PBP UFC 300 - Pereira vs. Hill Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat. 4 / 13 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My logic going into this one was that Gaethje struggles with body shots and pressure, and max is one of the best at both. I was worried about gaethje's low kicks, but Max has always taken leg kick damage fairly well and got better at deailing with them throughout the volk trilogy. Also, and this is very general, but Max is a proven championship level fighter. Gaethje never was.

People were really overly worried about Max's health going into this one. I'm actually not even a big Max fan (I'm a volk fan), and I found myself being more confident in him more than his fans were. Max is one of the best to ever do this, and I'm glad he reminded everyone.
I agreed the body shots and pressure could present issues but Max was so fast that Gaethje was countering his own shadow.

Max looked like a legit heavy hitting, fast as hell LW with angles that we've seen him only attack a slower Kattar with.

I don't think Gaethje looked bad, he presented some good reads, feinted at a good level and showed slick defensive footwork but I never expected Max to be this fast or powerful.... I'd give Max a chance at any LW at this point.

Li Jingping right now
1633261821549.gif

You've had the most consistently awful takes during this entire card.
155: Arman Tsarukyan (21-3) wins by split decision over Charles Oliveira (34-9, 1NC). Man that was a highly contested fight. Honestly felt that could be argued either way. As much as I love Oliveira I was incredibly impressed with Arman's performance. Interested in reading more thoughts on the fight later because now we have the people's main event!

155: Justin Gaethje (25-4) vs. Max Holloway (25-7)

lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Max outclassed Gaethje. Beat him up with his pillow fists. Was winning cleanly. Pointed to the middle of the cage and knocked Gaethje's ass the fuck out.

Nothing but love for Gaethje but holy shit he got destroyed.
In Gaethje's defense, he actually looked great and seemed to be winning the 1st rd with leg damage until he got his face spin kicked clean off, lol.

If Max goes on a KO streak at 155, it would be legendary.

Also, gotta give Justin props too despite getting dominated, eye poked, and having his nose broke , he never looked for a way out of the fight.

How is Dana okay with have 2 members of the CCP fighting for America's belt brah?!?

You do realize not everyone in China is a member of the CCP, right? 🤣

Career best performance by Max. He controlled the entire fight...He seemed a much better fighter at LW than FW. He was fast, powerful. Can't wait to see what he does next. Hopefully he gets back in there soon. Didn't seem like he took too much damage in that one.

I wouldn't want him to rush he ate a lot of leg kicks , probably still on cloud 9 with the win but he'll be limping a bit tomorrow. Plus Islam has Dustin Next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back