Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

The music in stage 4 is incredible. It's like 80s level boss buildup.

I'm having trouble getting into the multiplayer. It's cool but not enough players and I want more than one mode. I'm not sure how well it's balanced so far, seems like a rough combo of either tossing the salad or getting it tossed and lit on fire. Only six maps too. Gonna keep at it but I'm lukewarm so far. I never feel any excitement firing it up, it's something I'm trying to like versus something I like unequivocally

I'm having trouble getting into the multiplayer. It's cool but not enough players and I want more than one mode. I'm not sure how well it's balanced so far, seems like a rough combo of either tossing the salad or getting it tossed and lit on fire. Only six maps too. Gonna keep at it but I'm lukewarm so far. I never feel any excitement firing it up, it's something I'm trying to like versus something I like unequivocally
I feel bad for the devs because they tried doing something different, but nobody seems interested in it at all. I honestly have no desire to even try it. If they didn't want to do traditional deathmatch, I think a multiplayer Horde mode would have been a better fit and much more popular.

I feel bad for the devs because they tried doing something different, but nobody seems interested in it at all. I honestly have no desire to even try it. If they didn't want to do traditional deathmatch, I think a multiplayer Horde mode would have been a better fit and much more popular.

Frankly I’m pissed that they couldn’t even be bothered to just throw in a very basic free for all vanilla death match mode. For fuck’s sake, it’s DOOM. The original game literally created death match.

Doom 3 has more in common with the resident evil franchise than the Doom franchise..

I still remember the duct tape mod for the flashlight, lol

Its almost like an early idea that spawned Dead Space compared to the rest of the doom universe.

After beating it on a high difficulty I’d glad give this gave an 8.5, sensory overload. Couldn’t imagine playing this game on a controller. Meant for the PC on high settings.

Im hoping they throw some DLC and expand on it. Lets get some standard deathmatches in too.

It could be that they spent all their time on making the GOAT campaign,and lets face,the absolute madmen did that...

maybe they are takin their break,and will go back to fine tune some meaty multiplayer modes.

Im hoping they throw some DLC and expand on it. Lets get some standard deathmatches in too.

It could be that they spent all their time on making the GOAT campaign,and lets face,the absolute madmen did that...

maybe they are takin their break,and will go back to fine tune some meaty multiplayer modes.
I'm hoping so as well. I was intrigued by the mode and defended their decision a bit, but my optimism has been grounded by putting some hours into it.

Hell, I'd even be fine with a revamp of 2016's MP but with some adjustments like getting rid of loadouts. I put a lot of hours into it despite its flaws and the maps & modes were great.

tumblr_inline_p8y7iqnppj1s408j9_540.gif

Fuckin jacked big bad booty daddy

Im near the last campaign level and i still, for the love of christ, hate this jumping shit.

But worse now..

FUCK THOSE MARAUDERS.

Now that i got the quick reload for the super shotgun, he's easier, but fucking christ... Every time i gotta face him, it's just another God damn chore.

God damn fucking worst thing in this game, beside all this jumping shit.

Jumping.. in DOOM. ... mother fucker.

Im near the last campaign level and i still, for the love of christ, hate this jumping shit.

But worse now..

FUCK THOSE MARAUDERS.

Now that i got the quick reload for the super shotgun, he's easier, but fucking christ... Every time i gotta face him, it's just another God damn chore.

God damn fucking worst thing in this game, beside all this jumping shit.

Jumping.. in DOOM. ... mother fucker.
The jumping is kind of awesome. You GOTTA break up the intensity of the shooting sessions while still keepin ya heart rate up and that shit with the floating coffins had me screamin every time. In a good way.

This game is the fuckin GOAT.

All other games is pussy shit compared to this one. Fuck games. Games are stupid.

Those floating coffins thing was the creepiest part in the game for me. The drums bangin,being impossibly high in the sky and these floating coffins come up like "ok you got 3 seconds to find out where to jump next"

The jumping is kind of awesome. You GOTTA break up the intensity of the shooting sessions while still keepin ya heart rate up and that shit with the floating coffins had me screamin every time. In a good way.

This game is the fuckin GOAT.

All other games is pussy shit compared to this one. Fuck games. Games are stupid.

I really like the platforming, especially in the battle arenas. It's like the late 90s again.

I really like the platforming, especially in the battle arenas. It's like the late 90s again.
Oh yes,i felt that many times. I just fuckin love the freedom of movement im this game,you can zip from one end to the other,alll the while getting chased down by all manner of fuckery. Its just the GOAT,and thats it.I cant even. Im only halfway thru the fuckin game too.

I may buy this on switch too for the lols.

Waiting for it to come out,and ill check the reviews.

So I have been working from home during this pandemic. I got up early and started brewing my coffee. I said fuck it, I have a few minutes, let me play some Doom eternal.

A few minutes later after finding a Slayer gate my coffee was ready, I said, fuck that I'm wide awake..

After beating it on a high difficulty I’d glad give this gave an 8.5, sensory overload. Couldn’t imagine playing this game on a controller. Meant for the PC on high settings.

I am playing on PC ultra nightmare settings with a controller...
46lvD8i.jpg

penguin-come-at-me-bro-MloN2Wq530qiI

Finally beat the game last night.

The Icon of Sin

Holy hell what a boss battle! Just complete pandemonium from start to finish. That's got to be up there as one of the most intense final bosses I've ever fought in a FPS. It also felt like an amazing tribute to the original.

I didn't want the game to end. I already can't wait for the DLC.

Can you use cheat codes to play through a level and go to a Slayer Gate? I'm not talking about using the cheats inside the Slayer Gate but will it let you get to that point first?

I'd like to play through the Slayer Gates but I don't feel like playing a full level again to get there. Those levels are friggin long...

Back