Rewatch Till vs Du Plesis was a banger

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
One of those fights i can't help but remember from last year
DP seemed to have an adrenaline dump or something and Till really turned it on him in the second stanza. But then DP found his wind again and finished him. The fight had a serious Rocky vibe to it. I really felt Till was gonna get it done

But Du Plessis is so darnn good. Really the new breed of MW. Still I don't want Karen to go anywhere. There's something very endearing and entertaining about him. I feel his life has been in a bit of a spiral since the Woodley fight. Still I don't want to see the last of him. He's very unpredictable and interesting

Was really good fight and one you could almost forget about

To each their own. Maybe I'm not being very objective about it. But for me the fight was very memorable. Crazy momentum shifts and high points for both fighters.

DDP will fight for gold but I hope they keep Darren

Till's losses really have not aged badly at all. Razor close loss to Whittaker that MMA media was 50/50 on who won, Du Plessis who just broke Whittaker down and finished him. And Brunson, who has a habit of derailing up and comers and he was injured in that fight anyway.

The fight in on YouTube. I remember it for showing how awful Till's takedown defense is. Du Plessis is so gassed but still had 100% takedown accuracy.

I don't know how to timestamp but look at 9:30. Till literally turns into the takedown and completes it for Du Plessis. All that "training" with Khamzat and you couldn't tell at all.

Till is done. Now he's saucing up outside the UFC in an attempt to come back

People who don't think DDP should be the favorite against Izzy should watch the fight. Darren Till's striking is on par with Izzy's and he has better grappling.

Till's losses really have not aged badly at all. Razor close loss to Whittaker that MMA media was 50/50 on who won, Du Plessis who just broke Whittaker down and finished him. And Brunson, who has a habit of derailing up and comers and he was injured in that fight anyway.

I agree with you regarding the Whittaker fight. But the Brunson one was terrible. The Masvidal one was bad, as was the Brunson. He was the last win for T-Wood too. Who's final few fights were equally bad.

His skid was bad and he absolutely needed to step away.

But yeah, the DDP fight was a banger

Till is done. I would get a complete new team of coaches and a sports psychologist if I were serious about this fighting thing.

The fight in on YouTube. I remember it for showing how awful Till's takedown defense is. Du Plessis is so gassed but still had 100% takedown accuracy.

I don't know how to timestamp but look at 9:30. Till literally turns into the takedown and completes it for Du Plessis. All that "training" with Khamzat and you couldn't tell at all.

Till is done. Now he's saucing up outside the UFC in an attempt to come back

Thanks. Missed this fight. Gonna watch it later.

To each their own. Maybe I'm not being very objective about it. But for me the fight was very memorable. Crazy momentum shifts and high points for both fighters.

DDP will fight for gold but I hope they keep Darren
He's already cut in my mind.

People who don't think DDP should be the favorite against Izzy should watch the fight. Darren Till's striking is on par with Izzy's and he has better grappling.

..his striking is on par with Izzy's?

Hilarious how Dana dumps his clip (ejaculates) any time he hears a fighter speak with an accent from the British Isles...
Gets his marketing team to dress this person up as they next great fighter...

Then when they don't become the next Conor McGregor
<31>

people really dont understand what not being able to breath out of your nose looks or feels like? of course you are going to "look tired" you dont finish mfs like thast when you are ACTUALLY tired. i woulda bought it as an excuse but after seeing him vs rob i think hes telling the truth.

good post tho cuz that fight was amazing

Two major things I remember about that fight:

1. Till being smashed in the face with dozen of punches without any reaction and still making the thumbs up to the referee like sayin "I'm cool Ref, just another day at the office"
2. Till takedown himself into DPP's arms..like wtf man

Till came up short in big fights but kept is super competitive. Not all Ls are the same. Also I think his knees give out, vs DDP and Brunson and he just can't get back up again on the ground

Hmmmm, the Brunson loss aged badly. And it's also the way he's been losing. Like he isn't prepared.

On par with Izzy's? Are you out of your fucking mind?

Back