PC or Console - Which one do you prefer?

My platform is

• Total voters
I like both about equally, but at least so far this year, I use my pc more.

That's what i'm leaning too. I haven't played console since a few months though.

console guy here. Used the pc in the late 90's/early 2000's before HALO dragged me back to the console side and havent gone back. Im not a tech savvy guy and the console just seems more basic and easier to use.

I like both, but playing a lot more on PC for like the past year.

Still looking forward to eventually getting a PS5 and playing the big exclusives there.

Sure but what about all the great PS exclusives from TLOU, GOW, UC, Bloodborne, so on and so forth.

I have a beast PC, and would play multiplatform games on there, but consoles have the better exclusives.
Not for long.

Screenshot-2021-05-15-181305.png

BOTW is on PC at 4K and 60 FPS.

<21>
Touche, forgot about that lol.
TLOU, GOW, UC, Bloodborne I've never even watched the trailers for. I couldn't careless about them. I don't even know what UC and BLoodborne are. I assume GOW is Gears of War?
God of War, but I guess you dont want what yu dont know exists lol.

I know for sure I dont know the existence of certain things that I will fucking love. Thats why I never truly dismiss things, I liked Hades when I hate rougelikes in general etc.

I fucking hope so lol. Imagine Bloodborne with some mods and at 4k uncapped FPS....:eek:

But they'll only release older exclusives.
We already have Death Stranding and Days Gone. Bloodborne is older than both. I've already played it to death anyway.

I'll take Ghost, though.

We already have Death Stranding and Days Gone. Bloodborne is older than both. I've already played it to death anyway.

I'll take Ghost, though.
Yeah Ill get real ecited once they bring the actual real hard hitters like TLOU, GOW, and Uncharted etc

I fucking hope so lol. Imagine Bloodborne with some mods and at 4k uncapped FPS....:eek:

But they'll only release older exclusives.
Sony opening up older entries from their exclusives library also looks to me a case-by-case marketing strategy in run-up to newer and follow-up (sequel) IPs that will in turn be exclusive. Sony detractors who fail to note the hypocrisy in faceplant-wishing but no less wanting their product would be wise to dial back any yukking. Positives no matter how this plays out are PC players enjoying Sony's unique brand of memorable journeys as well as the new revenue source that presents, ultimately contributing to greater Sony vision for current-gen, PSVR, and beyond.

Since 2009 I’ve been primarily a filthy console peasant, but from 1993-2006 I did all my gaming on PC and those were honestly my favourite years:

Doom 1-3
X-Com
X-wing/Tie Fighter
Heretic and Hexen
Duke Nukem 3D
Shadow Warrior
Quake 1-3 (especially 2)
Unreal Tournament
Half-Life 1 and 2 (with a million hours of Counterstrike)
Starcraft
Warcraft 1-3
Diablo 1 and 2
Dungeon Keeper
Crusader No Remorse and No Regret
Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2
Planescape Torment

Sony opening up older entries from their exclusives library also looks to me a case-by-case marketing strategy in run-up to newer and follow-up (sequel) IPs that will in turn be exclusive. Sony detractors who fail to note the hypocrisy in faceplant-wishing but no less wanting their product would be wise to dial back any yukking. Positives no matter how this plays out are PC players enjoying Sony's unique brand of memorable journeys as well as the new revenue source that presents, ultimately contributing to greater Sony vision for current-gen, PSVR, and beyond.
Exactly, I want everyone to experience these exclusives. These PC guys shit on console games and yet clamour for their games, its hilarious.

PC games. Even if you look past the technical dominance, the choice between m/kb and controller vs just controller opens it up to a bunch of amazing games that consoles will never have.

Touche, forgot about that lol.

God of War, but I guess you dont want what yu dont know exists lol.

I know for sure I dont know the existence of certain things that I will fucking love. Thats why I never truly dismiss things, I liked Hades when I hate rougelikes in general etc.
Looked them all up. None of them are remotely close to games I play. But I also only play very select types of games. A lot of games I won't ever play cause they simply aren't ones that interest me. I'm a very sandbox kind of guy.

PC for me.

I like being able to mod my games easily and the steam work shops is a god send.

Darkest Dungeon is one of the greatest games I have played in years and the mods the community pump out for it are mind blowing.

TLOU, GOW, UC, Bloodborne I've never even watched the trailers for. I couldn't careless about them. I don't even know what UC and BLoodborne are. I assume GOW is Gears of War?
God of War is amazing. TLOU is a great game though I don’t really like it. Sequel was a big let down for a lot of people.

Bloodborne might be great but it was a technical mess when I played it on PS4. It had frame rates dipping below 30 often and horrendous load times. Worst part about that was when you died you went to a hub world first, so you got like 2 minute long load screens for the price of one death. That’s a game that might be worth checking out if it does come to PC though.

Ghost of Tsushima is awesome. Best PS4 exclusive

Last edited:
God of Wat is amazing. TLOU is a great game though I don’t really like it. Sequel was a big let down for a lot of people.

Bloodborne might be great but it was a technical mess when I played it on PS4. It had frame rates dipping below 30 often and horrendous load times. Worst part about that was when you died you went to a hub world first, so you got like 2 minute long load screens for the price of one death. That’s a game that might be worth checking out if it does come to PC though.

Ghost of Tsushima is awesome. Best PS4 exclusive
Ghost of Tsushima is the only exclusive I've ever been interested in. It looks 10/10

Hard to say now, especially with some of the console features now.

I think it comes down to genre more often than not for me.

Both have their merits but overall I’m preferring PC.

I know you're all going to hate me for this but---

You can get almost everything you need with a Nintendo console and a good PC. I say "almost" because of stuff like Bloodborne and God of War.

And I say "you need" because nobody needs any of TLOU games. Nobody needs any of the Halo games. If you have seared nostalgia into your synapses fine, this probably doesn't apply to you but-- objectively you can get everything you'd get out of Halo by playing any number of other FPS games. You can get everything you'd get out of TLOU by watching any number of generic zombie movies.

You can't play StarCraft on console. And as we've seen with the new hardware from MS and Sony, these are not really 4k/RT machines. So you can't really play Cyberpunk on console either. Many, many of the best games on consoles are also on PC and I would say with a very few exceptions, PC versions are always better. In general I don't really consider mods to be a selling point for PC since most mods are just trash. But the Mogiri Mod for FFIX is gorgeous. The Secmod for System Shock 2 gives the masterpiece its intended vision. And of course Keyboard/Mouse will always run circles around controllers.

Having said that, I'm not trying to shit on consoles- I always buy the consoles. Also the GPU crisis is much worse than the XBSX/PS5 stock situation, and that must be factored in. In practical terms I'd say one's best bet is to use due diligence and nab a PS5/XboxSX at retail. It's hard, but possible.

Also I can't wait to play Demon's Souls remake. But people should stop trying to artificially inflate stuff. Like Returnal. Lol

Back