Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
UFC is supposed to be the greatest promotion in combat sports yet doesn't have the greatest combat fighter under captivity contract. I want someone to ask Dana about this so bad at the next presser but knowing UFC they will revoke their credentials. Real journalists not allowed in.

He has tons of loose skin due to being morbidly obese back when he was having depression. He'll never look "fit' but I didn't think he looked all that different from his last couple of fights. 270 has pretty much become his standard weight.
He always looked physically unappealing but he looked out of shape more than usual to me. Might be similar poundage on scales but his tone was not indicative of previous dedication in my opinion. He also has likely degraded physically due to age and sporadic career so that could be some of it… I’m inclined to think the career liar is selling a narrative and working his audience.

He always looked physically unappealing but he looked out of shape more than usual to me. Might be similar poundage on scales but his tone was not indicative of previous dedication in my opinion. He also has likely degraded physically due to age and sporadic career so that could be some of it… I’m inclined to think the career liar is selling a narrative and working his audience.

He's definitely on the decline. I guess we will see how badly against Usyk, if they ever get those two in the ring.

A shame that all these guys are fighting only once a year these days, wasting much of their physical prime. In previous times you were considered to have ring rust if you hadn't fought in six months.

...I want someone to ask Dana about this so bad at the next presser but knowing UFC they will revoke their credentials. Real journalists not allowed in.

Yup.

Should be interesting, especially with Ultimate Shill DC all in on Francis "Baddest Man on the Planet" Fan Club.

Every pundit or "journalist" worth a crap aren't gonna be distracted by Slap or the Lewis-Almeida Card at a Press Conference -- not with the Ngannou Elephant sitting in the room and Dana boxed in.

Something's gotta give -- should be great Theater whether Dana attempts to ignore it or is compelled to give testimony. :D

Last edited:
I hear you! I think things will become a bit clearer once Ngannou and Fury have more fights.

I definitely feel like Fury shut the bed there, very unexpectedly too. I think it's a combination of Tyson under training and Ngannou turning out to be much better than expected plus Ngannou's wrestling background helping him in the clinch so Fury couldn't do what he did to Wilder with the clinch bullying.

But Ngannou is extremely athletic, strong, amazing chin, great in the clinch, power for days and proved to be a lot less stiff and a lot more effective with his punches than anyone ever expected.

I like Francis, very likeable guy so I'm happy for him. Hope he blasts Wilder's head into the stands.

So -- mad props to him. I think more fights are needed to really assess how good Ngannou is and how badly Tyson declined.

tbh Fury isn't your average athlete

6'9 fat af yet somehow moves like a MW

He's a specimen, but so is Francis

His power is ridiculous, he actually had Tyson shook

He would eat Fury's hardest shots without even blinking then would return a sloppy hook that had Fury shook even if it was partly blocked. Not the best technique, no big wind up, but would still have Fury visibly shaken

Theres this one gif where Francis lands a hook, with barely any "power" behind it and Fury eats it and his eyes go wide open after it lands. He knows that if Francis lands a follow up shot its lights out
When people say that fury moves like a middleweight, what specific middleweight are they talking about? I don't think there's a single guy in the middleweight top 10 who fury is remotely as quick footed or elusive as

Lol boxing snobs are really struggling with this one. As expected, the goal post shifts yet again.

No one is saying that boxing is BS. Franc is a freak, and there’s other freaks out there at smaller weight classes that could produce a similar result, or better.
Not really because the lighter divisions in boxing are mostly already filled with highly gifted and athletic fighters themselves. Ngannou is a legit a+ type of athlete who took advantage of a really weak division. In some regards it's similar to Brock Lesnar and what he did to UFC heavyweights back in the day, or Bob sapp and what he did to k1 heavies. I don't care how athletic some guy supposedly is, you would never see some guy with just a bit of training come in and best or make a top guy struggle in a lower weight class

Could we see the same happen to Francis? What if he gets starched in the next fight? What if he never wins again and it sent off into retirement?

The thread title is hilarious

(Rumored) Francis Zavier Ngannou = Holly Holm?

