International Putin absolutely BODIED America in recent interview

Most Sunnis have no problem with Assad.

the insane extremist pro ISIS Sunnis can pound sand and await their just punishment.

they chose poorly.

This is not true at all.

Legit I understand pro Russian sentiements and Gaddafhi was a great leader as well. But Syria is different, Assad was not a good leader for most people before and the anger against him was legit. He also slaughtered tons of Sunnis and expelled them

But the issue is people are so partisan now they dont look into things. I know the Gas attack was surely staged by the west. I know Assad was good for some minority groups. I know Assad isnt a radical.

But Assad worship and love by non Muslims is entirely due to this perceived notion he protects christians, isnt an islamlst which is true. And yet people because he is close with Russia and they like Russia and or enemies of Israel etc ignore that Assad overall was NOT a good leader for the masses of Syrians and that half the country took up arms or rebelled against him. Regarding partition thay was a Russian proposal and makes sense Assad wont be able to hold all the lands and Syrias borders as it stands were created by the west. Forcing people together is stupid

He would have a hell of an easier time ruling if he carved an alawite state along the coast to Damascus but instead he is focused on petty revenge

you say a sovereign state should be split up cause of the internal conflict within between different groups...

so would you consider same approach with countries like ukraine and israel cause they're dealing with similar issues

Sure I dont care. If people want independence let them have it

Keir Simmons Was out of his league, relying too much on whataboutism (which he explained to Putin “in this country, we have an expression called whataboutism...”). Crying whataboutism is a weak deflection of calling out hypocrisy.

“and in my country, we have an expression — ‘don't be mad at the mirror if you're ugly.’” lol

The uprising in Syria was a color revolution. Much of it i had seen was backed by several Western NGOs.The same Western NGOs which backed the Egyptian protests and now Egypt had banned a few of those NGOs.

do you have any sources on this? Not that I don’t believe you, but I’d like to know more about it.

BuT pUTIn Is LiTeRaLlY pOiSoNiNg DiSsIdEnTs!

<mma2><mma2><mma2>

First of all let me clarify, i'm not American or Russian so I don't have a dog in this race, so I can better come up with an unbiased opinion than people who would be rooting for their country no matter what.

I have to say I think Putin handled this interview very well, and after watching it, it showed me that the negative image that the media tries to paint about Russia is clearly not accurate.

He exposed the great hypocrisy of america , from wanting China to stop their nuclear weapons development (while america has the most nuclear weapons). If you were really sincere about denuclearisation then make an example for the world and get rid of your nukes. Otherwise where do you get off telling others to not do it? How hypocritical is that?

Naturally, other countries need protection since america has so many nukes. And if a war breaks out countries without nuclear weapons are ripe persimmons ready for the taking, while countries with nuclear weapons are less likely to be invaded, since if you push them too far you could end up with mutual distruction.

Another point, America loves to meddle in other countries national affairs, but can't bare the thought of Russia possibly interfering in their national affairs like the election for example.

America will directly assassinate leaders in other countries, (e.g. Libya) causing chaos that continues to this day. You forget this ever happened because the media is too busy with sensationalism, but they're still fighting over the power vacuum caused by American interference.

To hear America complain about Russian interference is really beyond ironic. And libya is just 1 of many places America has meddled in their private affairs.

The interviewer criticised putin for supporting assad , but putin said something to the effect of 'if america had its way Syria would become the next libya' which I can't help but agree with.

Btw i'm not saying that gaddafi or assad were good presidents i'm aware that there's compelling arguments to remove them. The problem is that this is a delicate situation, and killing the dictator will cause more problems than it fixes as we see in libya which is still in chaos 10 years later. Who knows if libya will ever regain peace.

Later in the interview we saw the interviewer criticise putin for arresting protesters, but putin counters with talking about the congress riots, saying that they were imprisoned for coming to congress with political demands and yet were arrested with some facing 15-25 years , does that sound like a democracy to you?

Then the interviewer complained that putin was doing a 'what aboutism' where instead of answering questions, he points out america's hypocrisy.

All in all, I thought putin did a great job with this interview. He's even better than obama when it comes to being an articulate persuasive talker. He made alot of good points and came out the winner in this interview imo.

As jordan peterson would say "clean your room before you criticise the world" , America could do with some JP wisdom before they go around creating power vacuums in other countries. Otherwise you up with situations where the criticism america has for other countries is either nothing but hypocrisy or a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Discuss.

The number of intellectually lazy arguments made in this post are impressive.

Well if that's really how he feels he can step to this American might and see wtf happens.

We've had nuclear weapons for decades now and I think our country has proven that we only hold them to deter others from making them.

Who the fuck wants The peoples "republic" of china going nuclear? No one.

We aren't perfect but Putin needs to prove to the world that he isn't a dictator and actually gives a fuck about something other than maintaining his power hold over Russia.

We are top dogs, king dingalings, the king of the hill. We don't need to prove anything to anyone.
I think this idea that the world needs to bow at the USA's feet under threat of violence and war is the exact problem that other countries are fighting against. I think everyone should get rid of their nukes or everyone should have them. One country possessing them and bullying everyone else into doing things their way isn't fair and it isn't hard to see why other countries would want to maintain their sovereignty free of US control.

Putin pointing out America's faults doesn't absolve him of his own sins.

tenor.gif

Back