International South Africa: Kill the whites!

That is the problem of the interpreter, not the singer. Like I said, this very thread is titled to garner a sensational reaction. "KiLl ThE wHiTeS!!"

Once upon a time Dee Snider made this case in front of Congress:

This is not very different than what Malema did in Court

When the song calls for the listener to "kill the farmer", do you think they mean any farmers including black ones or specifically Afrikaner farmers?

They do if you feel "white people" is synonymous with "apartheid power structures."

Citing the actual court case = trolling. Lolz

You are an unserious cat.

So what do you tell to all those white farmers that have been killed over the last decade? Sorry, I mean the "apartheid power structures" that were brutally slaughtered over the last decade.

When the song calls for the listener to "kill the farmer", do you think they mean any farmers including black ones or specifically Afrikaner farmers?

I like how you seem to be insinuating that South Africans, in the Country where Apartheid happened, where the song was written, where this Court case happened, are somehow incapable of distinguishing the context of the song.

I've listened to Cop Killer a whole bunch of times, never killed a Cop.

I like how you seem to be insinuating that South Africans, in the Country where Apartheid happened, where the song was written, where this Court case happened, are somehow incapable of distinguishing the context of the song.

Who brought the EFF to court over this song? Was it not South Africans? And once again, when the song calls for the listener to "kill the farmer" do you think they mean any farmers including black ones or specifically Afrikaner farmers?

So what do you tell to all those white farmers that have been killed over the last decade? Sorry, I mean the "apartheid power structures" that were brutally slaughtered over the last decade.

Blaming the persisting racial tensions and economic tensions and conflicts of a former apartheid State on the singing of a song is dumb.

"Unsubstantiated claims that such attacks on farmers disproportionately target whites are a key element of the white genocide conspiracy theory and have become a common talking point among white nationalists worldwide.[13] However, there are no reliable figures that suggest that white farmers are being targeted in particular or that they are at a disproportionate risk of being killed.[18] The Government of South Africa and other analysts maintain that farm attacks are part of a broader crime problem in South Africa and do not have a racial motivation"

"The South African government believes the chief motive for attacks is robbery.[19][36] This position was shared by Afrikaner rights group Afriforum in a 2017 interview, where they stated that they do not believe that there is a racial motive associated with all attacks.[3]"

http://www.702.co.za/articles/278024/more-black-farm-workers-are-killed-than-white-farm-workers

This whole "white genocide" viewpoint is just plain bullsh*t

Who brought the EFF to court over this song? Was it not South Africans? And once again, when the song calls for the listener to "kill the farmer" do you think they mean any farmers including black ones or specifically Afrikaner farmers?

Afrikaners brought the suits. And as per the link above, more black farm workers have been killed than white ones.

Afrikaners brought the suits.
So in other words, yes fellow South Africans brought the suit. How come they don't understand the context?
And as per the link above, more black farm workers have been killed than white ones.
That doesn't answer the question though; in the song when the lyrics say "kill the farmer" do you think is this in reference to any and all farmers including black ones or just Afrikaner ones?

So in other words, yes fellow South Africans brought the suit. How come they don't understand the context?

That doesn't answer the question though; in the song when the lyrics say "kill the farmer" do you think is this in reference to any and all farmers including black ones or just Afrikaner ones?

Because, as demonstrated by Dee Snider's testimony, a lyric can be stated out of context for a political agenda. You've been given the context of this song, repeatedly. You are now arguing validation of the imagination of those offended by it.

The song says kill the Boer, in a specific context of the apartheid regime. You're simplifying it to make your point. The opposition's contention is the song is inciting violence against white farmers specifically, I just gave you evidence that that's not happening and you're saying that doesnt answer your question on how people are interpreting it.

It does, no one seems to be specifically targeting white farmers because of the song.

The point you're trying to obfuscate here is that settler-colonialism is a unique kind of conquest, mostly done in the modern era by European colonial powers, that creates unique social problems in those societies.

Saying "Everyone does bad things" is a deflection.

It's not a deflection it's a disagreement. I don't think what the European colonies did is all that unique they just came along and had their turn when tech had changed and made it possible to do on a much grander scale. Also the times and the way we view things changed and so the Europeans were the last group to play that empire game

I also don't think it created unique problems it's just that other conquests happened at a point in history outside of living memories where as this stuff just happened so we get to see the after effects play out before our eyes.

Because, as demonstrated by Dee Snider's testimony, a lyric can be stated out of context for a political agenda. You've been given the context of this song, repeatedly. You are now arguing validation of the imagination of those offended by it.
So in other words, even within South Africa the singing of the song is interpreted as having a subtext of ethnic animosity and whether or not it constitutes incitement to violence is still to be decided by the highest court.
The song says kill the Boer, in a specific context of the apartheid regime. You're simplifying it to make your point. The opposition's contention is the song is inciting violence against white farmers specifically, I just gave you evidence that that's not happening and you're saying that doesnt answer your question on how people are interpreting it.