That's the craziest rumor that would put flat earthers to shame

Screenshot-20231031-105512-Chrome.jpg

Virtually identical

tsvOLDx.gif

No, he's Conor - about to become famous for drug and alcohol binges and sex scandals and assault charges.

Or maybe he's Weidman - he's about to break his leg but still be our boy

Or maybe he's Stipe - about to become a fireman and slur his speech

WTF are we doing here, lol??

He's gonna threaten the Saudis? Wouldn't that be idiotic?

When the whole sporting world is saying that Saudi is the future of sport, you think Dana should boycott that bright future? And watch the sporting world evolve without him?

That would be moronic. In the long run it might even prove suicidal. It would certainly be flagrantly irresponsible and short-sighted.

Remember, Vince McMahon, his boss, said Saudi is the WWE's new home. Just think this through.

We're used to seeing Dana play big fish in a small pond. Now he's climbing in with all sports and all leagues. The Saudis are funding PFL as well as inviting UFC. Read the writing on the wall. Dana will not remain in a position of godhood under these conditions. Everyone is trying to figure out how to play nice with the Saudis in sports right now. The UFC would be childish to try to become the problem child of the sports world in Saudi.

There are obviously some areas where Dana doesn’t have pull, Saudi Arabia being one of them.

In domestic venues Dana is a force though.

Imagine if Ngannou only ever fights in Saudi Arabia again, and Dana prevents him from ever fighting in the US.

Not saying that Ngannou won’t still bank, but it’s a pain in the ass and limits who will ever have a chance to see him fight live.

There are obviously some areas where Dana doesn’t have pull, Saudi Arabia being one of them.

In domestic venues Dana is a force though.

Imagine if Ngannou only ever fights in Saudi Arabia again, and Dana prevents him from ever fighting in the US.

Not saying that Ngannou won’t still bank, but it’s a pain in the ass and limits who will ever have a chance to see him fight live.
I don't believe for a second that Dana can stop Francis from fighting in the US - he's not god. How would he accomplish this?? Not fighting in the UFC, sure. But he'll discourage every possible platform from making a mint on a trending boxing and MMA star?

I can't imagine what levers he'd need access to or what buttons he'd need to be able to push, but I don't imagine Dana or the UFC to be this comprehensive in their dominance. The world is interested in seeing Francis fight. Dana cannot stop the tides of all the waters like that. How would he accomplish this??

I don't believe for a second that Dana can stop Francis from fighting in the US - he's not god. How would he accomplish this?? Not fighting in the UFC, sure. But he'll discourage every possible platform from making a mint on a trending boxing and MMA star?

I can't imagine what levers he'd need access to or what buttons he'd need to be able to push, but I don't imagine Dana or the UFC to be this comprehensive in their dominance. The world is interested in seeing Francis fight. Dana cannot stop the tides of all the waters like that. How would he accomplish this??
Not fighting in the US, but I think he could definitely freeze him out of a lot of big venues. WWE are known to do that with their competition.

Fury peaked when he fought Wilder. He'll never be that good again. His body has become gross and unathletic, worse so than before. He's fought tomato cans since beating Wilder ad bought into his own story and may have a hard time getting back to where he was.
I said in a different thread, Fury is always in close fights, he's reactive to what his opponent does. I admit I thought he'd be more dominant vs Ngannou but I wasn't really all that surprised it was competitive.
Some guys box to the level of their opponent. They do just enough to beat who ever is in front of them.
there were a couple "nothing happened rounds" that I scored 10-10 (as one should).
when they train you to judge boxing the 10-10 round is highly discouraged. Even when it’s close they want you to pick someone.

Sherdoggers must stop dreaming about Francis returning to UFC. That won't ever happen!

Francis won't return to UFC even vs Jones super fight. After he saw that boxing money & getting split decision loss vs Fury he will try to box more.

He used to fight for peanuts in UFC & has had enough of it. He will make much more money fighting Anthony Joshua in UK or Saudi Arabia, or fighting WIlder in US than fighting Jon Jones in UFC.

He ain't returning to UFC & you all must forget about it!

UPDATE: Looks like Francis Ngannou is now a hot commodity & getting offers from likes of Wilder & Joshua now! WOW!

Last edited:
Back