The way Strickland won…

I'd favor Izzy to win a rematch. Everytime he fought moving forward he has success, but chose to be a dumbass and back himself up for 5 rounds. This was a huge tactical error

Makes you wonder how some of these MMA guys who call out boxers would do against them in MMA. If you have no grappling threat I don't fancy any of these guys winning.

Sean’s face looks fresh, while Izzy’s is battered. It really was a domination. I’ve must have entered another timeline or something. Lol. This rules. I had my money on Izzy, but I’m not even mad. Strickland winning this the way he did is comedic gold!

Exactly. Clean simple boxing seems the way to success against izzy. Izzy never looks confident leading with his hands. Thats why he won't really throw unless it's a wide open counter. Bc the opponent is stuck out of position with an open defense. When he leads with lunching against someone who's not off balance or out position with their guard in place he doesn't get through well. At least what I've noticed

You also have to take away his leg kicking game.

Jan beat him at it with powerful checks and his usual shin to shin shit.
Alex beat him at it in both fights(before getting KOd in the second fight).
And tonight, Sean checked and avoided almost every leg kick Izzy threw.

You also have to take away his leg kicking game.

Jan beat him at it with powerful checks and his usual shin to shin shit.
Alex beat him at it in both fights(before getting KOd in the second fight).
And tonight, Sean checked and avoided almost every leg kick Izzy threw.
That too! Good point I forget he fought Jan sometimes and and your right Jan checked every kicked and kept the hands simple and clean. Strickland did it even better though. It's insane how his W really is. Not only did he completely outstrike Izzy he did it while taking basically 0 damage.

As soon as Sean started pressuring Izzy against the corner I started getting a bad feeling. When Alex did it to him in the 5th rd. of their 1st fight the pressure had caught up and he got clipped and TKOed. This time obviously the fight had just started but immediately it felt like a cat vs a mouse. I also felt that Sean would be move privy to the Izzy counterstrike he did against Alex in their 2nd fight. It felt different. :confused:

When Sean finally hit him it was really hard and he was seconds away from a stoppage. It seemed in the 2nd rd. Izzy was more aggressive and Sean settled a bit but the whole rest of the fight was the same as the 1st: Sean (the cat) chasing Izzy (the mouse) around the Octagon for five minutes. Constant chase, constant pressure. Sean's defense was incredibly on target; Izzy was countering all he could but hardly any of it hit Sean effectively. Izzy looked lost what to do and his face almost looked as worst as it did vs Kelvin. Sean on the other hand had no marks. :eek:

Izzy was panicking in the corner with his plan and rhythm being constantly stifled. It seems that near stoppage did mess him up and he wasn't the same the rest of the fight. I thought he would boldly go forward to try a KO or something smarter to counter him in when Sean got close. He became more lost and his confidence gone each round. I'm real shocked by Izzy's failure and Sean success. I'm very happy for Sean and and can relate to his underdog story; I think we all can a bit. Still, my mind is blown from the whole thing. :)

Last edited:
Makes you wonder how some of these MMA guys who call out boxers would do against them in MMA. If you have no grappling threat I don't fancy any of these guys winning.

It doesn't make me wonder at all. MMA guys wreck boxers in MMA. Sean Strickland would take down any boxer he faced with ease.

Still feels surreal.. was telling myself if Izzy can't finish Sean in this fight.. Izzy would be mocked by thr whole town

But holy shit it was a one sided loss and nearly getting finished in the first round

I am eating my crow. Doesn’t matter that I still think that few fighters would make Strickland look ordinary because he is limited, but he just schooled Izzy and that is a fact which cannot be denied. Was Izzy guilty for a lot of his failure? For sure, but Sean did his part perfectly.

Congratulations to him, must be a crazy feeling.

Strickland was on Izzy like white on rice, when he caught him in Round 1 --

savage controlled fury.

Most disciplined fight performance maybe ever. Flawless execution.
Well, those last 20 seconds when he started screaming at Izzy and walking forward with his hands down were pretty scary.

Where was bareman at in his corner? Always running his verbose ass mouth trashing other fighters. Where was his advice when it mattered?

Izzy relies on people getting over aggressive. When Sean was defensively sound and moving forward the whole time Izzy was lost. Sean picked his shots incredibly well
Yep and Izzy doesn't have the power or the wrestling to stop Sean's advance. He isn't winning a rematch unless he adopts something completely different.

Back