*** Sterling vs. Yan Scoring MEGATHREAD ***

How Did You Score the Fight?

• Total voters
It all comes down to round 1. What were the official stats for the round?

5ZgzEy.jpg

Reactions: 7th
Aljo had his back for 7 minutes and couldn't get near doing anything significant. He just held the position and did nothing.
Round 1 was an easy Yan round cause Sterling just backed off and did nothing.

Aljo had his back for 7 minutes and couldn't get near doing anything significant. He just held the position and did nothing.
Round 1 was an easy Yan round cause Sterling just backed off and did nothing.

so you giving Yan the match because he controlled the Octagon more in RD 1? What about the fact that Sterling had more sig strikes in the first round than Yan.

There was no 10-8 round doofus, keep the rest of your ramblings to crying about politics on twitter. You sound like a 52 year old woman from Nebraska.

You sound like someone without a dad who was socialized on the internet.

Beta energy.

One thing that is important to remember is that the judges traditionally give the decision to the person holding the belt, if the fight is remotely close. If Yan had still been holding the belt, the judges would have definitely given him the nod, imo.

I was one of the few people that could sense a different fight from Aljo this time around. I wasn't totally surprised with how the fight went though I expected little better performance from Petr.

One thing that is important to remember is that the judges traditionally give the decision to the person holding the belt, if the fight is remotely close. If Yan had still been holding the belt, the judges would have definitely given him the nod, imo.

Exactly. Yan DQed himself from the first match by not knowing the rules... then he wants to win the title by a photo finish. Not gonna happen. Sterling deserved to retain the belt after all the adjustments and improvements he made.

That's not how the judging criteria works, volume trumps octagon control/aggression.
I wouldn’t waste your time picking apart the minutiae of my argument. I’m on your side in this one

Sterling won round 1 for me

Vitor Belfort literally won his championship fight by (basically) an eyepoke and never defended.

Bas Rutten sat in bottom position for the entire fight against Randleman and still won the championship somehow.

Josh Barnett won his championship and then popped for a juice cocktail right after.

Like I said, you have no knowledge of UFC history if you think Aljo is the worst champ. Recency bias my friend.

Yup and they are all more legit then him.

Exactly. Yan DQed himself from the first match by not knowing the rules... then he wants to win the title by a photo finish. Not gonna happen. Sterling deserved to retain the belt after all the adjustments and improvements he made.
Don't go putting words in my mouth there, you goof. I agree that Yan was emotional because of all the bullshit that Yan put him through with his acting, but I don't agree that Aljamain "deserved" the belt. I would have scored the fight a draw, personally. Aljamain's game-plan was very weasel-like, just like him.

48 48 draw was the correct score. Aljo retains but another fight immediately.

Wish that happened as I wanted TJ v Aldo ........ now it's TJ Aljo

Don't go putting words in my mouth there, you goof. I agree that Yan was emotional because of all the bullshit that Yan put him through with his acting, but I don't agree that Aljamain "deserved" the belt. I would have scored the fight a draw, personally. Aljamain's game-plan was very weasel-like, just like him.

I never said you said that dumbass. I was adding to it... you can disagree without name calling. Only weasel was Yan trying to get a W off that performance.

of the Aljo/Yan fight. There is no way Aljo won that round. He ran away from Yan the whole round. Most of the kicks were blocked and Yan landed a few nice significant strikes. Aljo could've been warned for stalling and not engaging. Easy round to score for Yan. 48-47 Yan since Petr won rounds 4 and 5. Very bad judging but not a surprise. This one was easier to score than the first round of GSP vs Hendricks.
so what 2,3 were 10-8's

I never said you said that dumbass. I was adding to it... you can disagree without name calling. Only weasel was Yan trying to get a W off that performance.
You implied it, at least, you fucking retard. There is no need to being name calling into your lame thread, you goof.

I really don't get the gloating from Aljo fans. It was a split D boys.
I kinda get it, him and his fans have dealt with nothing but ridicule for the past year. That being said the ones who act like it was some dominant performance are insane. I can only imagine they quit watching after the third round.

You implied it, at least, you fucking retard. There is no need to being name calling into your lame thread, you goof.

You are imagining things. It's okay... your hero and your dreams got defeated last night. I'll spare you.

Back