Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Don't ask me why but I love this little video someone made of Valentina cornering her sister.

Edit: I figured out why I love it. It is because Valentina is always so composed but her love for her sister and her inability to be able to directly help brings this side of her out.

That's cool, training is cool. Out of quarantine is cool. The hairdo even ended up being cool enough.

But "the second fight" - very understandable, but would not be cool (well, the fight would be, but you know...) that either is just a focus on getting to the rematch immediately (cool) or Dana has already promised it behind the scenes

tenor.gif

That's cool, training is cool. Out of quarantine is cool. The hairdo even ended up being cool enough.

But "the second fight" - very understandable, but would not be cool (well, the fight would be, but you know...) that either is just a focus on getting to the rematch immediately (cool) or Dana has already promised it behind the scenes

tenor.gif

tumblr_o74hd4avL61qi35qlo1_400.gifv

Don't ask me why but I love this little video someone made of Valentina cornering her sister.

Edit: I figured out why I love it. It is because Valentina is always so composed but her love for her sister and her inability to be able to directly help brings this side of her out.

Nice. A lot of gif potential in that video. Might have to use this tonight depending on how the fight plays out :p

Hg7vBVX.gif

I guess - I mean she literally BROKE LIPSKI'S (pretty) FACE - but with Lipski we are talking about someone who was utterly, helplessly grapplefock'd by the mighty British wrestling of Joanne Calderwood and Molly McCann...

But let's not underestimate how she kept up with The Happy Warrior on the ground, reversed her, and ended up losing a close split decision. The only time she's shown weakness in the ground, was when she had a brain fart against Chookagian; otherwise she either won the fight on the ground, or avoided getting submitted.

HELL YEA! That is the Andrea Lee that needs to come to every damn fight! That is the talent that made me a huge fan during her rise in Invicta. Please just show up for every fight and stop the low IQ decisions and I am back on that hype train.

Shevchenko Inferior =(

Also, reasons. I has a sad.

At least Cachoeira did deliver the justbleeds :)

I think you're all underestimating how good Antonina is on the feet, and how improved she looked on the ground against Lipski. Add up how she fights in the clinch, and she's above Lee in every field, including fight IQ. If Lee strikes with Shevchenko, she's not winning anything. If Lee somehow decides to grapple, she might end up like Pudilova: Slept. Her best bet is to wall and stall, and pray for a win, because she's not winning a stand up fight against a Shevchenko. Antonina is my pick.

I root for Priscilla, and hope she can get a win... But she's such an unpredictable mess, that I find myself taking Mazany on this. Mazany by UD, sloppy fight from beginning to end.

Props to Araujo for fighting at Flyweight, and not dropping down to Strawweight, but she does seem to be fairly small for 125. She's taking a loss here. Chookagian knows what a jab is, she knows what pacing herself means, and has a chin on her. I don't like Vivi's chances on the ground either, Katlyn is tricky.

I expect a competitive round 1, and then Chookagian to run away with the rest of the fight. 30-27 Chookagian.
That improved grappling on full display I guess.

Back