Law Two Chicago officers shot, officers turn backs on mayor.

I have family in Chicago and from the stories I've heard what's happening in the city is an absolute nightmare. It is very difficult to treat the reaction presented by the police force in this instance seriously however, as they are more than happy to kneel, stand down in light of riots and tow the line when enforcing covid policies.

The police force around the globe has shown that they are the enemy of the public. If they weren't they wouldn't stand down in light of riots and they would stand down in light of enforcing orders surrounding the pandemic.

Police are just a tool. They bend and ebb to prevailing winds of politicos who rule them. It's like a gun in wrong hands it's a bad idea. In right hands it's great. Chicago has it's police in the wrong hands.

After two officers were shot, one fatally, officers turned their backs on mayor Lori lightfoot as she entered the hospital. The father of the officer that survived reportedly gave her an earful. This is a show of disrespect given to leaders that have been less than supportive to police in the past. It has also happened to mayors Bloomberg and de blasio in nyc.

https://news.yahoo.com/chicago-cops-turn-backs-mayor-122116775.html

Lori lightfoot is the worst mayor in American history.

Which neighborhoods? Come on now, you can say the quiet part out loud if you want.
You get a list of people that wanted to defund. Any color. Does not matter like you want to make it. Dont show up when they call. If they want to defund and have the balls to call 911, they should have the balls to protect themselves.

If the cops all resign, their skills will skyrocket in value in the private sector.
Just a thought, while you're turning your backs.

Yeah, I found stuff like that as well. It happens with EVERY mayor there including Giuliani, because the city budget is not a bottomless pit. Cops will go from arch-conservatives to commie union types when it comes to their cut of the government coffers. :D

But at the end of the day, they love guys like Giuliani and even Bloomberg and won't go after them quite as hard as someone like De Blasio or Dinkins.
Hundreds of police turn backs on NYC mayor at slain officer's funeral

Liu, 32, and Rafael Ramos, 40, were ambushed and fatally shot on Dec. 20 by a killer who said he wanted to avenge the deaths of two unarmed black men this summer in encounters with white officers in Ferguson, Missouri, and New York City.

The union leader had said immediately after the ambush on Liu and Ramos that the mayor had contributed to the political climate that led to their deaths.

De Blasio offered qualified support for protesters after the grand jury decision not to charge the officer involved in the chokehold death of Eric Garner in New York. The mayor said he had talked to his bi-racial son, Dante, about being wary in dealing with police.

Relations between the police and de Blasio had begun to fray before that. During his 2013 campaign for office, the mayor criticized some NYPD tactics, including a “stop-and-frisk” policy that critics said was used to harass African-Americans and other minority groups.

the female cop wouldnt have died if they sent in a social worker trained in diversity and inclusion
Exactly it was a routine traffic stop and we been told those aren't serious and social workers can do that easily.

The police are consistently among the most, if not the single most, funded part of any city government. They swallow so much funds but somehow its never enough and any civilian oversight is seen as an attack by the police unions which block any meaningful reform of the police. Consider that the Chicago city budget is ~$11 million and this is what the Chicago PD gets
chart_1_1.png

The "Defund the police" folks have whacky ideas but fuck off with this BS that PDs need more and more funding despite all the funding they already get and all the freebies they get from military surplus programs. What, do they need an Abrams tank to police the Southside now? Gimme a break.

We've tried this approach for a long time now, its time to invest in some alternative emergency response based on proven models that have been in place for decades.

You mean the black neighborhoods, we all know it. I guess we could keep using code words and refer to them as "Democrat" neighborhoods if you prefer though.

It's 2021.

We should be able to at least pretend we'd figured some of this out by now.

Yeah, I found stuff like that as well. It happens with EVERY mayor there including Giuliani, because the city budget is not a bottomless pit. Cops will go from arch-conservatives to commie union types when it comes to their cut of the government coffers. :D

But at the end of the day, they love guys like Giuliani and even Bloomberg and won't go after them quite as hard as someone like De Blasio or Dinkins.
DeBlasio actually endangered cops. Guiliani supported them, but fairly and called them out when necessary. Cities with weak leadership that is soft on crime become dangerous and dirty. Deblasio enabled it. It is no republican vs democrat. Bloomberg did not let the city turn into one large homeless shelter and toilet. We literally had DeBlasio bragging that the cities jail population is the lowest in decades....all while crime is the highest. Incompetence at its best. And the city is feeling it financially....People don't really care about Covid--I'm in the burbs and the bars are packed. But no one is going into the city unless they have to, due to crime, and homeless issues.

Hundreds of police turn backs on NYC mayor at slain officer's funeral

Liu, 32, and Rafael Ramos, 40, were ambushed and fatally shot on Dec. 20 by a killer who said he wanted to avenge the deaths of two unarmed black men this summer in encounters with white officers in Ferguson, Missouri, and New York City.

The union leader had said immediately after the ambush on Liu and Ramos that the mayor had contributed to the political climate that led to their deaths.

De Blasio offered qualified support for protesters after the grand jury decision not to charge the officer involved in the chokehold death of Eric Garner in New York. The mayor said he had talked to his bi-racial son, Dante, about being wary in dealing with police.

Relations between the police and de Blasio had begun to fray before that. During his 2013 campaign for office, the mayor criticized some NYPD tactics, including a “stop-and-frisk” policy that critics said was used to harass African-Americans and other minority groups.
The point of contention was over whether the NYPD had turned their backs on BLOOMBERG. I was already aware they had done it to De Blasio. But thanks.

Democrat mayors have spent their words and energy blaming law enforcement instead of the criminals for all problems in their cities. The looting, shoplifting, vandalism, shootings, homicides and destruction of Democrat cities.

