Official Women's Division Discussion #27

I was a little shocked by the scorecards thought Montana had it 29-27, with the 1&2, but a draw seemed appropriate. But the round by round scores are the shocking part none of the judges gave Montana the 1st (which I thought was her better round) they all gave Montana the 2nd (which I saw as swing round) and the judge who had Silva winning gave out 10-8 in the 3rd seemed like a big how. Probably watch this again tomorrow.

Davis also got a 10-8 round that seemed really unwarranted, but still a dominant performance she looked good with the time off and extra mass.

Ya my couch crashing eyes scored scored it 29-27 De la Rosa. Seemed weird that one judge had it for Silva and two judges had it a draw. Also have noticed that on some occasions it seems one or two judges fell asleep at the wheel.

Something I'm starting to wonder were the weight cuts to 125 lbs hampering Alexis Davis since
it looked like she struggled at that weight but put the muscle mass & weight back on and return
to Bantamweight she looks a lot better first fight back and wins.

Something I'm starting to wonder were the weight cuts to 125 lbs hampering Alexis Davis since
it looked like she struggled at that weight but put the muscle mass & weight back on and return

You also got to factor in the step down in competition

Cat Zingano has a fight coming up. I don't think anyone should even fathom the idea of Cyborg being her next opponent, simply because we would've known already. Six weeks fly by, and she's the biggest name Bellator could throw at The Borg right now. And:

Marketable Leah McCourt has a fight coming up too.

Things could get interesting, with Budd already booked, and the possible rematch between Smith/Kavanagh being an option too. Maybe we'll see a true #1 contender arise (although I think Budd is already deserving of a rematch and is the only woman that can be competitive with Cyborg).

Last edited:

Cat Zingano has a fight coming up. I don't think anyone should even fathom the idea of Cyborg being her next opponent, simply because we would've known already. Six weeks fly by, and she's the biggest name Bellator could throw at The Borg right now. And:

Marketable Leah McCourt has a fight coming up too.

Things could get interesting, with Budd already booked, and the possible rematch between Smith/Kavanagh being an option too. Maybe we'll see a true #1 contender arise (although I think Budd is already deserving of a rematch and is the only woman that can be competitive with Cyborg).

Janay Harding also hinting at entering camp:

i'd say that mazo was a particularly favorable matchup for davis + less of a weight cut

Ya my couch crashing eyes scored scored it 29-27 De la Rosa. Seemed weird that one judge had it for Silva and two judges had it a draw. Also have noticed that on some occasions it seems one or two judges fell asleep at the wheel.

lol that's putting it nicely xD

i had de la rosa v. bueno silva as a draw - DLR was definitely giving bueno silva something to think about in the first with her new found striking, but reverted straight back to her wrestling base after eating knees in the clinch. montana's wrestler strength definitely cut off a lot of options for bueno silva, but her inability to convert that pressure into a finish is going to dog her mma career (that arm triangle looked close tho)
as for bueno silva, her aggressive clinch striking will definitely give flyweights a hard time, but i feel that she needs to build strength in order to progress. i'm just pleased that bueno silva managed to get through this fight without incurring a major injury so she can be back in the cage sooner - would be interested in seeing her fight viviane araujo at some point.

Last edited:
I don't think this is going to end well for Roxy. Santos isn't as fast & explosive as Araujo, but she looks a bit bigger and appears to be just as strong. Not as good of a puncher as Vivi, good kicks & clinch work, and a pretty solid ground game with better than average positional control and few stupid scrambles. That's gonna be tough for Roxy to deal with.

Back