News Strickland vs DDP at 297; Volk vs Topuria at 298; O'Malley vs Chito at 299 (Official)

Who wins?

• Total voters
Nice they moved topuria's figth to march, It give volk five months (from now) to recover, he suffered a bad knockout last figth.

Glad Dana don't skip DDP, beating rob is really worth of a title shot.

Chito is a shit call man, merab or sandhagen should be next for the title.

Strickland outright finishes dude please. Strickland would be more challenged by Alex or Khazmat. This looks like is a contender fight if Izzy was still champion.

Got to feel for Sandhagen who just absolutely dominated Chito. Vera straight up talked his way to a title shot after barely squeaking by Pedro Munhoz. Merab deserved his shot and is just ignored which is odd.

But

I'm shocked to see DDP get his crack at a deserved title shot in a amazing match up that both men have paths to victory

I'm guessing Strickland is moving the needle a ton more than they expected and DDP is a legit opponent so it's working out in terms of numbers

Fixed the OP for you.

And good. DDP earned the shot with the win over Whittaker.
Sorta forgot Zddp beat the absolute shit out of Rob.

I don’t think Sean will get mentally broken like Rob did though. We will see. Good fight.

I like the first two fights and would have preferred Dvalishvili vs O'Malley
So the Saudis get the LW title fight and Khamzat vs Costa or Whittaker?
Because after that you have Ramadan + at least a two-month camp
So, if Makhachev and Chimaev are bot fighting in KSA, they are fighting in June in the best case

I think all the DDP cry babies will finally rest now. I think he'll beat Strickland and we see Khamzat after. Knew UFC would throw O'Malley softballs, so I'm not mad.

Official, per Dana White:

HELL F**KING YES!!!

Love all 3 of those!
OK I got it slightly wrong with Volk vs Topuria in another @BoxerMaurits thread when I said it must Volk vs Topuria in Jan. February will do!!
Strickland vs DDP is EXACTLY what I wanted!! Love it ! Both fighters deserve it, and I'm very happy to see that fight setup.

I really believe that Strickland deserved it and it's a BANGER of a fight. Chimaev can WAIT.

very happy that Strickland gets his first defense vs Du Plessis.
DUPLESSIS-v3a.jpg

Back