It does, no one seems to be specifically targeting white farmers because of the song.
It doesn't answer the question though. Within the context of the song when the listener is called to "kill the farmer" is this in reference to all farmers or just Afrikaner ones?
It's not a deflection it's a disagreement. I don't think what the European colonies did is all that unique they just came along and had their turn when tech had changed and made it possible to do on a much grander scale. Also the times and the way we view things changed and so the Europeans were the last group to play that empire game

I also don't think it created unique problems it's just that other conquests happened at a point in history outside of living memories where as this stuff just happened so we get to see the after effects play out before our eyes.
It is a deflection though. I'm pointing out that settler-colonialism is a specific phenomenon with specific consequences and you're saying we shouldn't notice that because all people did bad things at one point or another.

Blaming the persisting racial tensions and economic tensions and conflicts of a former apartheid State on the singing of a song is dumb.

"Unsubstantiated claims that such attacks on farmers disproportionately target whites are a key element of the white genocide conspiracy theory and have become a common talking point among white nationalists worldwide.[13] However, there are no reliable figures that suggest that white farmers are being targeted in particular or that they are at a disproportionate risk of being killed.[18] The Government of South Africa and other analysts maintain that farm attacks are part of a broader crime problem in South Africa and do not have a racial motivation"

"The South African government believes the chief motive for attacks is robbery.[19][36] This position was shared by Afrikaner rights group Afriforum in a 2017 interview, where they stated that they do not believe that there is a racial motive associated with all attacks.[3]"

http://www.702.co.za/articles/278024/more-black-farm-workers-are-killed-than-white-farm-workers

This whole "white genocide" viewpoint is just plain bullsh*t

Or you could just simply use your eyes and you'd easily be able to see what's going on. But I guess you're slowly turning around as you're quoting a wikipedia page that mentions a "white genocide conspiracy theory". And we've all seen the past couple of years that when something gets called a conspiracy theory it turns out to be true.

Yeah I'm sure all those dudes chanting "kill the Boer" are sophisticated scholars making a deeper point.

Considering South Africa median age is 27 years, yes most people weren't alive when Apartheid was a thing, even more can't remember the time when apartheid was a thing.

Also its not like in America were even after civil rights act happened the fact remained that blacks were a minority and the majority of whites were racist, in South Africa they are a majority, they hold all political power, so yeah, i don't think most remember the context of "kill the Boer, kill the farmer".

Its also part of the EFF to expropriate assets forcefully from whites without compensation based on grievances, Malema only refrains to call for outright violence because there are consequences for doing so.

They never mean what they say until they get in power, Castro and Chavez were strongly against communism when they weren't in power to suddenly say "well all those things i said that i said i never meant? well i actually did meant them".

Or you could just simply use your eyes and you'd easily be able to see what's going on. But I guess you're slowly turning around as you're quoting a wikipedia page that mentions a "white genocide conspiracy theory". And we've all seen the past couple of years that when something gets called a conspiracy theory it turns out to be true.

EFF is thankfully still a political minority, if the government really wanted to eliminate white farmers it would happen like in Zimbabwe.

So in other words, even within South Africa the singing of the song is interpreted as having a subtext of ethnic animosity and whether or not it constitutes incitement to violence is still to be decided by the highest court.

It doesn't answer the question though. Within the context of the song when the listener is called to "kill the farmer" is this in reference to all farmers or just Afrikaner ones?

It is a deflection though. I'm pointing out that settler-colonialism is a specific phenomenon with specific consequences and you're saying we shouldn't notice that because all people did bad things at one point or another.

I'm not saying not to notice I just don't think it's more evil or unique than anything else anyone's ever done and see it as more of the same in a long line of brutality. Man what's up with you tonight you are putting a lot of extra things I didn't think or say onto what I am saying tonight.

I'm not saying not to notice I just don't think it's more evil or unique than anything else anyone's ever done and see it as more of the same in a long line of brutality. Man what's up with you tonight you are putting a lot of extra things I didn't think or say onto what I am saying tonight.
But again its not the same, in some colonies the Europeans ethnically cleansed the natives and replaced them via settler colonialism which is not something all or even most conquerors did. Not even Europeans did do this everywhere, for instance most of the former Ottoman lands that the French and British had occupied after WWI weren't subjected to this with the exception of Palestine. In a lot of cases places were colonized to expand a sphere of influence or protect some other colony and thus the people of those places weren't cleansed the way Native Americans were.

axoAWQK_700bwp.webp

Back