Economy Social Security to become unable to pay full benefits sooner than previously estimated

Don't worry. The govt will make the money printer go "brrrrrrrrr" some more, and everyone will celebrate at this brilliant plan to solve all money problems! Go govt and free money! Yay!

its a great program, but its a pyrmaid scheme. Imagine paying into it your whole working life and when its time to collect your money back they say sorry, were out. Id hate to be the president on shift when that time comes.
In theory it's supposed to be a sort of inter-generational covenant. Your parents paid for their parents retirement, you're paying for theirs. Problem is that a multitude of factors, and I'm just going to assume horrific management, mean everyone else is gonna be fucked.

Can't wait to see the real homeless crisis in the coming decades.

Ah yes, you’ve posted that before. It is despicable. I was thinking more that the current set of government employees are not expendable or unnecessary.

And firefighters and police are needed, but they are killing the taxpayer in some instances

It’s not always what you think….. I work a 24 hour shift and MOST nights I’m up a lot. For example last shift I ran 7 calls after midnight. That’s basically a call an hour and assume (if all are typical medical) it’s a minimum of 30 minutes per call. If it’s a fire it’s 2-4 hours including restoring the rig back to response ready. I’m not even at a super busy station (approx 2400 calls a year)

Guys make it sound like we are tucked in sleeping like babies all night but it’s just not true. Then I get home after my maybe 1 hour of sleep and I spend my day off sleeping.

Fire and PD are selfless jobs that require you to drop everything at the sound of a bell and go help a stranger that needs you. Regardless if it’s saving a baby in burning building or cutting an entrapped person from a crashed car, or helping a old lady get up off the floor when she fell on her way to the bathroom at 4am

They should lift the cap on medicare. Rich folks pay the same amount as someone making a little over 100k a year.

I said this in 08 or 09. You need to start adding a week or two age wiser to qualify. Every year. The wage is too low and people love too long for it to be sustainable

Hot take: should buy less guns for terrorists...

So Boomers will basically be the last generation of Americans that can retire en masse. What a disastrous generation of people they’ve been for this country (and yes, this is all their fault). So many people under 50 in this country can’t afford a home much less having two kids and a owning a home and now to make matters worse they won’t even be able to retire. We’re so fucked as a country

I suppose one would hope government officials would cover the costs of existing government programs such as Medicare and Social Security. Instead many want to create new spending.

So Boomers will basically be the last generation of Americans that can retire en masse. What a disastrous generation of people they’ve been for this country (and yes, this is all their fault). So many people under 50 in this country can’t afford a home much less having two kids and a owning a home and now to make matters worse they won’t even be able to retire. We’re so fucked as a country
They lived longer and had fewer kids.....

When does the money from Trumps executive order on payroll tax deferment come due?

They lived longer and had fewer kids.....

And ate a lot less avocado toast. But anyway, I hate to sound like a heater but it just irks that these types have had their fun and siphoned off bucketloads of wealth and yet still insist on holding onto the wheels of power to everyone else’s detriment. Hoarding wealth. Hoarding real estate. Hanging on for dear life to jobs that should be going to people who are younger, more virile, and looking to move into the stage in their lives marked by financial independence and family formation.

Every generation has played its role in where were at today. Imagine what our kids are going to say about us in the future if they're sniveling little shits with no respect for their parents and no perspective on history.

We could solve this problem with a glock and few pallets of 9mm. The boomers have fucked the earth and all the future generations. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we got rid of that selfish narcissistic bunch of assholes

I said this in 08 or 09. You need to start adding a week or two age wiser to qualify. Every year. The wage is too low and people love too long for it to be sustainable

Literally pointed all of this out at the dawn of COVID.

Let it run its course on em. Boomer remover

300px-Francisco_de_Goya%2C_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_%281819-1823%29.jpg

Either let them consume us or we consume them.

Every generation has played its role in where were at today. Imagine what our kids are going to say about us in the future if they're sniveling little shits with no respect for their parents and no perspective on history.

I respectfully disagree. The average age of the members of the House of Reps is 58. The Senate averages out at over 64 years of age (source: https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R46705)

And that’s not even including the movers and shakers in the private sector who also heavily skew Boomer (57+ years of age). Gen-Xers and millennials have only just recently started to get a toe hold but we’re still ways away from having control of how this country, the world, is governed and by extension our collective future. In short: it ain’t our fault. Not yet.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. The average age of the members of Congress is 58. The house averages out at over 64 years of age (source: https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R46705)

And that’s not even including the movers and shakers in the private sector who also heavily skew Boomer (57+ years of age). Gen-Xers and millennials have only just recently started to get a toe hold but we’re still ways away from having control of how this country, the world, is governed and by extension our collective future. In short: it ain’t our fault. Not yet.

The housing crisis, off shoring of jobs, breakup of unions, unlimited quantitative easing, furthering the credit system, patriot act etc. All boomers

The great generation was from the depression, family’s living in the same households, fought wars, ensured paying jobs when they came home to raise a bunch of assholes

Literally pointed all of this out at the dawn of COVID.

Let it run its course on em. Boomer remover

300px-Francisco_de_Goya%2C_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_%281819-1823%29.jpg

Either let them consume us or we consume them.
That’s kinda awful. I said raise the age you said let em die

Yep. Kids mostly sick now. We’re already on track to raising an entire society of awful people

Back