News Strickland vs DDP at 297; Volk vs Topuria at 298; O'Malley vs Chito at 299 (Official)

Who wins?

• Total voters
PS: I really hope Dana actually confirmed with the fighters before making these announcements

Really hate it when he uses the media to "pressure" the fighters by announcing the fights before getting them to sign...

Then if they don't play along, he tells the media that "Strickland doesn't want to fight" or some shit like that.

PPS O'Malley should be fighting Aljo, or Merab.

As much as the UFC hates Canada, Pennington vs Uglyzilian shouldn't even headline a FN, is comical for a title fight and absolutely would be the worst ppv headliner of all time. So good thing Sean / DDP is happening.

Makes sense. Guess Chimaev vs Paulo will be rebooked then. Maybe on the same card (would be awesome so Dana won't do it lol)
Not possible since jihad-Chimaev is BFF with chechen dictator and war criminal Ramzan Kadyrov and can only fight in Arabic countries.
Also, I don't think his last post-fight speech where he said he wanted a gun and fight for Palestine and was willing to die for Allah did help much.

Because Volk will fight in any town and I would imagine that Islam is somewhat more picky about the location and timing.
That's why.
Volk did say that he did not think that Islam would fight on 11days notice (like Volk did) and I think there's a lot of validity to that.

That's kind of a bad point, considering how poor Volkanovski looked on 11 days' notice. Maybe don't take fights on such short notice if you're a champion?

I love how bitter people are about Makhachev not making such a quick turnaround. There's still plenty of time for Makhachev to fight at least twice in 2024. Fighting twice a year is pretty common for a champion.

If Volkanovski wants to make such an ill-advised turnaround soon after getting knocked out, that's on him. It's weird to involve Makhachev with that.

<{jackyeah}>

Fuck yeah
Whoever wins needs to tell Dana and Glasszat… Fuck Abu Dubious
You come to USA

WAR VOLK
WAR CHITO
WAR DUPLEXES AND STRICKLAND

Really dissapoint 2nd time he promised and did that to khamzat
I think it’s highly likely the next time Khamzat fights it will be for the title he is hurt right now correct? And the first time was straight up Khamzats fault all he had to do was make weight for Diaz and he was in for a TS

Then if they don't play along, he tells the media that "Strickland doesn't want to fight" or some shit like that.
Sure they can play that game with Strickland.

Strickland can also go on his podcast and talk about fighter pay. They know damn well that Strickland is a giant name who doesn't need the UFC anymore to have their voice heard. The relationship between the two is good as it is, and they will keep it that way.

Because amigo, he just dominated and HEAVILY BEAT Adesanya. -- The man who the UFC and all their cohorts were saying was one of the Greatest, maybe better than Anderson Silva (which he demonstrably is NOT).

Strickland absolutely TROUNCED golden over-hyped kid Adensaya (last 4 fights.: kinda won 1 and almost lost 3 --- was LOSING to Pereira for the 2nd time before he got lucky with a clip) and Sean now is the reigning 185lbs Champ.
Almost TKO'd Adesanya at end of Rd.1 (very close) and took a crushing victory over 5 rounds.

That is why. That is exactly why.
None of this answers his question. He asked why does Strickland deserve DDP rather than Khamzat.

We shall see. I’m excited for this fight man, both are going to push a pace and be in the other’s face the entire time.
I think it will look like Strickland is winning right up until Du Plessis knocks him into the shadow realm.

Great fight. Looking forward to it.

Call me sensitive, but how black people around him can just let him make a mockery, and stereotype blacks with blunt, liquor and duragis shameful.
They would probably get their ass beat tbh

Because amigo, he just dominated and HEAVILY BEAT Adesanya. -- The man who the UFC and all their cohorts were saying was one of the Greatest, maybe better than Anderson Silva (which he demonstrably is NOT).

Strickland absolutely TROUNCED golden over-hyped kid Adensaya (last 4 fights.: kinda won 1 and almost lost 3 --- was LOSING to Pereira for the 2nd time before he got lucky with a clip) and Sean now is the reigning 185lbs Champ.
Almost TKO'd Adesanya at end of Rd.1 (very close) and took a crushing victory over 5 rounds.

That is why. That is exactly why.

I have no idea what you mean brother. You are saying b/c he wrecked Adesanya he deserved to defend his title?

Do you mean he deserved the main-event/headline slot on a PPV? I'm so confused what you mean by deserve LOL. He HAS to defend the title; it's an obligation not an entitlement.

I'm not sure about all the Izzy and Sean stuff; you clearly have strong feelings on it and that's fine. I am just confused why you are so excited and saying Sean deserves this but you are way too excited about something else I think lol.

PS: I really hope Dana actually confirmed with the fighters before making these announcements

Really hate it when he uses the media to "pressure" the fighters by announcing the fights before getting them to sign...

PPS O'Malley should be fighting Aljo, or Merab.
Well speaking of that, lol. Vera called into Ariel's show today while O'Malley was a guest. Ariel told him he's fighting in March and Chito had no idea

Not sure who was more undeserving of a title fight, Covington or Vera.

Maybe Munhoz gets a title shot next with just one win, just so O'Malley can try avenging that one as well.

Not sure who was more undeserving of a title fight, Covington or Vera.

Maybe Munhoz gets a title shot next with just one win, just so O'Malley can try avenging that one as well.

Neither is very deserving but Colby is definitely way worse. At least Chito has wins over guys still ranked in the top 10 and hasn’t gotten a shot twice before already. And didn’t sit on the sidelines over a year twice for title shots on the strength of 1 win streak against guys on losing streaks.

Let's be honest here.
Dricus is awesome, but he win all his figths in the same way.
He starts losing, but he have a good chin and at some point his enemy made a mistake, and he capitalize it imposing his superior physicality.

His strikes are dangerous, and he have a good Wrestling skill (which becomes better due to his strength)

But he's strength's didn't match well with Sean.
"Having a good chin" inst exactly that good against Strickland style, since he dont relies a lot in knockout power, but volume and precision.
Sean have that foward pressure, but he's defense is just amazing, I dont think DDP can capitalize over a Sean's mistake, and Sean will probably OutBox him all nigth.
The only path to DDP is control him via wrestling, to be honest we dont know exactly how good Strickland wrestling is.
We have some gym rumors that say he's very good wrestling, offensive and defensive, but I never saw it personally.
But with his possible options being Khamzat and DDP I bet he must be drilling a lot of wrestling defense.

Let's see

Last edited:
Back