Opinion Solution to slavery reparations in America?

He'll I did one of those DNA test and it said I was 9% North African. Can I receive 9k?

Let it all out Gene. This is how the healing gets done brother!

Healing would not be the end result of just dropping $100,000 bags of taxpayer's money into the laps of people that are "black".
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that is the standard for who receives a payout under the plan you are proposing.

Because, as you must know, there will be plenty of people claiming they are a certain percentage "black".
We've already seen examples of people altering there appearance and persona in order to gain favor for positions.

In addition, all of "our" tax payer money you are suggesting we just hand out would only benefit one group.
Where do you draw that line on who get's paid?

What age range receives it?
Heads of household only? Essentially 1 payment per family?

If you say the age cutoff is 18 years old, then you'll have 13-to-17 year old kids rioting in the streets, lamenting how they got screwed by not receiving the payment and how slavery from a long time ago has caused damage to them.

The next generation will then spend their entire lives talking about how they got screwed.

Considering the makeup of this country is comprised of people of European descent, Asian, Latino, Native American, etc. All of us who had nothing to do with slavery are supposed to pool our resources just so a small segment of "blacks" (I'll leave it to you to define that) can receive a one-time payment at the expense of everyone else?

You're proposal has a major flaw in it. One that is a root cause of why so many American's are in debt to begin with.
The idea that if you have a little bit of debt then taking on more debt is no big deal.

This is why so many people dig holes for themselves that they will never crawl out of. And you begin your post by attempting to shore up your arguement using this same flaw in thinking.

Debt; as its own separate rabbit hole leads me to wonder why people voluntarily take on so much of it and place themselves into a state of indentured servitude. Often for life.

My proposed solution is free public college, trade schools, a livable minumum wage and universal health care.

For everybody.

I have always felt that trade school would be a step in the right direction. Funding that would benefit many people that chose to take advantage of that sort of program.
Yea like what about all the native americans and mexicans screwed over by America.
Perhaps the OP only cares about "black" people.
After all, there are only so many of those $100,000 bags of money to go around. He has to ensure sure the right people get those.

Last edited:
Community and education investments.

A nationwide black police officer hiring campaign. Good paying jobs that benefit the community, make black people more comfortable with police, and good neighborhood role models for kids.

Plus a Black He-Man remake.

<JackieThumbsUp>
They have afro samurai

Most people will blow that money on useless shit. It's essentially like how people lose all their money after winning the lottery. Unless you give them the money and specifically tell them what they can and can not buy, then you'll probably looking at another "Reparations Stimulus" in the near future.

How about fuck no.

Why should all non-blacks pay for this? None of my white ancestors were even in this country when slavery was going on.

Hispanics and Asians need to pay up as well?

I am for investing in poor communities regardless of race however, by providing programs for children and such. That will get you better results.

How you gonna keep the carrot on the stick that way?

OK all blacks regardless of slavery? Lol that's ludicrous but say that's the case...

How do you define black ?. Going to have the little squares of different shades of colour and hold it up next to them? Like paint stores ?

" Sorry sir you're two shades to light to qualify " <Lmaoo>

Marvel is making vikings black. Really going for it there.
There is a Vikings spinoff TV show in development right now that has the last Pagan King of Norway Haakon Sigurdsson being played by a black women. You can't make this shit up.

fe-933136.jpg

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...ntures-of-sabrina-walking-dead-stars-and-more

Sherfront out for this thread.

<mma4>

It wasn't done by anyone alive today to anyone alive today. It's a part of history and can't be changed or fixed.

Who pays for it? Everyone? Not everyone's ancestors owned slaves. Many were against it.

Why is THIS the generation that gets paid?
There will be a lot of people that will position themselves around the black community if these payments happened, as that money will find its way into their hands the same way hookers position themselves near miners etc to get their money. They will be preyed upon and peniless again.
The ones that would keep the money are probably the same ones that support themselves now and do not rely on handouts.
This is like another attempt by liberals to keep blacks on the hook and reliant on them.

Just my 2 cents

You can't give reparations for slavery if no one alive was ever a slave.

The problem isn't solvable until people learn to move the fuck on, but then the Democrats would lose most of its base.

Reactions: JSN
Back