Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

Can you use cheat codes to play through a level and go to a Slayer Gate? I'm not talking about using the cheats inside the Slayer Gate but will it let you get to that point first?

I'd like to play through the Slayer Gates but I don't feel like playing a full level again to get there. Those levels are friggin long...
I just completed another play through to get to the Slayer Gates. You’d be surprised how quickly you can get through them with all your upgrades and knowledge of the combat system. It’s insanely fun going back to areas you struggled with being upgraded and with a better understanding of the game.

You cant use cheat codes to access the slayer gates. they wont be accessable if you use cheats.

Got my Unmaykr for the second time lol. Going to go through and collect my last cheat disk. That’ll give me all the collectibles and secrets. I’m not sure I want to start a fresh play through just yet. Got RE3 coming on Friday.

It's definitely a blast, but in the latter stages it starts to feel pretty repetitive in terms of structure/gameplay, and having upgraded ammo/health kind of messes with the balance. I'm longing for the early days when ammo and health were low and gameplay was far more desperate

I want a cacodemon as a pet. I want it on a leash so its like im walking a baloon. I want to sick it on people. Yes.

236471018020202.gif

I want a cacodemon as a pet. I want it on a leash so its like im walking a baloon. I want to sick it on people. Yes.

236471018020202.gif

Every time you throw a tennis ball and the cacodemon catches it, you, by reflex, jump into the dirt.

Like my grandma remembering being in Munich.........

I finished it maybe 15 min ago.

That marauder is a LOT easier if you get the super shotgun reload quicker mod. But still, FUCK that guy. It is always a god damn fucking chore when he arrives. Granted, I had a lot and i mean a LOT, of temper tantrums with all that god damn jumping shit. But. If I died, it was typically my fault. It was fair, but again, a chore. It wasnt fun to hop around. It was a switch up from the normal fluff, nothing more. Jumping in DOOM? Christ. But that guy really put a damper into shit. Much like Mrx X in resident evil.

Anyway, this one was harder than DOOM 2016 and far more frustrating. I am unsure if it is better because of it. There was a lot attempted creativity in this, specifically the upgrades. The weapon upgrades are always a welcome, along with the Armor, Health, Ammo ones. The Runes though...almost all junk. I just did the grenade upgrades and did the rest later. Shit, I finished the games with I dont know how many tokens. The Armor, Health, Ammo upgrades had perks tied to them. The bottom right, last 2, were useless. I dont like that.

When it came to the DOOM ship, it was a bit too big. I gotta go to separate spots for upgrades? Fucker, just leave em all in one fucking room.

Little things. I still enjoyed the ride, but 2016 was less of a headache.

-Take out all the jumping shit
-Take out that Marauder dickfuck

Then it supersedes DOOM 2016.

That marauder is a LOT easier if you get the super shotgun reload quicker mod. But still, FUCK that guy. It is always a god damn fucking chore when he arrives. Granted, I had a lot and i mean a LOT, of temper tantrums with all that god damn jumping shit. But. If I died, it was typically my fault. It was fair, but again, a chore. It wasnt fun to hop around. It was a switch up from the normal fluff, nothing more. Jumping in DOOM? Christ. But that guy really put a damper into shit. Much like Mrx X in resident evil.

Anyway, this one was harder than DOOM 2016 and far more frustrating. I am unsure if it is better because of it. There was a lot attempted creativity in this, specifically the upgrades. The weapon upgrades are always a welcome, along with the Armor, Health, Ammo ones. The Runes though...almost all junk. I just did the grenade upgrades and did the rest later. Shit, I finished the games with I dont know how many tokens. The Armor, Health, Ammo upgrades had perks tied to them. The bottom right, last 2, were useless. I dont like that.

When it came to the DOOM ship, it was a bit too big. I gotta go to separate spots for upgrades? Fucker, just leave em all in one fucking room.

I like the jumping,it sometimes can be frustrating but its also kind of exhilartingly terrifying,like those flying coffin dudes.
The runes were shit yes i agree.
I think the thing that really impressed me about this game was how willing they were to take chances,and do extreme things with this game. The guys behind this shit are absolutley not fucking around,and i felt like the game reminded me of the 80s in some spots. Always a good thing.
The game starts out hard,they throw old established stuff completley in the trash,and you can fuckin double jump from the get go,air dashing and grapplin hooking,all sorts of insane innovations,and stubborn hyper aggressive violence mentality.

