Social Trans Vs Non-Trans: Lines Are Drawn In Washington

cant believe it is 2021 and people are still stuck in the 1980's. thus is like gay marriage of 20 years ago. in a few years we will all be embarrassed that we denied people the choice of gender identity
Funny, just the other day I was talking with my friend's gay daughter who just came out.
She was complaining that her history teacher/ books don't teach discrimination against homosexuality. Teacher told her they're simply not populous enough to merit the space in the course.

I didn't think that was unreasonable. I told her there's too much to cover as it is.

Then turned to my buddy and said, "Do you remember gay marriage being a culture wars wedge issue?"

OpBEI5v.gif

@Zer
@Sakurabaism
@ToxicShocker

<21>

Jesus fuck he's talking about it like they're fucking Communists. He's in a fight against the rainbow army Cold War style.

{<jordan}

Oh, Wait.
The "Lavender Scare" was a moral panic during the mid-20th century about gay people in the United States government and their mass dismissal from government service. It contributed to and paralleled the anti-communist campaign known as McCarthyism and the Second Red Scare; gay men and lesbians were said to be national security risks and communist sympathizers, which led to the call to remove them from state employment.

The Lavender Scare – the federal government's official response to both a visible lesbian and gay community and a perceived homosexual menace – normalized persecution of homosexuals through bureaucratic institutionalization of homophobic discrimination policy. In 1953, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed Executive Order 10450, which set security standards for federal employment and barred homosexuals from working in the federal government.

The restrictions set in place were cause for hundreds of gay people to be forcibly outed and fired from the State Department. With a stroke of a pen, President Eisenhower expanded the federal government's anti-homosexual policies and procedures to include every department and agency and every private corporation with a government contract – affecting the job security of more than six million workers and armed forces personnel.[1][2][3]

Last edited:
Here is the "showdown":

Anyone else find this stunt a little too on the nose? This all happened in the same day. This is not natural. This is a dramatic production. Why the fuck is anyone filming this shit?

All that's missing is "Annnd, cut! Good job everyone!"

Seriously, I don't care what side you're on. You have to recognize the manufactured conflict here.

What's the flag that was placed?

If the American psychological Association thinks it's in the best interest of the child to undergo treatment then I'll take their advice.
Unlike some of you fuckwits who withhold treatment based on your feelings.

It would be easier to support that position if they used any actual science to come to that conclusion.

This group is telling people that it isn't a mental issue to think you were born in the wrong biological body and the obvious answer is to change biology.

Just a thought but if sex is irrelevant and gender is invisible and innate, why do they even need a sex change? What are they transitioning to?
You’re thinking too much... it helps if you don’t do that.

I’ve been saying this since 2011 when this shit started spreading on tumblr etc.

A lot of people don't realize how much Tumblr is responsible for spreading this stuff. Along with other weirdness like everyone diagnosing themselves with a mental disorder and pronouns in bios.

I wasn't on Tumblr itself much, but I'm very active on writing sites and various fandom sites that are mostly populated by former Tumblr users and those like him. Saying I feel like the odd one out personality-wise there is an understatement haha.

Yes they do. Was anyone arguing they were a figment of the imagination? A mass societal hallucination? Everyone is well aware they exist. Is it your suggestion that we need to rearrange society to give them pride of place within the American social fabric?

As far as the two congress women the one started it with the trans flag in an admitted dig at the other. So the other put up her own "flag".

By and large, the intersex community doesn’t want to be included under the trans umbrella. Sexual deviations aside, the problem lies with self-identification. The words men and women refer to biology, not internal psychology.

The sentence “there are only two genders” makes the mistake of using the word gender, which apparently has more than one definition.
This wasn't a thing until only a few decades ago.
Sexologist John Money introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role in 1955. Before his work, it was uncommon to use the word gender to refer to anything but grammatical categories.

Fuckin hurts, doesn't it, knowing Jesus made intersex people???
Third_International_Intersex_Forum.jpg
He made people without legs as well but human beings are still considered a bi-pedal species. Referring to humans as bi-pedal doesn't erase people born with birth defects or amputees.

No, they identify as women. They're trying to include themselves into the definition of women, get access to female only spaces too.
No I'm pretty sure most identify themselves as trans. They do however want to be treated as women and have access to female spaces yes. Where would you suggest a transwomen should go otherwise?

A lot of people don't realize how much Tumblr is responsible for spreading this stuff. Along with other weirdness like everyone diagnosing themselves with a mental disorder and pronouns in bios.

I wasn't on Tumblr itself much, but I'm very active on writing sites and various fandom sites that are mostly populated by former Tumblr users and those like him. Saying I feel like the odd one out personality-wise there is an understatement haha.
Can you speculate why these ideas proliferated on Tumblr in particular?

Back