Official UFC 197 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whittaker – Natal is a super athlete, he’s in the top 20, he’s rugged, I’m not underestimating him, I’m honoured Dana white likes my style, I changed all my coaches, training before my winstreak, it’s all home bound now around people that want me to succeed, that’s the biggest influence.

Only peeps standing out to me are obvious

Jones mm

And some of the lesser knowns

I think fili gets it done. He was giving max holloway a tough time through round 1 and his fight with arantes really showed his grit.

Also like efrain. Kevin Lee thinks he's Floyd mayweather and gets ko by Bjj guys.

Also think Vick is worth a look if under -200

Harris – training 8-9 weeks (then talks about his background, how he got into fighting, etc) nothing about training or upcoming fight.

MM – nice to have a fresh challenge, it’s just another fight, he won’t be prepared for what he saw of me on tape once he gets inside there

Lee – I begged for the Khabib fight, I got over confident, relaxed on my defense, It was an early stoppage, I broke my ankle on the way up, I won’t make that mistake anymore, lack of experience trying to stand up right away, I don’t think of it as a loss, Escudero is a tougher fight than Santos, I want to be the first person to drop Escudero, he’s on his way out anyways, trained at Roy Jones and Mayweathers gym, and Extreme Couture, Drysdales, IV ban threw me off as well, I’ll take rehydration way more serious now, he’ll wear down in the 3rd or 2nd and I’ll finish him in guard, a TKO

Only peeps standing out to me are obvious

Jones mm

And some of the lesser knowns

I think fili gets it done. He was giving max holloway a tough time through round 1 and his fight with arantes really showed his grit.

Also like efrain. Kevin Lee thinks he's Floyd mayweather and gets ko by Bjj guys.

Also think Vick is worth a look if under -200
Huh what? Vick is gonna be the dog man, I guarantee it.

Last edited:
I've gone big on A. Pettis - think he just has too many tools for Barboza, small prop bet on MM by decision and just for laughs a $2 bet at 10:1 that Jon Jones wins by Kimura.

Just finished watching tape on OSP....sweet maria is he bad. Like much worse than i realized. I will post in more detail tomo. Some good value on JJ r3 -r5 props

I wanna see the Barboza by dec line, I think he can out volume Pettis unless Pettis has a Uriah Hall moment and lands some spinning shit. Jones - OSP O1.5 might be interesting as well, but otherwise I dont see a lot of stuff im really interested in. Might throw something at OSP by KO just for the lolz. I am already on the Johnson by dec at 1.87.

Didn't know Cody East was a Jackson's MMA fighter

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Cody-East

TRAINING: 9:30am – Training at Jackson/Wink Academy, 11:00am – Strength and Conditioning, 2:00pm Heavy Bag work

Ranks in any martial arts styles: Two-time New Mexico high school state wrestling champion.

EAST_CODY.png

Short notice:
Ovince St. Preux (in for Daniel Cormier) - 2 weeks notice - vs. Jones
Carla Esparza (in for Jessica Aguilar) - 2.5 weeks notice vs. Lima

- Jon Jones ring rust (1yr+)
- Esparza returning from TKO loss, 1yr+ ring rust
- Harris returning from TKO loss
- Hester returning from TKO loss, training at Blackzilians now
- Lee returning from TKO loss

I like the under in the Barboza/Pettis fight. I now it has the potential to go over 2.5, but not at 50%. Barboza's fights that go to decision always seem like that are so close to being finished at times. I think Pettis is also going to be more aggressive than normal coming off his loss.

Bobby Green at the MMA Lab training with Escudero

12965210_1690968387786491_1299785340_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back