TUF 31 Conor vs Chandler is not doing great in viewership.

i usually fast forward to the fights.. all i really care about

think about this - imagine the ratings if Conor wasnt involved in TUF? its like 250k with him in it; without him itd be half that at best. ill echo what a lot of others have said in this thread and agree that TUF is past its expiration date long ago. its a show with an outdated format and structure. UFC should either reinvent the show or axe it.
Well, they mostly axed it in place of Contenders Series in 2018. There's only been 3 since.

So it's not dead; it's just mostly dead ;)

If numbers don't improve, this could be the end of the end. Few will shed tears.

Last edited:
Well the point of the thread is ratings aren't good so it isn't going strong.

Off a single episode? I plan to watch, and I didn't even know it started.

There can be tons of factors. I really don't like the fact that I doubt they're even fighting at any point. Let's wait like 5 episodes and compare it to the last couple seasons of TUF and see how the rations are.
I personally haven't been watched TUF since the last Conor season, and I plan to watch this one. Strictly because Conor is entertaining, I'm sure I won't be alone on that thought process.

I just watch the fight itself on fightpass but I'm not interested in all the stuff before. Formats like Road to the UFC and DWCS are much better.

In early seasons I would watch it if it was on and I happened to be flipping thru channels but wouldn't go out of my way.

Then I remember one season where everyone was pissing and jerking off in eachothers food. That was the point where I said "yeah I'm out."

I don't recall what season it was, but I know it was a LONG time ago.

I guess if they can still squeeze a buck out of it these shows never end. I just checked and American Idol is still running. Someone must be watching these shows.
I completely agree. I still feel like throwing up when thinking about them pissing and beating off in people’s food. Then Junie Browning season, though I only watched a few episodes, made me abandon ship entirely as I could literally feel my brain cells committing suicide.

The reality is that there is just so much more to watch and the appeal of a bunch of men who are somewhat emotionally immature argue, bicker and do disgusting things to each other isnt my thing. Im lucky if i sit through a whole episode and it can have the wildest coaches of all time, dont matter. There is just that much more quality content out there.

You can't compare ratings to 2015. Far less people have cable now not to mention TUF is streaming on ESPN +.

Looks like another Conor win to me.

I cant figure out where to watch it. Spike, ESPN, ESPN plus? UFC.TV? Its just like the effen events. Maybe just wait for youtube highligts?

It's season thirty-fucking-one of a reality show based on fighters with largely the same meathead personalities. How the fuck is it still a thing?
I'm surprised it's doing as well as it is.

Some thought this season of TUF was airing only on ESPN+ like recent ones. Not sure of how many it would be but I know a few that were not aware and didn't see it last week because they thought it was on + only.
The shine of Conor has faded some. All the rumors of what he may do next probably has made some believe this fight will not happen.
While I'm still a fan of TUF there is no doubt others fandom of it has dropped off. We'll have to see if it grows with each episode and the heat level between McGregor and Chandler.

Nobody even knows if Conor's returning against Chandler, that's up in the air with no announcements yet. TUF really isn't that exciting or hasn't been producing great fighters like it used to.

TUF is so dated. Doesn't help that Conor is living off his name at this point. I would think that there being a card nearly every week probably hurts viewership as well. At least before cards were much more sparse so it was at least a way to see more fights. Now there are far too many for me to care.

Meh, the Ultimate Fighter is boring to most casual viewers, they only want to see the clips of Conor. These are uploaded on social media, most people would rather just watch the parts where Conor talks shit than an hour of unknown amateurs training

It isnt on network TV and I didnt even know it started.

You can't compare ratings to 2015. Far less people have cable now not to mention TUF is streaming on ESPN +.

Looks like another Conor win to me.
Pretty much this. If I could watch it without having to pay for it, I probably would. But, I'm not subscribing to ESPN+ for one show that I may or may not watch.

Back