Raquel Pennington Wants a Couple Title Defenses, ‘Then That’s a Wrap for Me’

I know she gets marked off as boring, but it's weird how people's evaluation of how good the division is seems to revolve around her 'not being good' more-so than it does 'how does she currently fit in against everyone else?'

It's like, when a fighter in any other division who has a number of losses starts racking up wins in a row, people will usually go "Oh, looks like they turned a corner." Whereas with Racquel, it seems like everyone's going "Well, no she is just permanently a 6 outta 10 in skills at best in my mind. So if MBS beat her, I would have put MBS in the 7-10 area, but because she didn't, I put MBS below 6. The champ is now a 6 and everyone else is below a 6."

The rankings haven't been updated to put her as the champ yet (which is actually going to bump all these people up by 1 on average), but at this point, she has wins over #3, #4, #5, #7, #9, & #11 and the only people she lost to in the UFC are Andrade (lost by split and avenged with a RNC and a POTN bonus), GDR, and Holm twice. And all of those women have held gold. That's really not a bad run.
Rocky lost to Amanda as well. But yeah, she only lost to women that have been UFC Champions. I mentioned going back to 2015 she had only lost to Holly, GDR, and Amanda.

Her competition is head & shoulders better than Silva’s. And she’s a vet that had many ammy fights, too. She had a big advantage in experience. Like being in the 5th round of a UFC title fight before.

I’m happy for her, Tecia, and us 30 people that picked Rocky to win.

I hope she beats Pena. If Pena returns. She’s wanted that fight for a decade. Not many fighters seem to like Pena. Too yappy.

Then retire, or not. Whatever she chooses.

Man, did MBS ever fold after her massive shit talking. Two hype trains got stopped cold. In that division with Aldana against Amanda. And MBS against Rocky. Amanda would really hurt MBS, imo.

I hope Amanda doesn’t return. She retired under perfect circumstances. She can’t do anything she hasn’t done before, except become a 3 time BW Champion. She’s beaten everybody worth beating already.

Rocky lost to Amanda as well. But yeah, she only lost to women that have been UFC Champions. I mentioned going back to 2015 she had only lost to Holly, GDR, and Amanda.

Her competition is head & shoulders better than Silva’s. And she’s a vet that had many ammy fights, too. She had a big advantage in experience. Like being in the 5th round of a UFC title fight before.

I’m happy for her, Tecia, and us 30 people that picked Rocky to win.

I hope she beats Pena. If Pena returns. She’s wanted that fight for a decade. Not many fighters seem to like Pena. Too yappy.

Then retire, or not. Whatever she chooses.

Man, did MBS ever fold after her massive shit talking. Two hype trains got stopped cold. In that division with Aldana against Amanda. And MBS against Rocky. Amanda would really hurt MBS, imo.

I hope Amanda doesn’t return. She retired under perfect circumstances. She can’t do anything she hasn’t done before, except become a 3 time BW Champion. She’s beaten everybody worth beating already.
I had originally left her out cuz my post was "women still in the organization" before I realized her other losses weren't in the UFC, so I changed it and thought I added Amanda back in. Guess I missed that.

Peña can be a question mark, but it seems like one giant win really seems to have people convinced she's better than the fighter we've seen throw some absolutely terrible technique and get utterly embarrassed in her own comfort zone.

She can definitely beat her. I'm hoping she does

I had originally left her out cuz my post was "women still in the organization" before I realized her other losses weren't in the UFC, so I changed it and thought I added Amanda back in. Guess I missed that.

Peña can be a question mark, but it seems like one giant win really seems to have people convinced she's better than the fighter we've seen throw some absolutely terrible technique and get utterly embarrassed in her own comfort zone.

She can definitely beat her. I'm hoping she does
I don't know what so many see in Pena apart from wishful thinking.
Her only impressive thing was getting beat up so much by Amanda, Amanda tired herself out trying to finish and was able to win. Pennington isn't going to ever go hard for a finish her one-two clinch to the cage seems perfect for dominating Pena to a boring win. Pennington got good sub defenses too so it's unlikely Pena hits something there too.

Rocky vs Rocky Ronda?

shadow-boxing-mma.gif
I have seen people who had one day of boxing with better shadow boxing.

Make your money and get out before you have to much long term damage, great plan.

Love that people are complaining about this but McMidget fights once a leap year and he is a genius.
People complain about Pennington because she's atrocious both in the cage and on the mic. We the fans would be better off with her fighting less.

I don't know what so many see in Pena apart from wishful thinking.
Her only impressive thing was getting beat up so much by Amanda, Amanda tired herself out trying to finish and was able to win. Pennington isn't going to ever go hard for a finish her one-two clinch to the cage seems perfect for dominating Pena to a boring win. Pennington got good sub defenses too so it's unlikely Pena hits something there too.
I much prefer Pena in and out of the cage and she's also way easier to look at but you're not wrong, she's not that great and I could see Rocky winning a boring decision over her.

Last edited:
Back