I like the jumping,it sometimes can be frustrating but its also kind of exhilartingly terrifying,like those flying coffin dudes.
The runes were shit yes i agree.
I think the thing that really impressed me about this game was how willing they were to take chances,and do extreme things with this game. The guys behind this shit are absolutley not fucking around,and i felt like the game reminded me of the 80s in some spots. Always a good thing.
The game starts out hard,they throw old established stuff completley in the trash,and you can fuckin double jump from the get go,air dashing and grapplin hooking,all sorts of insane innovations,and stubborn hyper aggressive violence mentality.
Sure, Ill agree, but 10 years from now, which game will you go to first, this one or 2016? Theyre connected, but badly so..

Also, the fuck was with all this HEAVY METAL music? I dont associate heavy metal with devil gore. When I got to the area with the main bitch, the eerie music was SO much more creepy. This is a horror FPS, afterall. Do we need the constant guitars? The original music was more fitting. Not haunted house kinda shit, but grungy.

Sure, Ill agree, but 10 years from now, which game will you go to first, this one or 2016? Theyre connected, but badly so..

Also, the fuck was with all this HEAVY METAL music? I dont associate heavy metal with devil gore. When I got to the area with the main bitch, the eerie music was SO much more creepy. This is a horror FPS, afterall. Do we need the constant guitars? The original music was more fitting. Not haunted house kinda shit, but grungy.
Is this a sarcastic post?

I loved the music,hahah its awesome, was way over the top,and Doom Eternal is over the top in everything that it does. Its as someone else said here,the game is very self aware.

This is the best stage music ive heard in a long time

This is the best stage music ive heard in a long time

The score is like a perfect mix between straight metal, sci-fi influences and weird instrumentation. I haven't really listened to metal much since like highschool, but gotdamn does that stuff get me pumped when I'm doomslaying.

The use of bass, and Gordon choosing to not do the sci-fi "looming big threat" drop we've all heard a million times, he lowers it somewhat, and sustains it with distortion. Reminds me of the pervasive nature of Dead Space' soundtrack.

The score is like a perfect mix between straight metal, sci-fi influences and weird instrumentation. I haven't really listened to metal much since like highschool, but gotdamn does that stuff get me pumped when I'm doomslaying.

The use of bass, and Gordon choosing to not do the sci-fi "looming big threat" drop we've all heard a million times, he lowers it somewhat, and sustains it with distortion. Reminds me of the pervasive nature of Dead Space' soundtrack.
ill never forget making the leaps to those floating coffins in the sky at night,to that thumping soundtrack and those chanting voices.

I just got to the first Marauder fight, and now I see what some people meant when they said it's not even fun to fight him. I must have died about 30 times before I just gave up. The thing that was really frustrating me was that (at least on Ultra Violence) even the fodder zombie enemies do noticeable damage to you. I died multiple times because I was focusing on staying in "medium range" of the Marauder and a stupid zombie guy hit me from behind. :(

Edit: Tried one more time and beat him. I was originally using the Super Shotgun, mostly because the spread makes the aim forgiving and that's what they use in the little tutorial video on the loadscreen. But this time I tried the Ballista, and it took him out pretty quickly. Can't trust those damn tutorial videos!

Last edited:
I just got to the first Marauder fight, and now I see what some people meant when they said it's not even fun to fight him. I must have died about 30 times before I just gave up. The thing that was really frustrating me was that (at least on Ultra Violence) even the fodder zombie enemies do noticeable damage to you. I died multiple times because I was focusing on staying in "medium range" of the Marauder and a stupid zombie guy hit me from behind. :(

Edit: Tried one more time and beat him. I was originally using the Super Shotgun, mostly because the spread makes the aim forgiving and that's what they use in the little tutorial video on the loadscreen. But this time I tried the Ballista, and it took him out pretty quickly. Can't trust those damn tutorial videos!
What seems to work best is to just quick-swap between the SSG and Ballista. Blast him with one when he flashes green, then quick swap to the other and shoot him again before he fully recovers. It should only take 4-ish of those combos to put him down.

Also word of advice: When you encounter him from here on out, make sure you kill everything else (except the obviously-respawning fodder demons) before focusing on him. If you try to fight him amongst non-fodders, you'll most likely get annihilated.

Thanks for the tip..

I got to the Slayer gate on the BFG mission and this was the first fight I had with the Marauder that wasn't a one on one battle.. I tried using the ballista on him and it worked really well. I actually ended up clearing this gate on my first try without using any extra lives or anything.

I guess I'm "gettin' gud!!"

I have a new slogan for this game..

ABFB- Always be flame belching.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. This game reminds me of the Metroid Prime series a lot, and I love those games. I enjoyed Doom 2016 as well, especially the rune challenges and arcade mode, but I do like that id mixed it up for Eternal..

Speaking of which.. are we getting arcade mode for Eternal? That would be dope... throw some modifiers in there like the Halo MCC has and this game will have years of replay value..

Back