Raquel Pennington Wants a Couple Title Defenses, ‘Then That’s a Wrap for Me’

Is that some Eastern thing? ~Dude lol
mGgqew.gif

The UFC has a lot of work to do in this division to create new contenders
Tate, Holm, De Randamie, Yana Santos, Kianzad should be fighting the next gen the UFC signed last year like like Dixon, Cavalcanti or Luana Santos if she stays at 135
Chandler the runner should not be ranked as she doesn't have any good win
Aldana and Vieira are more interesting to see in a title fight than Holm or De Randamie

The UFC has a lot of work to do in this division to create new contenders
Tate, Holm, De Randamie, Yana Santos, Kianzad should be fighting the next gen the UFC signed last year like like Dixon, Cavalcanti or Luana Santos if she stays at 135
Chandler the runner should not be ranked as she doesn't have any good win
Aldana and Vieira are more interesting to see in a title fight than Holm or De Randamie
Norma Dumont is nice to watch, but she's ranked despite never fighting 135 in the UFC. Aldana and Vieira unfortunately can't get the wins necessary and Raquel beat both of them, whereas Holly and GDR would be losses to avenge. I'd like to see Josiane Nunes Starr to get accelerated though. She fights at FW too, but has tried to get 135 fights more than 145.

Because of how shittily the division was booked, there's no contenders (even if the decision was bad, how do you not put Ketlen in a title fight after beating Holm) and shit like that's why they've had to rely on the old guard

Honestly, if she beats Pena and then either Holm and/or GDR (the other lingering stalwarts of her division), that's a hell of a "In the absence of Nunes" consolation prize. She's already beaten Vieira, Aldana, and now Silva. That would be basically the only top 5 there's been in the past 8 years and it's not like there's many others on the comeup. Everyone of note that hasn't been champion is already under her belt, so 2 or 3 former champs would be nice to ride off into the sunset on
I don't think she beats Pena and she might avenge her loss to Holly now but that's because Holly's in her mid-40s.

Well to be fair guys used to get title shots with 4 or 5 wins in a row on the regular.

Now people are winning 10 plus fights in a row to get a title fight.. some of them have to go on multiple runs and have 20 UFC fights before they ever get a title fight. By the time you do that your in the twilight of your career.
This is one of many reasons why titles or title shots don't mean shit.

Pennington bless.
77ca53b124f2d1afd131a3ad3.jpg
Although her decision to clinch every damn time instead of working behind a one-two was really questionable. But hey it worked for her. Also that awkward walking backwards needs to be fixed asap.

Noooooooooooo!!! Might as well just cancel UFC after she does

Hopefully Pena whoops her ass, then she can retire early.

Honestly, if she beats Pena and then either Holm and/or GDR (the other lingering stalwarts of her division), that's a hell of a "In the absence of Nunes" consolation prize. She's already beaten Vieira, Aldana, and now Silva. That would be basically the only top 5 there's been in the past 8 years and it's not like there's many others on the comeup. Everyone of note that hasn't been champion is already under her belt, so 2 or 3 former champs would be nice to ride off into the sunset on
I doubt she beats either, honestly

So no more OnlyFans for a bit then... I can live with that.

shes annoying to watch fight. is always a skippable fight. never proven it wrong.

i love wmma it has some amazing talent.

shes a decent athlete
her style is terrible.
she doesn't let her hands go.
she doesn't fight to finish.
she gives off this low-quality amateurish vibe when shes on the main cards
its not fun to watch. its hard to be her fan.
shes going to coast through her next fights the best she can.

she has beaten some good fighters shes remained unbeaten in a good chunk of fights.
her style is effective at what it does. thats it though. nothing is changing. you could probably accurately predict the play by plays of most of her fights before they happen.

I mean it isn't too hard to believe. Imagine working at the same job for 9 years and getting paid almost nothing. Then at the 10 year mark you finally manage to get promoted. You are probably ready to move on by this point

Back