Sean Strickland vs. Dricus du Plessis or Alexander Volkanovski vs. Ilia Topuria - Which fight are you more excited to watch? (Semi-Finals)

Which fight are you more excited to watch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DDP vs Strickland. i think Volk is getting old and is going to fall off a cliff soon. i don't know if it will be vs Topuria but i wouldn't be surprised to see moments where he gets got when he probably wouldn't have 2 years ago.

Tough choice.

On one hand we have pride of America and #bluecollarhero Sean Tarzan defending American freedom.

On the another, we have multicultural Georgia native Ilia Matador.

While I was looking forward to another potential American champ, I think Sean Tarzan was taking this one as Australie was solid #2 country for freedom fighter. I respect this.

Irregardless, two #JustBangGod classic in the making, guaranteed to be fireworks equivalent to July 4 #Freedom show.

Feel like people are getting swayed by the prefight antics of the DDP/Strickland fight

On paper it's a much less interesting matchup than Volk/Topuria

Feel like people are getting swayed by the prefight antics of the DDP/Strickland fight
You're probably right. There's also a good narrative in the FW title fight too with Volk having chin questions coming off a KO, but it won't draw as much interest as the WWE antics behind the MW title fight.

I picked the FW fight because Volk is an all-time great who's shown vulnerability and Illia is a very fun fighter to watch (though I do find him a bit overrated).

nothing the UFC has put foreword id exciting. sine the buyout it all sucks

Volk/Topuria. I don't even think Strickland/DDP are the two best middleweights, Strickland isn't even top 5 IMO in terms of skill/talent or whatever, and watching him fight is like watching paint dry.

You're probably right. There's also a good narrative in the FW title fight too with Volk having chin questions coming off a KO, but it won't draw as much interest as the WWE antics behind the MW title fight.

I picked the FW fight because Volk is an all-time great who's shown vulnerability and Illia is a very fun fighter to watch (though I do find him a bit overrated).
Yeah, think this is about right. From a sporting perspective Volk/Topuria is certainly more interesting and a higher level fight. But the “beef” between Strickland and DDP as well as the personality of Strickland has people more invested.

Strickland isn't even top 5 IMO in terms of skill/talent or whatever, and watching him fight is like watching paint dry.
A razor close decision loss to Cannonier (who many thought he won) and schooling Izzy means something. He may not have the most entertaining style but he is very clearly one of the best at MW. At this point in time I might actually pick Strickland to beat Whittaker too.

A razor close decision loss to Cannonier (who many thought he won) and schooling Izzy means something. He may not have the most entertaining style but he is very clearly one of the best at MW. At this point in time I might actually pick Strickland to beat Whittaker too.
Yeah and he deserves his ranking, which is why I said he's not even top 5 as far as skill or talent goes. An upset win over got a DUI yesterday Izzy is cool but I don't really care as far as being a fan or wanting to watch him fight.

Strickland fights are not entertaining, I expect DDP to increase the excitement factor but let's not delude ourselves. No one has ever said: "Damn, I need to rewatch that Strickland Apex card". Volk and Illia are going to bring a way more technical, high pace, and exciting fight by a mile.

Very close as I expected, 55 to 45. It was tough for me but I went with MW since they're both coming in off giant wins over Rob & Izzy. Volk just got smoked & Ilia, while extremely talented, is fairly unproven.

That said both are As, whereas O'Malley/Chito feels like a B or even a B- in comparison.

Strickland is Boring, DDP is overrated, but it's MW and it's a champ fight so it's a must watch. Volk is a great fighter but I wouldn't say a very exciting one. I have no idea who Topuria is, checking his record I can see he has no great wins so I don't even understand why he's fighting for the belt? As I get older I get more casual, but even if Strickland sucks it's better than FW.

Guys shitting on Strickland when Volk is a decision machine with the absolute most boring trilogy under his belt... JFL.

Damn I was no caps really excited to rewatch Sean Tarzan his APEX performance free fight leading to combat day

nkcheer (2).png

Always exciting to see the #AmericanHero his #Battles.

Although the Georgia man Topuria was exciting I look forward to Sean Tarzan his battle with the #AfricanKing

Whatever happens in Strickland vs DDP happens

Way more interested to see if Volk still
Has it or is done - i think tuporia sleeps him unfortunately - but im rooting for Volk

Back