Sergei is nothing new or special.

Sergei is special, just because the HW division is the worst in its history.

Except Sergei and Jones and maybe Blaydes, all the rest are absolute cans. With all the respect, Ngannou leaving was a huge loss .
Volkov, Almeida and Gane.
Overall you are right. Lewis who got outclassed by way past prime JDS got to title shot. Generally speaking the division lacks well rounded fighters, especially grapplers.

Look at guys like Werdum, Barnett, DC, Overeem, Cain. They could strike, they could grapple. Nowadays, being quite athletic, having power is enough to get to top 5-10

Sergei vs Jones isn't the fight that the 'die hard fans' want to see, it's a fight the die hard jones haters want to see. This is Alex Pereria all over again just at HW. In fact that's an insult to Alex, because Alex really is a marvel at Muay Thai. Sergei is just another explosive youngish HW.

<Fedor23>

We've been here before. In the ridiculously and historically talent-thin HW division it never took much for a decent puncher with heavy hands to rise to the top fairly quickly. I remember when Shane Carwin was doing the same, I remember when Junior Dos Santos was doing the same. Hell if you go back far enough there was a time when motherfucking Todd Duffee was doing the same. That's just the nature of the division.

<{titihmm}>

Now this isn't to say that Sergei is bad, he's just nothing revolutionary. His hand-speed is above average, his footwork is meh, and his chin aint all that. Now in the joke that is the HW division, all of that is more than enough to rise to the top. But lets not pretend that this is some new boogeyman challenge that Jon or even Cyril Gane hasn't seen before.
1242236350.0.jpg

There is a reason that Pav fans don't want him to fight Gane and it isn't the reason they are telling you.
<BC1>

LOL!!! Us Sergei fans don’t fucking FEAR Gane at all :D Lol You kidding me?!

We just don’t think a guy that just got out wrestled and beat by ngannou and EMBARRASSED by jones should be in a title elimination fight. It’s not hard to comprehend…

<23>

Reactions: JKS
yeah but he's the best thing at HW right now. and there's a good chance he turns jones' lights out. he's a big athletic guy with KO power and he's fun to watch, stop hating.

I think he was just embarrassed that you called him out on his lack of knowledge in putting Alex in his proper sport.

Lol the guy whos ass your kissing didn't even like your post!

And it's pretty rich to see a RFK fanboy talk about lack of knowledge.

None of these were kod out cold with one punch the way Ngannou, and Carwin ko'd people.
Who cares? Dead men regardless. Call the morgue.

LOL yeah I'm sure die hard fans want to see a fight between Jones and a 41 year old semi retired Stipe.

7Oi4t9X.gif

Yes, because even JJ is old and almost retired.

The script "feed the Goat to the new breed until he loses" is old as fuck

Lol the guy whos ass your kissing didn't even like your post!

And it's pretty rich to see a RFK fanboy talk about lack of knowledge.
Ok... so I had to go back to refresh my memory and the only thing I noticed was how concerned you're about other people "liking" their post.
Searching for validation (especially in people you dont even know) is a terrible way to live life.
And RFK fanboy?? Lol I mentioned ONCE that I'd like to hear more from him and about him but the coward vegetable refuses to debate anyone.

I can't speak for everyone, but I would hope that most people just want to see Jon fight before it's all over. I wanna see how good he really is. I want to see competition, not just one miracle blow-out.

I'm not discrediting the Gane win. It was amazing. I wanna see more. Fight Pav, Sergei, Stipe, Ngannou. Let's fucking GO! Right?

The only counter argument is the hype market machine who sees less as more, and believe by demonstrating one major blow-out, the imagination can provide all the rest. They're probably right. Fighting more will present more risks.

I'm not trying to market Jones's legacy though. I wanna see some fights. So, that's that. And, again, let's GO!

I remember when Shane Carwin was doing the same, I remember when Junior Dos Santos was doing the same. Hell if you go back far enough there was a time when motherfucking Todd Duffee was doing the same.

I agree Sergei is nothing new, but to say hes nothing special and then bring up JDS and Carwin as comparisons, so those two were nothing special either? one is arguably a top 5 all time head to head HW and the other is one of the biggest punchers in HW history.

The Duffee comparison is a serious reach too. Duffee beat nobody and lost to bums.

Sure, but he is not Ngannou level based on his current feats. I'm not sure if he is better than even Carwin. Carwin had more power but less reach. Prime JDS was faster than both and very well could more power than Sergei.
Cain didnt have Ngannou level power either. Was he nothing special?

Die hard fans probably realise that Jones is in the twilight of his career and taking legacy fights. Stipe isn't in his prime but his resume shits all over Sergei's and that what will bring eyes to the fight. Business wise, from Jones and Stipe's perspective it makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is how quickly you yahoos jump from one hype train to another before sliding off into the void when they crash an burn.

@jaberwock555 Look at that, I was right.

Lol all the bragging after Pav loses "ha! told you he sucks!" and saying he couldn't beat Jones based off how Aspinall performed against him, forgetting that Jones has pillow hands and could never replicate what Aspinall did.<Lmaoo>

Lol all the bragging after Pav loses "ha! told you he sucks!" and saying he couldn't beat Jones based off how Aspinall performed against him, forgetting that Jones has pillow hands and could never replicate what Aspinall did.<Lmaoo>
Jones has beat plenty dangerous strikers while having pillowhands you fucking casual.

Jones has beat plenty dangerous strikers while having pillowhands you fucking casual.

Jones has 2 minutes of cage time as a heavyweight in the last 4 years but I suppose you're predicting that at age 36 (37 when he returns) that he's capable of beating all the current heavyweights in any way he likes just because he manhandled Gane lol.

Jones has 2 minutes of cage time as a heavyweight in the last 4 years but I suppose you're predicting that at age 36 (37 when he returns) that he's capable of beating all the current heavyweights in any way he likes just because he manhandled Gane lol.

I love how you jabronis have to just make up shit I never said because you can't disagree with the facts.

JONES HAS BEATEN PLENTY OF DANGEROUS STRIKERS WHILE HAVING PILLOWHANDS

I'll have @Davidjacksonjones send it to you in writing if you need.

Fuckin deal with it.

Back