Official UFC Fight Night 79 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunnar is 27 and Maia is 38. I have bee wondering for a while when Maia is gonna show up and just seem old. Granted his style of fighting to grind and use BJJ suits well to his age.. but still one day you just don't have what it takes to beat younger fighters.

I will probably play Gunnar small.

I see zero value in DHK at the current price whether it is parlays or whatever. I will probably play Waters for small come fight time, expecting the price to get better.

Geez a 10am start for next UFC is early for me, but even worse for guys across the pond, you will need to know if you get LB to make it worth even getting up for. But the fights look exciting, just not very predictable, another small event methinks.

Made an official 0.1u loss in total for Monterrey, but went +0.5u in RL so woohoo (that Cejudo split made me go to bed - no more UD you guys were right lol)

No offense but just cause Mina did one camp at Kings doesn't mean much. Just look at the guy from TUF Latin America finale who trained there and looked like hot garbage in the finale. Didn't even throw a punch in the final round. Although, he is 11-0 and I do believe he will post a tough test for Akiyama, I believe Akiyama can play his game to a decision with judges that I expect to be highly in his favor.

i'm betting against Mina here but am not completely sold.

Ning is my favorite fighter on the card. I think he ends this one quickly to start the night (or really the morning for most of us).

I got to see him train at Tiger and he has really improved since his arrival. I'm not sure if he is doing this camp there but I think he cruises to victory here.

NFL

I legit have no lean on the spread as it stands. I do, however, think a teaser is the best bet in this situation. The point total is inflated and I think it won't be close to hitting

Bills +13 + u53.5

Risk: 1.1u to win 1u

For the record I think both ends of the teaser (NE -1)

Geez a 10am start for next UFC is early for me, but even worse for guys across the pond, you will need to know if you get LB to make it worth even getting up for. But the fights look exciting, just not very predictable, another small event methinks.

Made an official 0.1u loss in total for Monterrey, but went +0.5u in RL so woohoo (that Cejudo split made me go to bed - no more UD you guys were right lol)
Yeah been wondering how many people will be in here for the event

Steeping my shit up. No livebet for me on 5d and I gotta wake up at 4:30am to catch the first fight but i'll be here.

Props are out.

I was hoping to get DHC itd at +odds but it's at -125. Pretty stupid. I'd rather play his ML at that price. We'll see when his KO line opens up.

Thinking there's some value on Masvidal by decision +410 but I'm on the fence for this fight as a whole. But seeing how Masvidal has the better odds, I'm inclined to take him.

I'm not seeing anything I need to jump at so I'll wait. I'll take a stab at Dom Waters dec +890.

On another note,

I've never heard of Mina before and I just went to watch his fight with Anzai and I was not impressed. Dude is wild as hell and I thought he was a BJJ/Judo expert. He didn't look that great in that aspect either. He definitely has some toughness and he's not afraid to brawl. He liked throwing that flying knee and he wings big hooks.

Of course he's opposite of a 40 year old Akiyama who has like 1 win in the last couple years. He's definitely skilled and well rounded though even at an advanced age. He's shown poor cardio in many of his fights and I gotta wonder how his cut to 170 will look like once again. He looked pretty drained last time but it didnt seem to hinder his performance against the now retired Amir Saddolah (sp?).

DHK itd +140 on 5d. Waters never been finished but I think he gets crushed bad.

I also don't know what to do on this main event. Can't decide if I hit the "goes the distance" line hard, or bet Benson by dec hedged with Masvidal by dec. Just don't see this ending itd.

Man waking up at 10am to watch a premier league game is hard for me lol. Not waking up at 8 to watch a card

politics
anyone on Hilary to become next president? I got her at 1.72 (well I got next president is female just to be extra safe).

props up

collier dec +221 not bad

man, is bendo dec +115 one of these "obvious" picks that's prolly gonna hit? i kinda feel like he could sub masvidal over 5 rounds, etc.. but... i keep regretting not doing these obvious choices. (i.e. cejudo dec, etc. shit that's GOING to hit)

He's essentially a smaller version of Stungun with more fluid & polished striking, but with a less dominant overall grappling game (but still very good).

If you've seen Stungun or Kyung Ho Kang fight you'll get a decent idea of how DHK 2 fights. They all come from the same camp and all the TEAM MAD fighters fight similarly.

He's better at everything technically than his opponent, but he's a natural LW jumping up to WW so size may be a factor. He should still be a solid favorite imo so I would definitely recommend betting for DHK 2 if he's the underdog.

awesome, thanks, hufusopem!

lol.. that DHK vs cha in ho fight is listed on sherdog as "tko: punches"

politics
anyone on Hilary to become next president? I got her at 1.72 (well I got next president is female just to be extra safe).

Hillary could lose to Rubio or Jeb Bush head to head

I don't think Bush has a great chance of securing the GOP nomination
but Rubio is a legitimate threat

took a look at baby dongs record and I cant find a single good win, even his losses and there are quite a few are against cans

he has a couple of losses against guys with records like 14-18, 7-11

not saying that he is bad but on paper he doesnt look that promising, Dominique Steele has fought the much better competition and by far has the better wins

He was basically a part time fighter who did MMA as a hobby like a lot of Korean fighters who have deceptive records. He only started taken MMA seriously after his army stint which is when he went 7-1 (the one loss he was dominating until he got caught by a sub).

Before the birth of ROAD FC and TOP FC there really was no avenue for Korean fighters to make money with MMA hence a lot of Korean fighters didn't train like real professionals.

sexyama dec +228 is surpisingly high... considering he's a pretty decent sized favorite... and one who has no finishes since 2008...

that's how i see him winning, if mina gasses and sexyama starts having success (getting td's)

gonna play a bit on that even tho i like mina ML

NBA RANT

i had kings +5 tonight. they were up 17 points going into the fourth quarter so i thought my bet was cash. hornets make a huge comeback in the fourth and are up 2 with less than a second left. worst thing ever happens. kings made a 2 point shot and took it to overtime. in overtime, theyre down 3 and give up an offensive rebound + put back to the smallest player on the court on the last possession. my bet pushes, thank goodness, but id prob be cursing up a storm if i had lost that one.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back