The Pulse: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou

Winner?

• Total voters
lol

Wilder has much more power than Francis. Wilder dont even need to load up to put people in the ground.

43 wins,42 by KO

He actually hit Tyson a bunch and couldnt stop Fury,but Francis is??

'A bunch?'
The question is how many where flush shots to the dome?

I won't deny Wilder has serious power, probably the hardest puncher ever for a lighter HW, but Ngannou is like a 265-pound Mike Tyson.

Its worth reposting Ngannou's KO of Rozenstruik. Five Hook/Haymakers thrown in three seconds after the first jab. One landed flush. KOed clean.
Rozenstruik had only been KOed twice in Kickboxing, in 2011 & 2012, and never in MMA before this. So don't doubt his chin.

'A bunch?'

I won't deny Wilder has serious power, probably the hardest puncher ever for a lighter HW, but Ngannou is like a 265-pound Mike Tyson.

Its worth reposting Ngannou's KO of Rozenstruik. Five Hook/Haymakers thrown in three seconds after the first jab. One landed flush. KOed clean.
Rozenstruik had only been KOed twice in Kickboxing, in 2011 & 2012, and never in MMA before this. So don't doubt his chin.

Yeah. Ngannou is going to hit considerably harder than Wilder when he lands clean. Wilder is just going to be much better at landing clean and have better timing with way better straight punches.

'A bunch?'

its not really impressive,he is lucky that he managed to win despite announcing to the world when all those punches were comingt.

20f2x4.gif

You think Fury could take that punch and beaten the count?
Stupid argument, look at the position Overeem puts himself in trying to throw retarded haymakers. Look at his body, head and foot positioning and you'll understand why that KO was so brutal. I've seen extremely brutal looking KOs outside pubs and bars usually thrown by drunks. It's not that these bums hit particularly hard, it's just easy to get spectacular KOs when people have spectacularly bad defensive habits. To be clear, Fury will never be in the position for Ngannou to cartoonishly throw an uppercut that will cartoonishly lift his head like that.

Yeah. Ngannou is going to hit considerably harder than Wilder when he lands clean. Wilder is just going to be much better at landing clean and have better timing with way better straight punches.

Let me put it this way... in any of the three Wilder/Fury fights did Wilder ever 'blitz' Fury?

I said in my first post that if Ngannou 'boxes' Fury he has no chance, and Wilder is a significantly better boxer than Ngannou could ever be.

The danger Ngannou has against Fury, against everyone, is that 1st round blitz.

I really expect Fury to embarrass Ngannou.

I just hope Fury is not taking him lightly. End of the day, they're both big strong men and you should never take any opponent lightly as things can go badly wrong in a split second, especially in the heavier weight-classes.

I'd also like to know what Fury's typical daily diet is like, the dude always has very high bodyfat. I'm going to say he eats anything he wants, it's ....unfortunate.

its not really impressive,he is lucky that he managed to win despite announcing to the world when all those punches were comingt.

'Lucky?'

Its more like Ngannou is the most terrifying 1st round blitz in the history of combat sports. Boxing, MMA, and kickboxing included.

Opponents think they're ready for it.
They're expecting it and train for it.
And they get KOed.

Fury's got some DDs. Guy's fat even for him. Doesn't have to be in shape to beat Ngannou, but Usyk will make him look slow.

'Lucky?'

Its more like Ngannou is the most terrifying 1st round blitz in the history of combat sports. Boxing, MMA, and kickboxing included.

Opponents think they're ready for it.
They're expecting it and train for it.
And they get KOed.
Yeah lucky. He's gambling heavily by coming out like that

Stupid argument, look at the position Overeem puts himself in trying to throw retarded haymakers.

No shit. I mentioned that.

But the power of the hook/uppercut cannot be denied by anyone that's not a delusional boxing fanboy.

Look at his body, head and foot positioning and you'll understand why that KO was so brutal. I've seen extremely brutal looking KOs outside pubs and bars usually thrown by drunks.

Oh don't get the BJ Penn fanboys pissed off at you.

It's not that these bums hit particularly hard, it's just easy to get spectacular KOs when people have spectacularly bad defensive habits. To be clear, Fury will never be in the position for Ngannou to cartoonishly throw an uppercut that will cartoonishly lift his head like that.

Oh I agree. But if he gets hit in the head anywhere by a power punch hitting flush, he MIGHT get up (I won't deny Fury getting up from that knockdown in the first Wilder fight wasn't impressive, then winning the rest of the round) but he won't get up from a second.

22% picked Frank.
That's wild to me, lol.

Fury has fought heavy, heavy hitters who also know how to ACTUALLY box.

Fight feels like a foregone conclusion.

Let me put it this way... in any of the three Wilder/Fury fights did Wilder ever 'blitz' Fury?

I said in my first post that if Ngannou 'boxes' Fury he has no chance, and Wilder is a significantly better boxer than Ngannou could ever be.

The danger Ngannou has against Fury, against everyone, is that 1st round blitz.

Are you referring to the way he fought Jairzinho? Because I don't recall him fighting like that in any other fight. And I think the element of surprise was part of its success.

I agree that it's his only chance, but I still consider it extremely unlikely to work. Against a boxer like Fury among everything else he is just going to dodge 1 or 2 punches and then tie up. You don't see the boxing hugging defense a whole lot in kickboxing like Jairzinho did. Nor do you really see it between strikers in MMA.

Are you referring to the way he fought Jairzinho? Because I don't recall him fighting like that in any other fight. And I think the element of surprise was part of its success.

I agree that it's his only chance, but I still consider it extremely unlikely to work. Against a boxer like Fury among everything else he is just going to dodge 1 or 2 punches and then tie up. You don't see the boxing hugging defense a whole lot in kickboxing like Jairzinho did. Nor do you really see it between strikers in MMA.

You're talking about elite counter punchers too.

Think Stipe vs Werdum.

If Francis comes blitzing he's likely taking an uppercut from a huge man who knows how to punch.

Yeah lucky. He's gambling heavily by coming out like that

Its less of a gamble when he's moving forward and his opponent is moving backward.

Ngannou isn't throwing punches with reckless abandon, and when one lands its complete luck. He trains for when one misses to throw another, and back off when his opponent is shelling up to throw counters.

In the first Stipe fight he looked for the right moment to blitz him, and even landed some damn good shots Stipe ate, but Stipe never gave him the most opportune moment to go for the full blitz.... then Stipe started landing takedowns and that was the rest of the fight.

Not saying Ngannou's blitzes are guaranteed victories, they're calculated high-risk & high-reward and practically the only chance he has to win against Fury, which means there's a high risk Ngannou will also be KOed if he doesn't KO Fury.

Ngannou is either going to box Fury, and lose. Or going to have to risk an embarrassing loss to win, and win the biggest upset in modern boxing history.

I've talked to so many people who are so confident Fury has never seen anything like Frank. Saying there has never been anyone in boxing like him, and there never will be after him. That Fury is just a fat giant. Nothing personal against Frank, but I hope he gets obliterated so that some folks wake up.

Back