Tony Ferguson expresses frustrations about not getting title-shot during 12 fight win streak.

That is so fucked up he never got a real chance to fight for belt and Conor has lot to do with him as much as Conor gave to mma there were lots of negative side effects of his success.

I will say it again. Tony record is padded as fuck with journeymen like pettis, cowboy and lee. I dont care if pettis was a champion, he wasnt one when tony beat him, lee has 1 round in him and almost finished tony too and idc how many wins cowboy has he is an easy fight for anyone thats why any and everyone calls him out for a fight to build their name

he is over rated with a padded record. With names like kevin lee, cowboy and pettis all of whom are journeyman and everyone acting like they wee killers
Ah, the good old “everyone sucks” argument. A favorite of retarded haters everywhere

Conor - Wins 1 round vs. Khabib

Sherdog -

iu

It's 8.18am here in the UK. I've been in work 18 minutes.

It's gonna be a weird day.

Tony was responsible for at least SOME of the stuff that prevented him from ever challenging for an actual championship.

Not fighting Max
Indoor Stevie Wonder impersonations
Taking the fight with Justin
Double bubble weight cuts

Would anyone care to argue that point?

As an adult you look at the decisions you make and you embrace them good or bad, learn from them and move forward.

Last edited:
I do think his record is a slightly padded with wins over
- Kikuno who went 1-3 in the UFC
- Rio who went 1-3 in the UFC
- Lando
- and the ghosts of both Pettis and Cowboy (I'm still fuming about him turning down Holloway and the interim title to fight Pettis)

Everyone talks about his 12 fight win streak and acts like he went through murderer's row which isn't the case.

I'm not disagreeing with some of that but those 2 names were the first 2 on the streak after he'd lost to MJ and was a few fights off of TUF.

Lando was a short notice replacement, yeah not a notable name on the streak but he stepped in last minute.

Sorry If it's not clear, Im not saying Pettis and Cowboy were in their prime in those fights, they weren't but my point was more when the original guy said they were always journeyman and never killers, couldn't be more wrong IMO.

should have just fought max. it was a very bad career decision to let porier have that fight, interim title, and match with khabib.
He made several mistakes, he also should have waited instead of fighting Gaethje.

Love a bit of Tony. Game is going to be more boring when he's gone.

I think he'll go down as one of the greatest fighters to never win the belt. (I'm not buying the INTERIM TITLE) as the real belt.

Tony is a good fighter with alot of heart but in reality his 12 fight win streak was padded to the maximum. Never fought a top 3 ranked guy other than an RDA coming off a KO loss and never fought anyone with decent boxing until he got exposed by Justin on short notice.

While Khabib was the undisputed defending champ before he retired.

Tony's biggest credential was winning the interim title...against Kevin Lee.

Reactions: 2EZ
Alright we heard you, now go back to the washroom where you belong. Khabib wants to poop and his favourite toilet is missing.
I never mentioned khabib once, it seems tony weirdo fan boys cant handle the truth like tony himself

The way I see it, Khabib's the one who lost the most. A win over Tony when he was on that streak would have really legitimized his record.

I think that was a pretty big mistake on both parts. Tony and the UFC but you gotta give him props for saving that card and taking the Gaethje fight. It was a really good fight.

To be fair he did get a title shot, he just failed to make it to the fight

I hope he beats Alovera and at least gets to fight for a championship. Knowing the UFC though they'll probably match chandler up against someone (maybe Gaethje) and then have them fight conor or dustin, assuming beebs doesn't come back. Dana really doesn't like Tony for some reason.

Fair points. I view him as a busy, game, busy fighter who was never elite. But yeah, calling him a journeyman might not be quite right either.

Who do you regard as elite in the division?

Tony should win this fight imo

After watching a couple of tony Ferguson interviews im convinced this man is literally out of his right mind. Another point i think he lost something in that gaethje fight that he may never be able to get back. Always a fan of watching his fights and I'm sure he will continue to do so but he's not playing with a full deck

Pettis was a UFC champion, clearly you don't know what "journeyman" means <Lmaoo>.

Context is everything. Yes Pettis was a WEC and UFC LW champ. But Tony didn't fight that Pettis.

Tony fought the Pettis who had lost 5 of his last 8 bouts since he dropped the title to RDA. Its apples and oranges.

Pettis was a UFC champion, clearly you don't know what "journeyman" means <Lmaoo>.

He's a classic example of someone understating fighters because of where they are now.

Pettis was a champ and at one point considered top 5 P4P..

Cowboy fought for the title and was in the top 10 of LW and WW for almost 5 years.

Kevin Lee at the time was dominating everyone.

Good response

Back