's why looking at totals is misleading.

If a fight is close and there are any toss up rounds to where they could of been awarded to either guythern the decision is fair.

Francis lost the first 2 rounds, took the last 2 rounds off a bit, and arguably lost a couple in the middle. So either the 95-94 Fury or the 95-94 score for Francis seemed pretty spot on. Fight could have gone either way.

I really thought outside of the 1st round and bits of the 10th round, Fury didn't win any round clearly.

Fury seemed to land about 5 quality shots the entire fight. Francis had excellent defense and defensive counters.

Wouldnt be supprised if the 1st was somewhat true but I think a lot of the pre fight hype was that the gulf was so massive that wouldnt matter.

I need an entire flock of crow tonight. I don't care how seriously Fury took him, or how bad he looked (didn't see a point in watching the fight), Francis even being competitive is fucking wild.

This!

I never said a thing about the fight here, but I sure as hell thought it was going to end in 1 or 2.

Now Francis can line up the paydays!

Ill eat my Crow.

I thought Fury would completely outclass him. He didnt.

Im still trying to figure how this helps all fighters get health insurence tho and why Francis stopped talking about that once he got his new deals His "Bag" . . .

<{vega}>

I really thought outside of the 1st round and bits of the 10th round, Fury didn't win any round clearly.

Fury seemed to land about 5 quality shots the entire fight. Francis had excellent defense and defensive counters.
Yeah, I'm not trying to be mean but that's not what happened. To say only 5 "quality" shots landed is a bit ridiculous or hyperbole.

All 3 judges unanimously scored the 5th 6th & 9th for Fury... IMO the 9th might have been the clearest round of the fight to score. Francis literally took the round off.

To all you copium addicts, the updated betting odds going into the 10th round even had Franics as the new favorite to win. EAT CROW

Fury looked bad, but also Francis looked way better than I expected. I’m also very impressed with Francis’ chin; Fury landed clean and hard a lot in the middle rounds and Francis never looked fazed by anything.

I think Fury expected a much easier fight and didn’t prepare that much, because that’s the worst I’ve ever seen him look.

I need an entire flock of crow tonight. I don't care how seriously Fury took him, or how bad he looked (didn't see a point in watching the fight), Francis even being competitive is fucking wild.

This where I stand. Didn’t give him a hope in hell regardless of what shape fury came in. I was so fucking wrong

As much as I like Francis story, as a french man by the way, you still have the narrative that Furry is THAT good of an actor/boxer. He wins at the end, but everyone is thrilled with the fight until the very last second : job done.

How did Fury win? He received more damage, got knocked down, rag-dolled around the ring, and never threatened Francis. I haven't seen the significant strikes landed, but if Fury landed more significant strikes, a person wouldn't have known by the 3-point difference in the split decision.

rag-dolling around the ring doesn't score any points and is most likely a big reason Ngannou gassed in the 4th rd. not threatening Francis doesn't matter either, that's not a scoreable criteria. recieved more damage and the knockdown sure, but those things alone can't win you fights. besides, Fury literally booked a title defense in December which is the biggest HW boxing fight they can make. you think the boxing gods were going to let Ngannou win a decision like that? especially when the guys footing the bill for this fight are also the ones who financed the Usyk/Fury fight, which happens to be in, you guessed it Saudi Arabia.

I was one of the 62 that voted Francis would win. I want my plaque. I want my gold. All hail King Ngannou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I like Francis story, as a french man by the way, you still have the narrative that Furry is THAT good of an actor/boxer. He wins at the end, but everyone is thrilled with the fight until the very last second : job done.

what narrative? you mean Usyk saying that he thought it was all just a show and he thought Fury was just playing?

Back