Law Two Chicago officers shot, officers turn backs on mayor.

So let's look at this without political blinders on. Are these coke head stock brokers shooting people? Are guys wearing suits more or less likely to commit murder than gang bangers in "minority areas". If the lights turned out and you were shot in the stomach, and there were two other people in the room with you, one a Blood, and one a stock broker....WHO would YOU think shot you? Be real......Stop and Frisk absolutely targeted minorities, but thats who IS commiting the crimes in NYC. That is a fact that you do not even need to look up. I am not here to argue WHY, just that the gun violence in NYC, my home, is predominately black on black, IN black communities (Last weekend it was more dangerous at Birthday parties in Uptown and Chicago than a soldier in Afghanistan). Petty crimes were leading cops to get guns. The issue is they starting flowing through with arrests for petty weed offenses, and that is where we had bullshit incarcerations, that I DO believe was unjust and unfair, and every one of those charges for weed should be expunged. The question remains though.....How do you stop the Gun violence without being proactive?

Stop and frisk doesn’t work. It’s been proven time and time again.

Aren’t you also one of those “freedom loving patriots” who won’t trade in freedom for safety? if so you should hate stop and frisk. 1) because it doesn’t work and 2) because it’s against the ‘freedoms’ you claim to love

Respect is earned. She has never respected them, so clearly this was a thin veiled attempt at a PR move. If you can not see that, you are as dumb as she is.
So you are saying they never earned her respect? How is that her problem?

The police are consistently among the most, if not the single most, funded part of any city government. They swallow so much funds but somehow its never enough and any civilian oversight is seen as an attack by the police unions which block any meaningful reform of the police. Consider that the Chicago city budget is ~$11 million and this is what the Chicago PD gets

the budget is $12.8B. you're only off by a factor of 108, so... close enough?

https://www.chicago.gov/content/dam/city/depts/obm/supp_info/2021Budget/2021OVERVIEWFINAL.pdf

<JagsKiddingMe>

You mean the black neighborhoods, we all know it. I guess we could keep using code words and refer to them as "Democrat" neighborhoods if you prefer though.

lolz @ not only race baiting in such a silly and stupid manner... but also pretending that chicago isn't a one-party city. do you think it has republican neighborhoods, or something? ffs, this is embarrassing.

Last edited:
Considering her attitude towards police, she should have done the classy thing and not shown up. Those heroes were there to check on their brother and show support for the family. Lightfoot has no business there.

Our mayor is getting absolutely grilled over an issue that I hope leads to her resignation as well as the retirement of one of our exempts. Truly disgusting behavior in the wake of this tragedy. The last time a Chicago police officer was shot and killed on duty was 2018 when Commander Paul Bauer was killed right in front of the Thompson Center in broad day light. That same year Officer Jimenez was shot and killed at the Mercy Hospital active shooter. All tragedies but during those tragedies both officers were buried with full honors without issue as they always should be.

Cook County Medical Examiners office has already conflicted the mayors story citing Covid protocols for funerals have not changed for CPD during the pandemic.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-apos-lori-lightfoot-snaps-182538234.html

The cops that made this a political issue should lose their jobs or the very least, be suspended. Mayor Lightfoot extended an olive branch and the cops refuse. Why are they making the death of an officer political? That is beyond disrespectful. No matter which side of the issue you fall on, this is not the time or place

The cops that made this a political issue should lose their jobs or the very least, be suspended. Mayor Lightfoot extended an olive branch and the cops refuse. Why are they making the death of an officer political? That is beyond disrespectful. No matter which side of the issue you fall on, this is not the time or place
You are a sad person. Making things political? Maybe they are just sick of someone who won't support them?

She went to the ER for the virtual siginaling not because she cares.

She is a huge hypocrite. Racist on what reporters can interview her, during BLM "protest" encourage people to go protest every where besides her street and she had extra cop protection and closed that down to protest. Many many pics of her not being in face mask in public violating her own city rules. Her anti cop rhetoric ... the list goes on and on ..

these are the same cops that enforce mask mandates and beat on granny for not wearing a mask. these are the same cops that allow antifa to beat on normal folks and arrest anyone who defends themselves.

Their only job is to serve the politically connected and not serve most of the rest except in token instances. It’s part they are in a tough spot with a tough job; part they are just government hacks with no autonomy that will literally do whatever to citizens to keep their juicy retirements going; and part a few other things, but I would say they need to be a little more true to themselves and some of their real life beliefs.

You are a sad person. Making things political? Maybe they are just sick of someone who won't support them?
That person has to be another right wing shill or foreign bot that the other msnbc watchers are too insane to realize is borderline satire.

I have to believe that.

That bitch is inciting violence by being openly racist and derogatory towards police officers.

After two officers were shot, one fatally, officers turned their backs on mayor Lori lightfoot as she entered the hospital. The father of the officer that survived reportedly gave her an earful. This is a show of disrespect given to leaders that have been less than supportive to police in the past. It has also happened to mayors Bloomberg and de blasio in nyc.

https://news.yahoo.com/chicago-cops-turn-backs-mayor-122116775.html

Cops never miss an opportunity to play politics, do they? Bodies not even cold yet and they’re angling to get Lightfooot out and some thin blue line stooge in. Worked in NYC so I can’t even say I blame them.

Fact is. It’s gonna take more than more band-aids to fix Chicago. Stricter gun laws. More jobs. Better schools. More police is only a part of any solution to crime. That being said, my sympathies to Officer French and her partner. No-one deserves what happened to them. Hope those thugs spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Cops never miss an opportunity to play politics, do they? Bodies not even cold yet and they’re angling to get Lightfooot out and some thin blue line stooge in. Worked in NYC so I can’t even say I blame them.

Fact is. It’s gonna take more than more band-aids to fix Chicago. Stricter gun laws. More jobs. Better schools. More police is only a part of any solution to crime. That being said, my sympathies to Officer French and her partner. No-one deserves what happened to them. Hope those thugs spend the rest of their lives in jail.
The quality of the school is 90% decided by the quality of the parents who send their children there.

The quality of the school is 90% decided by the quality of the parents who send their children there.

That’s extremely generous. This is purely anecdotal, but school administrators can literally alter the course of your life with one decision.

If they determine that you’re special needs (ESL, SPED) — or on the flip side fail to determine that you actually need extra help — it can totally alter the trajectory of your life.

It could be the difference between ending up in jail, ending up in working a trade, or ending up in a Professional field with a Bachelors+Masters.

I’m fine with my lot... but it could’ve been a lot better. I’m a yank. But because I had anxiety issues as a kid and spent 2 years overseas in Latin America, I had problems readjusting. So I was classed as needing ESL. Despite the fact that I was born and raised in the US. Was also held back a year.

Suffice to say... I probably would be in a different socioeconomic strata had I not been held back and put on the dumb duck track.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has this type of story to tell.

like I said. School Admins can literally fuck your shit up before you’ve had a chance to get on.

And while the quality of the parents is a legit factor... it isn’t when you consider single parent households.

No child should be sentenced to a peon level life because they were born & raised by a poor working class single mom.

My point is: the quality of decision makers in schools from pre-k all the way up through 12tj grade matters.

And sadly: poorer areas tend to have less educated, experienced, and accomplished administrators (and teachers).

And these are the kids (poor, minority) that generally don’t have a parent (s) who have the luxury to be their to argue and fight on their behalf like upper middle class and rich parents do.

So poor kids (regardless of race) especially minorities, are the ones who are most likely to get fucked over

Last edited:

I think it was more of a “how dare she” response to lightfoot showing up after throwing officers under the bus and handcuffing them from doing their jobs

Back