This turns the good people in law enforcement off. Many cops are walking away from their careers or at least contemplating it. And many cops are now realizing its better for them to let the criminals run free than try to enforce the law and be tried in a court of law by Democrats who want political points with their criminally infested communities. The cops know they face getting killed or they face the Democrats trying to prosecute them for trying to do their job. (and yes I know there are some bad cops out there)

I think they need to bring back “broken windows” policing.
It’s somewhat controversial, but it’s better for everyone; especially those who live in cities.
I question the angles taken by politicians to “prove” that its not effective.

The point of contention was over whether the NYPD had turned their backs on BLOOMBERG. I was already aware they had done it to De Blasio. But thanks.
Oh my mistake (this is what happens when I work and Sherdog lol).

DeBlasio actually endangered cops. Guiliani supported them, but fairly and called them out when necessary. Cities with weak leadership that is soft on crime become dangerous and dirty. Deblasio enabled it. It is no republican vs democrat. Bloomberg did not let the city turn into one large homeless shelter and toilet. We literally had DeBlasio bragging that the cities jail population is the lowest in decades....all while crime is the highest. Incompetence at its best. And the city is feeling it financially....People don't really care about Covid--I'm in the burbs and the bars are packed. But no one is going into the city unless they have to, due to crime, and homeless issues.
Not to defend De Blasio and all of his policies but he was elected in 2013. And the explosion in crime that was predicted just didn't come until AFTER Covid, where NYC was the epicenter. Similar trends happened across the country in blue states and red states. People predicted that ending stop and frisk would lead to crime exploding and it didn't. Stop and frisk mainly resulted in small scale marijuana possession arrests rather than getting illegal guns off the streets. Violent crime rates were consistent before and after stop and frisk.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justi...ew-York-AG-report-questions-its-effectiveness

Not to defend De Blasio and all of his policies but he was elected in 2013. And the explosion in crime that was predicted just didn't come until AFTER Covid, where NYC was the epicenter. Similar trends happened across the country in blue states and red states. People predicted that ending stop and frisk would lead to crime exploding and it didn't. Stop and frisk mainly resulted in small scale marijuana possession arrests rather than getting illegal guns off the streets. Violent crime rates were consistent before and after stop and frisk.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justi...ew-York-AG-report-questions-its-effectiveness
Really it was the Bail Reform......I live here...Covid closed places down, but the people committing crimes weren't folks that were out of work desperate. These are gang crimes. An issue Deblasio, as well as the Mayor of Chicago refuse to address because of fear of mass arrests of POC. I see 2 factors in the crime surge, neither is covid.
1. During the BLM protests that turned to riots and looting, offenders were mainly let go. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...es-from-last-year-dropped-by-nyc-das/3114714/
People that were arrested for violence, looting, vandalism, etc were free with no consequences. This started an attitude on the streets that you could actually feel...I saw it. Lawless people had no fear.
2. No Bail Reform-Violent offenders let back on the street after commiting crimes. The no bail thing freed dangerous people. (I'm fine with no bail for Drug offenses and petty shit). All the while murder is going up as is crime, and Deblasio is happy less blacks are incarcerated. The issue is these murders are committed against blacks...They aren't shooting white people. So just to look good for votes he endangers the voters he wants. There is only one way to quell this violence and it is a hard stance on crime, hard stance on gangs, and on illegal guns. I read the articles like you about stop and frisk, but anyone in the real world will tell you it DID get guns off the streets. Im not saying I agree with it, but common sense tells you it would and did.

Stop and frisk doesn’t work and it’s comical that “Freedom loving right wingers” don’t have a problem with that policy when it predominantly takes place in minority areas.

for instance, you’ll never see stop and frisk down in the financial district on a Friday after work When the cocaine is flowing like water.

Complete lack of professionalism by the officers. The mayor is there to pay her respects and to OFFER SUPPORT to police, and what do they do? They turn this tragedy into a political statement. Complete disrespect shown to the two officers by their department. And basically, anything the mayor may have said earlier about them, they just validated.

Stop and frisk doesn’t work and it’s comical that “Freedom loving right wingers” don’t have a problem with that policy when it predominantly takes place in minority areas.

for instance, you’ll never see stop and frisk down in the financial district on a Friday after work When the cocaine is flowing like water.

So let's look at this without political blinders on. Are these coke head stock brokers shooting people? Are guys wearing suits more or less likely to commit murder than gang bangers in "minority areas". If the lights turned out and you were shot in the stomach, and there were two other people in the room with you, one a Blood, and one a stock broker....WHO would YOU think shot you? Be real......Stop and Frisk absolutely targeted minorities, but thats who IS commiting the crimes in NYC. That is a fact that you do not even need to look up. I am not here to argue WHY, just that the gun violence in NYC, my home, is predominately black on black, IN black communities (Last weekend it was more dangerous at Birthday parties in Uptown and Chicago than a soldier in Afghanistan). Petty crimes were leading cops to get guns. The issue is they starting flowing through with arrests for petty weed offenses, and that is where we had bullshit incarcerations, that I DO believe was unjust and unfair, and every one of those charges for weed should be expunged. The question remains though.....How do you stop the Gun violence without being proactive?

Complete lack of professionalism by the officers. The mayor is there to pay her respects and to OFFER SUPPORT to police, and what do they do? They turn this tragedy into a political statement. Complete disrespect shown to the two officers by their department. And basically, anything the mayor may have said earlier about them, they just validated.
Respect is earned. She has never respected them, so clearly this was a thin veiled attempt at a PR move. If you can not see that, you are as dumb as she is.

Back