Official UFC Fight Night 79 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dongi Yang says he's in the best shape of his life.

Doo Ho Choi sees no improvement in Sicilia's game and predicts a finish.

Seo Hee Ham admits JoJo was a difficult opponent stylewise, but sees Casey as a very winnable fight.

Tae Hyun Bang is going for the KO in the 1st round, says he has some injuries.

Seo Hee Ham admits JoJo was a difficult opponent stylewise, but sees Casey as a very winnable fight.

You sound a bit biased towards Korean fighters. You've thrown me off my Collier bet though I may have to keep my play smaller.

How you getting your info

I also think Yang will take this. From what I've seen though, opinions are very split on this one.

Before the odds came out I was really looking forward to betting Casey in the -150 range. However, I held out, and my stance on the fight changed. Yeah Casey will be bigger and is coming off from training with JJ for a month, but the fight is in Korea and Ham is a very high volume striker. Ham should also have the cardio advantage. I'm thinking this is more of a 50/50 fight with a very slight edge to Casey. With that said, I'm gonna play this fight a little unorthodox. I'm going .5u on Ham dec +225 and .2u on Casey sub +567. I think the Casey sub prop has some value, but more often that not I see this hitting the cards, and I might put the over a parlay.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Casey won a decision.

I like Ham dec too at over 3.0
finish is verrrry unlikely and if so probably would be from Casey
over 3.0 seems good for an experienced, established fighter who is respected in the lighter women's divs, fighting in front of a home crowd, vs an unknown and inexperienced opponent.
I think Ham can win via volume. Casey could use her size advantage to win by holding/pushing/maybe sub, but she's been training with Joanna J. So might want to try striking instead.
So basically I agree with everything you've said, (though I bet 1u on Ham by dec, & 0.15u on Ham + Real Madrid from yesterday -> potental +3.5u all togehter. Plus I'm not really sure Casey is better at all to be the favorite, especially 1.5 - she's just bigger)
I thought about hedging Casey by sub but I don't think it's that likely (she's more likely to win dec then both bets would lose) so won't bother.

if Ham wins rd1 the outcome should be clear, odds hopefully still closeish to even & will bet more live on her.

We are going to do well to come out up on this event. Every b/d i read there's a strong argument for both guys lol! Kind wish I put £50 on every dog now I reckon you're likely to come out up!

Bendo by DEC still has good odds. But betting the fight going the distance seems much much safer.

Jorge has a lot of DEC wins as well.

Parlay

Benson + Dong + Sexy + Ham + Doo Ho

$20 to win $166

Worth the small risk IMO

instead of the 'lobster dinner parlay' we can call it the 'dog dinner parlay'

instead of the 'lobster dinner parlay' we can call it the 'dog dinner parlay'

I don't get it, are you saying that's a bad bet? Granted any parlay with 5 fighters or teams is difficult to hit but I think this parlay is worth the $20 risk.

UFC 194 - Aldo + Weidman + Faber + Maia + Holloway

Not sure how much I could win for that but this is more than likely going to be my parlay. Staying away from Jacare/Romero, I think that fight is too close to call.

I don't get it, are you saying that's a bad bet?

Lol no, I can see it winning. I'm making a joke/pun about cultural culinary preferences :eek: :redface:

You sound a bit biased towards Korean fighters. You've thrown me off my Collier bet though I may have to keep my play smaller.

How you getting your info

Yang does appear more solid but he is coming off many injuries and its his first stint back to the ufc over a younger and 6.3" opponent its not going to be easy.

Sicilia predicts he will smash Choi since he pulled out of his past 2 arranged fights within 2 weeks of fight night due to injuries, also does not like how he got the fight on home turf and wants to make a statement now, he also claims his opponents were all regional circuit nobodies.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sa...-UFC-Matchmaker-By-Smashing-Doo-Ho-Choi-96323

I like Ham dec too at over 3.0
finish is verrrry unlikely and if so probably would be from Casey
over 3.0 seems good for an experienced, established fighter who is respected in the lighter women's divs, fighting in front of a home crowd, vs an unknown and inexperienced opponent.
I think Ham can win via volume. Casey could use her size advantage to win by holding/pushing/maybe sub, but she's been training with Joanna J. So might want to try striking instead.
So basically I agree with everything you've said, (though I bet 1u on Ham by dec, & 0.15u on Ham + Real Madrid from yesterday -> potental +3.5u all togehter. Plus I'm not really sure Casey is better at all to be the favorite, especially 1.5 - she's just bigger)
I thought about hedging Casey by sub but I don't think it's that likely (she's more likely to win dec then both bets would lose) so won't bother.

if Ham wins rd1 the outcome should be clear, odds hopefully still closeish to even & will bet more live on her.

