The Pulse: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou

Winner?

• Total voters
Fury's got some DDs. Guy's fat even for him. Doesn't have to be in shape to beat Ngannou, but Usyk will make him look slow.
I'm not sure Usyk can even get inside Fury's reach and punch all the way up that skyscraper of height. 6'2 with average reach is like punching straight up into the air, whereas Fury's shoulders are at Usyk's chin height and his punches go straight to his face and come back. I don't see how Fury Usyk is competetive, unless as you said, Fury is a completely out of shape piece of shit, which even if he's fat, he doesn't appear to be.

Well, because honestly who really gives af? Ngannou is not a highly skilled boxer, and his power looks good in MMA but there are plenty of HW boxers who hit a lot harder than Ngannou, and i'm talking guys currently active only. If we included histories greatest HW punchers like Shavers, Liston, Foreman, Frazier, Tyson, etc. Ngannou's power isn't even comparable to those guys. Fury has faced guys who hit harder than Ngannou (like Deontay Wilder 3x) and Fury's ring skills are on a whole other level than Ngannou. I expect him to basically just box Ngannou's face off and he should be able to finish him rather easily if he wants to.

I'm thinking:
- If Ngannou fights in PFL and wins comfortably, it supports the narrative that the UFC's division is way ahead of the PFL's. Downside for Dana is it keeps Francis' stock high and I don't think Dana wants him to succeed after standing up to the UFC.
- If Ngannou looks physically fine but loses or only wins a close decision, Francis' stock likely goes down. But it calls into doubt the narrative that the UFC is where the best fighters are and could make fans pay more attention to PFL - similar to when Eddie and DJ had close fights and losses in ONE, but worse because the PFL already has a bigger American presence, is in American timezones and is on ESPN, so they can really make some noise.

What do you think Dana would prefer?
Not sure why this was moved to this thread, since it was about PFL (ie mixed martial arts) and not the Fury-Ngannou boxing fight.

22% picked Frank.
That's wild to me, lol.

Fury has fought heavy, heavy hitters who also know how to ACTUALLY box.

Fight feels like a foregone conclusion.

I hope we've learned a valuable lesson here that combat sports is too goofy to predict with certainty.

Back