News Strickland vs DDP at 297; Volk vs Topuria at 298; O'Malley vs Chito at 299 (Official)

Who wins?

• Total voters
Great fights! Wow didn’t expect O’Malley vs Chito to not be on ufc 300.

nice trio of fights to look forward to!

picks: DDP tko, Volk decision, O’Malley decision

Strickland beating Izzy and DDP back-to-back would be nuts, I favor him here too.

More or less nuts than losing to Poatan and Cannonier back-to-back? If Strickland defeated either of those guys and then went on his run + DDP then you'd have something. But he faced 2 top 5 guys and lost to em both pre Izzy and now he gets someone not nearly as good on the ground as Khamzat.

He takes out DDP and then Khamzat though and yeah I'll jump aboard the train, though it may have left the station by then.

Hard fight for me to call.

I have underestimated Sean quite a bit in the past, so I am going to go with him via UD, but Dricus has the power and grappling advantage.

I think Strickland wins narrowly on points. Landing volume over DDPs power.

I'm gonna take DDP in this one.

He'll counter Sean's style with an even more awkward style and will impose his physicality on him in the grappling.

Really glad to see DDP get the title shot, definitely the most deserving at the weight class.
Was hoping Volk was going to take a little more time after the KO loss to Islam, so just hoping we see the Volk we're all used to in that fight.
Understand Chito not being the most deserving, but generally the cash cow gets to call his shots and it makes sense that he wants to try to get that one back.

All in all, 3 entertaining headliners to kick off the new year!

Got a feeling we still see Islam fight in March.
He’ll headline the Saudi Arabia fight night card (first week of March) which won’t be a PPV but the UFC will still load it up like a PPV.

Saudia arabia is a pretty big rival of the UAE, and islam has been a loyal Abu dhabi guy, so much so as being consistently welcomed and hosted by their royalty. I doubt he'd be booked to headline in Saudia Arabia unless they really want to piss off their close ties with the UAE.

HELL F**KING YES!!!

Love all 3 of those!
OK I got it slightly wrong with Volk vs Topuria in another @BoxerMaurits thread when I said it must Volk vs Topuria in Jan. February will do!!
Strickland vs DDP is EXACTLY what I wanted!! Love it ! Both fighters deserve it, and I'm very happy to see that fight setup.

I really believe that Strickland deserved it and it's a BANGER of a fight. Chimaev can WAIT.

very happy that Strickland gets his first defense vs Du Plessis.
View attachment 1010435

Why did Strickland deserve this? I get the vibe you are saying that b/c it's an easier matchup. Is that what you mean by deserve? Otherwise, wouldn't it have been DDP that deserves it? (the shot over Khamzat).

Bravo Pink Goof! The will of the fans prevails.

They're probably banking on DDP knocking off Strickland so they can do Adesanya's comeback fight vs DDP for the belt late next year.

Wonder who Khamzat fights next?

DDP is hard to stop when he gets on a roll and imposes his will. Strickland is going to have to try and hide behind the jab and avoid a firefight. I got Dricus, he handled point fighter Bobby Knuckles like it was nothing.

Topuria ( Georgia ) - Volkanovski
O'Malley - Dvalishvili ( Georgia )

From such a small country, we would have two champions for the first time in history, but the money...

Yes, remind me if I'm missing something, Dvalishvili has the longest winning streak after Islam Makhachev?! - Ah, but what does it matter, Sean O'Malley chooses who he meets, not "justice". It's okay, everything will have its time.

Back