Official UFC 197 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get Whittaker @ -275 just need Jones odds to be adjusted.

Machida+Dodson+Jones+Whitaker pays +138 I have to...

I usually try to keep parlays 3 legs or less but I have SUCH a hard time seeing any of these 4 losing...

Machida+Dodson+Jones+Whitaker pays +138 I have to...

I usually try to keep parlays 3 legs or less but I have SUCH a hard time seeing any of these 4 losing...

Like it. I like Cruz + Whittaker + Jones -123.

Had to use Jones @ -450 so put him + Glover together £500 @ -120. Already have a shitload on Glover but really think his odds should be bigger so happy to add even more to him.

Call me square but I played Jones ITD straight at -325 to win 1 unit. How the hell is OSP going to last five rounds with Jones?

Call me square but I played Jones ITD straight at -325 to win 1 unit. How the hell is OSP going to last five rounds with Jones?

square!

jk. i haven't figured out a way to play that fight, yet, myself. osp isn't easy to finish.. before GT did it, no one else really had (barring the early career loss to rezdog, if my memory serves (cna't check right now)) -- but jones SHOULD do it. unless he's off from the layoff/issues/etc

Jones has burned me too much ITD. He's too unpredictable in if he is going to go for it or not. He's been to decision in four of his last six title fights. I was surprised Belfort lasted 3 rounds too.

Jones has burned me too much ITD. He's too unpredictable in if he is going to go for it or not. He's been to decision in four of his last six title fights. I was surprised Belfort lasted 3 rounds too.

I agree. JJ is kind of hard to predict in regards to finishes. I think he tends to play it safe and just go to the cards ratther than going hard and put himself at risk in the last rounds.

See what you are both saying re JJ and finishing but this is a drop in comp for him and against a guy he should be able to sub on the mat. Not to mention OSP's first ever 5 round fight on short notice.

See what you are both saying re JJ and finishing but this is a drop in comp for him and against a guy he should be able to sub on the mat. Not to mention OSP's first ever 5 round fight on short notice.

isn't this the fourth 5 rounder for osp?

he main evented against bader, shogun, and GT in the last few years

I was just playing devil's advocate. I won't be betting Jones ITD but I think it is an okay play. Most likely outcome IMO is OSP blowing his load in r1 and r2 trying to get the finish. When he doesn't find it JJ will be gifted a finish - thats my official prediciton. (only for subscribers....lolz)

Re Jones finishing:

Generally, I think it's a fool's errand to try to "get in the head" of a fighter. But I really do think Jones is going to come out to make a statement here that despite DC holding the belt, there's no question who the best LHW (and possibly best fighter overall) on the planet is. I feel like he may have a bit of that Roy Jones Jr "Ya'll must've forgot" vibe in this one. Especially because I don't think OSP has the tools to stop Jones from taking him down and once on his back I don't think he can stop Jones from reigning down hell on him. I think trying to predict KO/TKO or sub is tough because I think both are very possible. But I think 25 minutes is just way too long to expect OSP to survive.

That said, I understand it's not exactly cheap to bet Jones itd. But it is by far the most likely outcome.

Following this amazing FOX card tonight, dropped a heavy bet on Demetrious dec -104. Such an amazing line for an outcome that is highly likely.

Red corner fighters on the left... fighters that will walk out second.

tRn6UGy.jpg

Favorites on the left: (guesses)

Jon Jones vs. Ovince Saint Preux
Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo
Anthony Pettis vs. Edson Barboza
Robert Whittaker vs. Rafael Natal
Yair Rodriguez vs. Andre Fili
Sergio Pettis vs. Chris Kelades
Danny Roberts vs. Dominique Steele
Carla Esparza vs. Juliana Lima
James Vick vs. Glaico Franca
Cody East vs. Walt Harris