UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno

Has Hooper developed his game? The guy is 21 but last time had maybe the worst striking in all of ufc and didn't come even close to grounding Caceres. Last time he fought it was made clear here that anyone with some fight iq beats him but once again he is a big favorite. Barrett does have sub losses but at least showed some grit going full 15 with Zalal.

I'd like to think so but I want to see it before I believe it. It'd feel wrong not to fade Hooper as a fav at this point against anyone competent

I'd like to think so but I want to see it before I believe it. It'd feel wrong not to fade Hooper as a fav at this point against anyone competent

I have no idea how competent Barret is. He won on contender series and I think Zalal would beat Hooper badly. Someone playing Hooper with these odds is pretty wild to me. Even in parlay.

Last edited:
Karl Roberson has COVID

Ah this sucks, I was looking forward to this fight.. Dalcha is intriguing to me, that Magomed matchup was just cruel though.

Can someone explain to me why Fiziev is the favourite? Moicano has only lost to absolute killers and has a much better resume.

Can someone explain to me why Fiziev is the favourite? Moicano has only lost to absolute killers and has a much better resume.

If Fiziev can keep it on the feet it'll be easy work for him imo. Also Moicano doesn't have much experience at lightweight, he just moved up for the first time in his last fight.

Good question and I have wondered this myself. Fiziev is an absolute savage on the feet, he really is. I’d probably rank him in the top 5 striker in the UFC, all divisions combined. That’s how good of a striker he is. I know he has a TKO loss in the UFC, he got caught by a spinning shit and got overwhelmed. Mustafaev (who TKO’d him) is a very solid striker himself, but I feel that was more like Hall vs Mousasi kinda thing.

Anyway, Fiziev has good wrestling and TDD and is probably expected to keep this on the feet, scramble away if (when) Moicano tries to grapple. Moicano has been dropped and knocked out before and has 0 KO/TKO wins. He’s not a wrestler exactly, so the takedowns aren’t coming easy...

If you want to see what I’m talking about, watch Fiziev vs Diakese. Everything Fiziev throws is so sharp, smooth, technically perfect... You don’t see that in MMA.

I’m interested in what Moicano via sub line is. That’s basically the chance he has here, I think.

Fiziev is a high-level and powerful muay thai dude. He looked like a killer in his last fight. And he's shown good grappling defense thus far. I think it's more of a pickem fight but I'm not surprised to see him as the fav

Got Figueiredo/Tony/Holland/Gane parlay booked at the moment

will add the same parlay all ITD too when the odds come on my bookie but will leave out Holland from that one.

only pick that has got me a little nervous is Holland v Jacare. But not nervous enough to not pull the trigger!
Lol at Holland in parlays... He only beats bums and it has made him look better than he actually is. Holland is the least trustable guy you can use for your parlays. Have you seen the Darren Stewart fight? He barely squeezed out split decision there and gassed out completely by R3. Dude has such big grappling holes and poor TDD idk how you can confidently trust him here.. Better play Fiziev. You get same price but much more trustable guy

Has Hooper developed his game? The guy is 21 but last time had maybe the worst striking in all of ufc and didn't come even close to grounding Caceres. Last time he fought it was made clear here that anyone with some fight iq beats him but once again he is a big favorite. Barrett does have sub losses but at least showed some grit going full 15 with Zalal.

Need to watch some vids on him but I think Barrett is going to spearhead my slip.

Barrett to win
Fig to win by decision

10 returns 160...

<Neil01>

10 returns 84. Barrett and Souza double. Any thoughts?

Lol at Holland in parlays... He only beats bums and it has made him look better than he actually is. Holland is the least trustable guy you can use for your parlays. Have you seen the Darren Stewart fight? He barely squeezed out split decision there and gassed out completely by R3. Dude has such big grappling holes and poor TDD idk how you can confidently trust him here.. Better play Fiziev. You get same price but much more trustable guy

I see where your coming from but im not putting down much on it anyway. Just feel like Jacare himself is on a slide. My read is the younger fighter in Holland will get the job done. You are right however putting Holland in a parlay is risky (any parlay is risky) but I will have few others to counter this once the prop odds drop. Havent taped Fiziev and Renato but if he checks out might just add him on top

Hmm can Billy Q 'Rick Glenn' Gauntlett Tucker?

I think he has the high volume high pressure pace to do it, but Tucker is way more slick and smooth on the feet.

This card is annoying

Very poor striking, underdeveloped physically, literally got lifted into the air in a guillotine in his first UFC fight, and doesn't have the wrestling, or the strength to get the fight to the ground where he excels. Good chin though, and does seem to have some heart in him.

Back