I like hams output, but she was struggling badly against jojos massive height and reach advantage, Casey is of a similar height and reach and could easily replicate a similar game plan, not an easy fight for her but do like her as the underdog due to volume alone.

Soccer Saturday
Prem value bets

Cpl of live value single bets on offer this weekend:

Can't believe Everton are +152 away at Bournemouth this weekend. Quite generous odds, imo. Bournemouth have their 3 best players out injured long term & haven't won a game in Prem since Sept. Everton have scored 12 goals in their last 3gms( Lukaku 4). Bournemouth have conceded 14 in their last 5gms. 5 away at City, 5 at home to spurs, 2 away to Southampton, 1 at home to out of form Newcastle & 2 away at goal shy Swansea. They've benched their first choice keeper Boruc & their back Federici up is an underwhelming back up goalie journeyman. Barkley, Lukaku & Defeloeu have been on fire.

Stoke are at +141 away at struggling Sunderland. Stoke have the stingiest defence in the Prem & have enjoyed 5 clean sheets from their last 6 games & have kept Newcastle, Chelsea & Southampton goalless in their last 3. Since key injured players have returned to the 1st team Hughes has gotten Stoke playing some decent football & have gone 5-1-1 in their last 7gms despite their 1st choice striker(Diouf) being injured & also having some compassionate leave due to a family bereavement. He's now back. Goalkeeper Pantillimon, has been Sunderlands best player which tells its own story. They're very underwhelming in the middle of the park & Stoke's hard working 5 man midfield should have the beating of Sundrlands soft underbelly.

Also contemplating Watford's double chance odds away at Villa. Villa are the worst side in the Prem & are trash in every department. Trouble behind the scenes too with new manager, Garde, kicking their young "star" Grealish down to their u21's after yet another off field piss up misdemeanor.

Anyroad, i'm off up to the cabin for Thanksgiving so happy hunting this weekend with your picks this wkend guys & BOL to you all!

Thanks card nice interviews

I glanced through them so caught kinda the jist of few things;

Waters: Is in on short notice against DHK, bit of a debate if this is good or not since he has lost before on short notice fights. Wants to follow in magny/cowboys footsteps with accepting fights. Working with Greg jackson and more happier. Expects FOTN

Sicilia: Skillset caught up with his mindset and is the vet now coming in, says he is now familiar within the cage and was not before. Enjoys travelling to see new cultures, he wishes to silence the crowd. Discusses how ufc sean has booked this fight 3 times now, choi being a region circuit guy and can't understand him being the underdog. Sicilia claims he is a real fighter, Chois just athletic and that is all, he wants to end with 3-0 for this year.

Torres: Longest flight for a fight yet, has bendo/joe rigg to help out. He prefers to fight offence then defence, excited for great fight but game planning to not rush in and get caught. Worked on weight sooner, lost 10% muscle to gain right weight so no hard cut.

Bendo: Changed his timing this camp due to being a Dad, claims no toothpick for this fight. Trained at a local camp with friends. Admits against thatch was bit more stronger but still happy to fight at that weight, bit disappointed in the masvidal name but understands he is super tough, wants a belt be it at 170 or 155, will retire in ufc. Claims he will walk forward and find out who is more tougher against masvidal.

Masvidal: First time to headline a ufc event but normal day at office, prefers his fight against bigger name in bendo then dhk, trained for 3 rounds very hard but is fine for 5 rounds. Maintained his weight under strict control.... expects fireworks but says bendo may run during the fight to steal rounds.

Bendo: Changed his timing this camp due to being a Dad, claims no toothpick for this fight. Trained at a local camp with friends. Admits against thatch was bit more stronger but still happy to fight at that weight, bit disappointed in the masvidal name but understands he is super tough, wants a belt be it at 170 or 155, will retire in ufc. Claims he will walk forward and find out who is more tougher against masvidal.

Masvidal: First time to headline a ufc event but normal day at office, prefers his fight against bigger name in bendo then dhk, trained for 3 rounds very hard but is fine for 5 rounds. Maintained his weight under strict control.... expects fireworks but says bendo may run during the fight to steal rounds.
I hope that is mostly bullshit from Bendo... If not, I really don't like what I'm hearing...

benson dec +115 on bet365, worth a flyer

gamebread decision +600 :icon_lol:

Ham +3.5 points -170

Love it

Woahhhh. Ham/Casey o1.0 -264. That's an absolute gift line. It was around -525 last time I checked. The o2.5 is fucking -225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back