Official Women's Division Discussion #27

ask cejudo how that worked out (they're both just as cringe too)

With his last few fights I think Cejudo was getting a lot of momentum/popularity. If he hadn't suddenly retired he'd be the biggest little star in the sport IMO and I could see him making at least that much per fight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also this stuff about Kayla is probably just to get ppl talking and debating about her to heighten her profile/hype before the inevitable immanent signing...

So no love for KGB this weekend?
KGB vs The lesser Shevcenko is a toss up. Antonina is a middle of the pack fighter to me. She can beat people in the lower half of the division but will struggle when the level of comp goes up. KGB is consistently inconsistent with low fight IQ. She can look great one day and then lose to someone she should not the next. Her low fight IQ has also cost her sure wins because she made a dumb decision. She almost lost a fight she was clearly winning because for some reason she thought it would be smart to try and catch a head kick or another fight she went to take down a grappler and almost got chocked near the end of the fight. For these reasons, I have no clue who is going to win this fight lol.

Last edited:
Not gonna even try faux "analysis" so, here's who I wish wins:

Chook - for no real reason whatsoever, but she seems a bit cooler and has not beaten Roxy.
Other Shevchenko - because of reasons.
Cachoeira - probably still deserves a win for the Valentina induced beatdown to balance things out.

Damm, was really hoping Pannie would get someone ranked in the Top Ten. She is on 3 fight streak. She deserves it
Still a good fight for her Davis is a former title challenger and a very winnable fight for Pannie. And just looking at the list the only available fight would be a Lansberg rematch (holm/GDR arnt realistic) in the entire top 15.

Side note Panda has some horrible luck her ufc career is 3 fights and 9 canceled fights.

Hope Frey takes this.

This weekend I hope we see Araujo brings her A game and cardio. She can finish Chookagian if she gets her clean and cornered.

I like shevchenko standing here, but KGB probably relies on her Russian Sombo to win this. Hopefully shevchenko will copy sister and eye kick her tho.

Mazany as average as she is should have an easy time here.

Last edited:
Lee is due a change of luck, Zombie Girl ko's Mazany and calls out the Bullet, Chook fulfills her destiny as the most expensive card opener in history and grunts her way to another points victory.

I'd like to see Cachoeira win & say 'Bullet you've been ducking me since our last fight. Which everyone knows I won.'

KGB vs The lesser Shevcenko is a toss up. Antonina is a middle of the pack fighter to me. She can beat people in the lower half of the division but will struggle when the level of comp goes up. KGB is consistently inconsistent with low fight IQ. She can look great one day and then lose to someone she should not the next. Her low fight IQ has also cost her sure wins because she made a dumb decision. She almost lost a fight she was clearly winning because for some reason she thought it would be smart to try and catch a head kick or another fight she went to take down a grappler and almost got chocked near the end of the fight. For these reasons, I have no clue who is going to win this fight lol.
I would say her 3 fight skid is to a certain extent also up to the judges.
She can and should finish fights.
I guess I see her as having more ability than most here.
Same with Antonina.Think its a very good fight.

I think you're all underestimating how good Antonina is on the feet, and how improved she looked on the ground against Lipski. Add up how she fights in the clinch, and she's above Lee in every field, including fight IQ. If Lee strikes with Shevchenko, she's not winning anything. If Lee somehow decides to grapple, she might end up like Pudilova: Slept. Her best bet is to wall and stall, and pray for a win, because she's not winning a stand up fight against a Shevchenko. Antonina is my pick.

I root for Priscilla, and hope she can get a win... But she's such an unpredictable mess, that I find myself taking Mazany on this. Mazany by UD, sloppy fight from beginning to end.

Props to Araujo for fighting at Flyweight, and not dropping down to Strawweight, but she does seem to be fairly small for 125. She's taking a loss here. Chookagian knows what a jab is, she knows what pacing herself means, and has a chin on her. I don't like Vivi's chances on the ground either, Katlyn is tricky.

I expect a competitive round 1, and then Chookagian to run away with the rest of the fight. 30-27 Chookagian.

IMO these guys have a point, I guess the purists will say 2vs5 takes precedence over 11vs12 but folk are paying for this and after a couple of good weeks for the women - even fakegate was a talking point - it does seem a bit unnecessary.

IMO these guys have a point, I guess the purists will say 2vs5 takes precedence over 11vs12 but folk are paying for this and after a couple of good weeks for the women - even fakegate was a talking point - it does seem a bit unnecessary.

I love WMMA but these guys are speaking the truth. I actively avoid watching Chook fight. Off the top of my head her and Danielle Taylor are the only WMMA fighters I will just watch the highlights for.

Chookagian's twitter was hacked by whom I presume, is probably an offended black person. Her profile picture is gone, her description is mocking her, and her liked tweets are about a bunch of dirty adult content. So... Lauren Murphy is throwing shade to her.

I hereby declare Barb a coward, and I hope Calderwood beats her ass.

I think you're all underestimating how good Antonina is on the feet, and how improved she looked on the ground against Lipski.

I guess - I mean she literally BROKE LIPSKI'S (pretty) FACE - but with Lipski we are talking about someone who was utterly, helplessly grapplefock'd by the mighty British wrestling of Joanne Calderwood and Molly McCann...

Back