The Pulse: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou

Winner?

• Total voters
Wonder how many who voted for Francis will put money down on him.

This is the 2nd time in the modern era we have a UFC champ crossing over against a legitimate all-time great championship boxer.

Except this shit doesn't even have 2% of the hype that Conor vs Floyd had.

Now that we're less than a day away from the fight, how much is this really going to sell?

Predicting dozens of these passive-aggressive threads by paid shills.

Conor was arguably the biggest name in all of sport at the time. Certainly in combat sports.

Francis, while a great fighter, isn't anywhere close to Conor's level of fame or mainstream appeal. He is somewhat of a name in combat sports but the UFC didn't even value him enough to meet his demands and keep around.

Plus unlike Floyd, Fury is not semi retired and hasn't done everything in the sport yet. He still has interesting challengers that people would rather see him fight like Usyk.

What are the rules, glove size, amount of rounds, is it an exhibition, are there any belts on the line? I’m too lazy to google this shit, someone find the answers and post them here

Everyone knows it a joke
It’s not even sanctioned
Francis has zero chance of winning and Fury is taking the cash
It is, its supposedly being sanctioned by some AC over there. According to Tapology its a pro fight, and even if its officially an exhibition, or just not for the belt that Fury has, its still for the "lineal title" he has been parading around since he returned to boxing, he was introduced as such, if Ngannou somehow beats him, he will parade claiming to be the Lineal boxing (WBC i think) champion of the world, they dont need to put a belt on him, he just needs to KTFO Fury, wont happen i agree 100%, but if it does then he has legit claims to it, imo.

Last edited:
Except this shit doesn't even have 2% of the hype that Conor vs Floyd had.
MEPQUDY_o.gif

I'm thinking:
- If Ngannou fights in PFL and wins comfortably, it supports the narrative that the UFC's division is way ahead of the PFL's. Downside for Dana is it keeps Francis' stock high and I don't think Dana wants him to succeed after standing up to the UFC.
- If Ngannou looks physically fine but loses or only wins a close decision, Francis' stock likely goes down. But it calls into doubt the narrative that the UFC is where the best fighters are and could make fans pay more attention to PFL - similar to when Eddie and DJ had close fights and losses in ONE, but worse because the PFL already has a bigger American presence, is in American timezones and is on ESPN, so they can really make some noise.

What do you think Dana would prefer?

frankis isnt even the best heavyweight mma striker let alone a good boxer. You got some people saying they think gane should have gotten the decision and now frankis gets rewarded for arguably losing his last fight

I honestly don't think he really thinks about Ngannou anymore.

I hear internet chatter is way down, but the consensus is that they will chalk up teh losses as advertisement for fury's Dec. 2023 title fight.

Back