UFC 242 Khabib vs Poirier

If it could potentially be 100 degrees im playing Cummings itd at +315 with a full unit

2 Units on his ml as well
Think the heat does him good? All that oil money and UFC cash they can't fix the AC. Shame can't imagine any of these fighters would be more accustomed to heat in any way.... Hate to pull out an old adage but I've always heard don't bet against the house.. Or in this case a quickly built venue that seems to be named only The Arena.

Think the heat does him good? All that oil money and UFC cash they can't fix the AC. Shame can't imagine any of these fighters would be more accustomed to heat in any way.... Hate to pull out an old adage but I've always heard don't bet against the house.. Or in this case a quickly built venue that seems to be named only The Arena.
I think akhmedov likely has the worst cardio of any fighter on the card. multiple examples of him gassing inside of a round. The heat isn’t going to help.

I think akhmedov likely has the worst cardio of any fighter on the card. multiple examples of him gassing inside of a round. The heat isn’t going to help.
I'd have given the Abdurakhikov the worst cardio award. He is a 37 year old HW though. Still seems a little odd the heat and cooling wasn't a bigger priority. Anyway I'll take my tin foil hat off now, right after a small parlay....

Would be pretty surprised if they don't install some sort of portable AC or fan set-up for the ring, at the very least. I'm going to ignore this for now. If Rogan, or whoever, blabs on and on about it all night then I'll maybe work it in to some kind of late-bet factoring.

Would be pretty surprised if they don't install some sort of portable AC or fan set-up for the ring, at the very least. I'm going to ignore this for now. If Rogan, or whoever, blabs on and on about it all night then I'll maybe work it in to some kind of late-bet factoring.
Whatever they do, I bet it's still going to be hot as hell once the crowd fills in with such a last minute construction and HVAC work. It's after 1 am now in Abu Dhabi and already over 92 F right now and expected to be 104 F in the afternoon.

We aren't talking about cooling off a 500 sq. ft. living room on a hot day. Cooling a massive stadium in the middle of the desert that has thousands of people inside is a complex task. The equipment required to do so if not already on site would take time to get sorted, on site and operational.

Not to mention the time it would take to actually cool the air. Running an AC on a hot residential house will take several hours in operation before any effect can be noticed. The amount of air that needs to be cooled is significant.
I am kinda glad this happened as it adds an interesting wrinkle to this event.

UFC embracing the gambling aspect of the fights quite a bit now on all their platforms. Reed Kuhn of Fightnomics appeared on the UFC 242 Pre-Fight Show to talk about the lines on ESPN+. And of course Gianni The Greek is a regular on the UFC On The Line gambling show on Fight Pass.

speaking of gianni the greek did he give any picks for 242?

I'm watching UFC On The Line now, will report back shortly.

Gianni's bets on UFC On The Line were Khabib/Dustin FDNGTD and Khabib ITD; Angela Lee ML and Liana Jojua ML. And a big lottery ticket parlay, $30 to win $7500.

Gianni's bets on UFC On The Line were Khabib/Dustin FDNGTD and Khabib ITD; Angela Lee ML and Liana Jojua ML. And a big lottery ticket parlay, $30 to win $7500.
On one hand that makes me relieved to be on khabib win via decision, but now my Lee plays are in jeopardy. :/

Not only am I relieved about my big Moras bet, but I'm tempted to bet even more now! Thanks, Cursed Greek, for allaying my fears!

100 F = 37 C. for the rest of the world :)

PS. A hot stadium will clearly help DP since he is from the South and used to the heat. Khabib was already complaining about the heat there so this could make things interesting.

what do you guys think about a madge and moras parley?

. Just like a small percentage of people who bet MMA profit long term, this isn’t easy to do.
lol.

I’m way up over the course of 7 months and roughly 75 wagers. But I know hardly anything about MMA.

Do you think this could just be a lucky streak? Is is possible for a lucky streak to hold up over the course of 75 bets?

Thanks for advice

ax7QPx0.png
npIHXAD.png

Barry's "One Play a Day" Current Record: 5W-4L Overall Profit: $9.40

Please understand the goal is not to win every bet though that would be awesome, but totally unrealistic.

What we're looking for are bets that have value and nothing else!

We do not mind if our bets lose on occasion because to make up for those loses we'll win more bets than we'll lose due to Barry's picks having "VALUE"

Please if you're going to criticize me or my picks keep it constructive. I'm up for constructive criticism, but the hatred I've been getting has been inexcusable.

I'll have another pick for the upcoming card.

Thank You

- Barry
Everything I’ve read says that value betting is the way to go. But I can’t bet on a guy if I don’t really think he’s going to win.

Is there a different strategy other than value that is also legit?

After Dubai (where I’m just betting straight Muslim top to bottom) I’m working on betting no more than one fight per card. Going heavy on one fight where the odds are fairly even and after tape I am almost certain my guy will win.

Is this a legitimate strategy? I got it from the Betmma guy.

btw, I bet straight Chinese top to bottom for the China card and obviously came out way ahead.

Back