Post Your Gloves/Gear

Icheon farmer’s winnings are just older winnings. You can tell they’re older winnings by the shape of the thumb. Back then Velcro and laces had different padding between gloves. Winning always makes changes to their gear, from leather to padding to shape, they just don’t announce it. The current the padding for 12-16oz should all be the same though. FYI here’s 16 oz (newer looking) and 14 oz (older looking).

full

full

Also the winning shortage is mostly because china is buying a lot of winning stock and the factory isn’t able to keep up after quarantine. It seems like 10-20 pairs a week at least

Icheon farmer’s winnings are just older winnings. You can tell they’re older winnings by the shape of the thumb. Back then Velcro and laces had different padding between gloves. Winning always makes changes to their gear, from leather to padding to shape, they just don’t announce it. The current the padding for 12-16oz should all be the same though. FYI here’s 16 oz (newer looking) and 14 oz (older looking).

full

full

Also the winning shortage is mostly because china is buying a lot of winning stock and the factory isn’t able to keep up after quarantine. It seems like 10-20 pairs a week at least
With all these improvements have any been negative or all good things?

Looks almost like cork-board on the wrist. What is that?

It's rebond, probably latex or PU based

With all these improvements have any been negative or all good things?

I think the change happened a while ago. If the reviews have been good and nobody's noticed up until now then I don't think it really matters what the changes are. Might be winning standardizing their lineup or adjusting to material availability/lack thereof.

Has anyone used the MIM Zaragoza gloves, if so what they like and compare to other Mexican gloves?
A gym 1hr from where I live stock Zaragoza worldwide and also the made in Mexico gloves so bit curious.

full

full

Any particular reason people from China are buying up more Winning gloves than usual?

Any particular reason people from China are buying up more Winning gloves than usual?

That's a bit of a complicated answer I think. Mainly because boxing is growing in popularity, it's an expensive white collar sport in the first tier cities, rising purchasing power, and general culture. Around a quarter to half of the people I see in gyms in Shanghai use winnings, similar in beijing, not a lot of mid market options here, so it's either very cheap or winnings. I think China still places a lot of value on brand names and buying the best over settling for halfway there options. That and there's a large culture of importing goods through "daigou" with luxury goods like LV and Chanel, resellers tend to buy up all the stock and daigou back to china to sell for a small markup, the demand is there for people wanting to buy the best and seems to be growing. To put into perspective, gyms here start out at 1k+ annual with some at 1.5k/6mo and 1 on 1 PT's average around 100$ per hour so a pair of winnings to show off a bit is basically only 3-4 PT's.

Basically, because the purchasing power is there and the volume/number of people coming into boxing is a lot/growing. China doesn't seem to like to settle for mid tier, either super cheap 50$ or under aiba gloves or straight to winnings. I've only seen 2 pair of top boxers here as reference but probably 100 pairs of winnings while I've been here.

My personal viewpoint at least

That's a bit of a complicated answer I think. Mainly because boxing is growing in popularity, it's an expensive white collar sport in the first tier cities, rising purchasing power, and general culture. Around a quarter to half of the people I see in gyms in Shanghai use winnings, similar in beijing, not a lot of mid market options here, so it's either very cheap or winnings. I think China still places a lot of value on brand names and buying the best over settling for halfway there options. That and there's a large culture of importing goods through "daigou" with luxury goods like LV and Chanel, resellers tend to buy up all the stock and daigou back to china to sell for a small markup, the demand is there for people wanting to buy the best and seems to be growing. To put into perspective, gyms here start out at 1k+ annual with some at 1.5k/6mo and 1 on 1 PT's average around 100$ per hour so a pair of winnings to show off a bit is basically only 3-4 PT's.

Basically, because the purchasing power is there and the volume/number of people coming into boxing is a lot/growing. China doesn't seem to like to settle for mid tier, either super cheap 50$ or under aiba gloves or straight to winnings. I've only seen 2 pair of top boxers here as reference but probably 100 pairs of winnings while I've been here.

My personal viewpoint at least
Interesting perspective on the boxing in your city.

If you ever get a chance it would be cool to see some pictures of the shops that sell gloves and pictures of the gym(s) where you train.

Thank you for your posts.

Here are some pics from the gym I train at.
It's near Tokyo.
** Some glove pictures since it's a glove and gear thread. :)
SmartSelect_20210723-082246_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210723-082610_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210723-082810_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210723-082444_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

If you ever get a chance it would be cool to see some pictures of the shops that sell gloves and pictures of the gym(s) where you train.

It's near Tokyo.
View attachment 869398

View attachment 869399

View attachment 869400

View attachment 869401

Looking at your gym makes me sad, mines a dump

Last edited:
Just got my classic from @Edgar Martinez all I can say is amazing fit if you like snug fitting, small profiled gloves these are the ones for you!

Over lockdown I've purchased a fair few mexican branded gloves 5 in total (Campeon, Classics, Casanova, New sporting & Gil) and yet to get them on in the gym due to covid and also working away.

I know its been done to death but in a few days going to give an initial thoughts review and a comparison between them all, won't be anything lengthy just my personal opinion of what I think straight out the box prior to using them and then maybe a review once I've took them to the gym....but I doubt that as it'll take forever <Eek2.0>

It's near Tokyo.
View attachment 869398

View attachment 869399

View attachment 869400

View attachment 869401

Unfortunately, I don't know of any B&M shops that sell Winnings, everything is done through E-commerce here. I also realized I don't take too many pictures of my gyms here but here are some stills from sparring videos/online photos of my gyms here plus a photo of FLY X's next to Fly leather gloves!

full

full

full

full

full

full

I really need to get some proper boxing gloves. Used Rival RS11-v's for a while, don't like that they're not leather. Have used mostly Thai style Twins for training, but I want some proper boxing gloves just for boxing.

Don't feel worthy or probably have the budget for Winning. Upper limit is 250 something euros. Are the Venum pro line any good?

I really need to get some proper boxing gloves. Used Rival RS11-v's for a while, don't like that they're not leather. Have used mostly Thai style Twins for training, but I want some proper boxing gloves just for boxing.

Don't feel worthy or probably have the budget for Winning. Upper limit is 250 something euros. Are the Venum pro line any good?

Hey @MitchVDP , if you want to try some genuine leather, I suggest you go for less industrialized brands. As those tend to reduce costs of materials and their called "Genuine leather" may be too thin or not as raw as a real Cow or Goat hide. I haven't personally yet used Venum, but I've seen several gloves at my gyms, and its leather doesn't seem so nice - in my opinion.

Genuine leather is one of the elements I like of Mexican gloves. I believe you can try Cleto or any other MX brand from your expected budget. Appreciate Mexican gloves may sometime feel a bit more rough made, so may be one to consider.

It doesn't get more "proper boxing" than a Mexican made glove, and those fall well within your budget, even for custom options. If you decide to go that route, Edgar is the guy to go to.

Back