UFC 238 Cejudo vs Moraes

Is guillotine not a low % move?

Depends. If you have a crazy squeeze and have perfected the technique it's not as low % as you'd think. For some guys it is low % for sure. Also not something most guys should try late in fights when they are tired, since their arms burn out too quickly and they can't generate enough pressure for long enough to force the tap.

Pedro has arguably the best guillotine in MMA though, if he gets your neck, you are in trouble.

Bevon looked to be slowing down once Hall found the range with his jab, which took him awhile even with a comparable reach. Think about 3 Hall jabs landed in a row before Bevon got frustrated and threw an overhand right with no setup.

Bevon has a big reach advantage against Stewart so I see him sticking to his game, landing shots at distance before setting up bigger shots to win by a clear dec/finish over Stewart.

Depends. If you have a crazy squeeze and have perfected the technique it's not as low % as you'd think. For some guys it is low % for sure. Also not something most guys should try late in fights when they are tired, since their arms burn out too quickly and they can't generate enough pressure for long enough to force the tap.

Pedro has arguably the best guillotine in MMA though, if he gets your neck, you are in trouble.
Yeah. Personally, I'd rather not see guys go for guillotines. Even with Munhoz, I had a big bet on him ITD vs. Johns and he could easily have finished via KO if he didn't keep going for endless guillotines.

I do think that it's enough to keep Sterling honest, though. Watch him vs. Stamann. Whenever he felt uncomfortable with the pressure, he'd drop and shoot.

Yeah. Personally, I'd rather not see guys go for guillotines. Even with Munhoz, I had a big bet on him ITD vs. Johns and he could easily have finished via KO if he didn't keep going for endless guillotines.

I do think that it's enough to keep Sterling honest, though. Watch him vs. Stamann. Whenever he felt uncomfortable with the pressure, he'd drop and shoot.

Guys have also used it as a viable technique for getting up. Not Munhoz though really, he's looking for the tap.

Yan gives those Volkanovski vibes, has that extra strength.
If Eye wins never watching UFC again.
Hill, KK, Lamas, Munhoz great dogs, someone surely gonna win.

Yan gives those Volkanovski vibes, has that extra strength.
If Eye wins never watching UFC again.
Hill, KK, Lamas, Munhoz great dogs, someone surely gonna win.
Hill and Lamas will lose. Petr is a beast

KK isn't the the dog is she? She's the favourite.

Blagoy is my dog of choice, and Pedro... I'm also siding with Nina, mainly because the odds are too tempting and I feel they are off, but also because Nina will be the best striker Suarez has faced and Nina has shown good all round skills. She's also coming from training with the champ everyday, has the momentum of a good streak behind her... She can do it!

Maybe...

Hill and Lamas will lose. Petr is a beast

Lamas is a live dog for sure. Not saying he'll win but he could. That said he's such a slight dog the odds are probably about right. No value either way imo.

KK isn't the the dog is she? She's the favourite.

Blagoy is my dog of choice, and Pedro... I'm also siding with Nina, mainly because the odds are too tempting and I feel they are off, but also because Nina will be the best striker Suarez has faced and Nina has shown good all round skills. She's also coming from training with the champ everyday, has the momentum of a good streak behind her... She can do it!

Maybe...

Suarez will ragdoll Nina. She will have absolutely no answers for Tatiana's wrestling and overall grappling.

IMO Tuivasas power is alot overrated, he couldnt finish dinosaur Arlovski and arguably lost the fight. Bum Asker was also ,,eating" his punches.

IMO Tuivasas power is alot overrated, he couldnt finish dinosaur Arlovski and arguably lost the fight. Bum Asker was also ,,eating" his punches.

I think he loses unless he lands a bomb in the first.. Which is very possible

Hey guys, been a while. My fucking mom passed suddenly and without mercy. Hold yours tight folks, the ride can get bumpy.

Anyways, this is how I see these fights playing out tonight and SU bets / parlays made accordingly.

Cejudo by top control decision but also get the feeling he may get a finish. Weird I know. Moraes is a very skilled fighter but Cejudo is tapping into world-class fighting abilities. My only concern is Cejudo might be letting that get to his head and may need a rematch to take Moraes out of there.

Schevchenko arm-bar sub or TKO so playing her ITD- 5 rounds is a lot of rounds against Schev.

Cerrone by close, controversial decision or head kick field goal knock out.

Lewis by extreme violence.

Saurez RNC

Munhoz RNC

Best of luck, hope to see you all in the fight discussion.

Hey guys, been a while. My fucking mom passed suddenly and without mercy. Hold yours tight folks, the ride can get bumpy.

Anyways, this is how I see these fights playing out tonight and SU bets / parlays made accordingly.

Cejudo by top control decision but also get the feeling he may get a finish. Weird I know. Moraes is a very skilled fighter but Cejudo is tapping into world-class fighting abilities. My only concern is Cejudo might be letting that get to his head and may need a rematch to take Moraes out of there.

Schevchenko arm-bar sub or TKO so playing her ITD- 5 rounds is a lot of rounds against Schev.

Cerrone by close, controversial decision or head kick field goal knock out.

Lewis by extreme violence.

Saurez RNC

Munhoz RNC

Best of luck, hope to see you all in the fight discussion.

That's terrible man...Fuck gambling for the time being, how are you doing?

That's terrible man...Fuck gambling for the time being, how are you doing?

Working through it. I've never really experienced loss like this which I suppose is both a good and bad thing. Thank you for asking. I like perusing this forum, gambling, playing video games, and watching the UFC I suppose because it helps keep me from ruminating ya know? Anyways, didn't want to turn this thread into a TrueAscension pity party so probably could have left that part out but let's fuckin' crush some books eh?

Working through it. I've never really experienced loss like this which I suppose is both a good and bad thing. Thank you for asking. I like perusing this forum, gambling, playing video games, and watching the UFC I suppose because it helps keep me from ruminating ya know? Anyways, didn't want to turn this thread into a TrueAscension pity party so probably could have left that part out but let's fuckin' crush some books eh?

Wish I had your kind of optimism, TA. I have some personal issues/demons that get in the way of my day to day life and I let them really get to me sometimes... I do like your idea of crushing the books.

I'd love to see Lewis take Stewart one with one of those beautiful knees, like he did in his second Contender showing...

OMG let me dream man!

Ha ha might as well bet Eye at even steeper odds if you want to chase on a completely overmatched WMMA fighter. Either one is gonna need some sort of miracle fluke to win!

Nina has really good tdd for a 115er. That said Tati has an overwhelming depth to her chain wrestling game. I'm not sure theres anyone in that class with the stalling ability or anti wrestling to see the different chains coming.

Ha ha might as well bet Eye at even steeper odds if you want to chase on a completely overmatched WMMA fighter. Either one is gonna need some sort of miracle fluke to win!
I like the shirt you're wearing today M.

61K5bAo3RaL._UX385_.jpg

I want to make a dumbass parlay of like 3/4 fighters winning in the distance for this event, as I feel it's going to be an event packed with stoppages. Gotta love that 400+ dollar return on a 20 dollar bet, lol!!

How about...

Lewis ITD +165
Suarez ITD -145
Shevchenko ITD -105

I'm torn on what the fourth leg should be... I feel like Yan is going to continue to improve and I feel like he matches up better against Jimmy than he did Dodson, so maybe tuck that in at +140 to the suicide parlay.

Back