Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Did we ever get an explanation for the Fairn weight debacle? The fact that they've given her another shot makes you wonder if it was a communication issue or something.

Did we ever get an explanation for the Fairn weight debacle? The fact that they've given her another shot makes you wonder if it was a communication issue or something.
For some reason, i think the same offer Norma Dumont got from the UFC (about working at the PI to solve weight issues) was offered to her. Thats what justifies the date of the bout for me (August is kinda far... Good to work weight issues)

Whats to explain? She is a featherweight, don’t believe she has ever made 135 in her career

Whats to explain?

Well I guess the fact that the match was initially made at 135 and she weighed in at 147 ......... plenty of fighters move down, some even miss weight but Fairn and the UFC seem to have been operating on totally different presumptions. That she seems to have been forgiven rather than kicked out in disgrace suggests that it wasn't entirely her fault.

This is such bullshit - assuming they were fight week testing failures. There have been a grand total of zero studies done on athletes under fight week conditions and a threshold number was just arbitrarily set. I wish for once when someone fought this (which they should) they had an actual scientist as part of their legal team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back