UFC Fight Night 185: Chiesa vs. Magny

I mean on the last card, Melo vs Moras was by far the worst fight I've seen in a long ass time, and Melo had great value. So you may be correct.

Still super torn on the main event. Taping it, they both have a lot of weaknesses, Chiesa moreso, but Chiesa is strong and dominant at WW.

Magny loves the clinch, but is overpowered in it a lot. Chiesa will be by far the bigger man come fight night, and his size advantage may just give him the edge, even in a five round fight.

Technically, Magny is way better on the feet, throws more volume, mixes it up way more than Chiesa does. But Magny has pretty fucking bad TDD.

He relies on volume, insane cardio, and grit to win most of his fights.

The more I think about it, I just don't see him stopping Chiesa from taking him down. And I don't see Magny being able to control Chiesa if he manages to get Chiesa down in the later rounds.

The over might be the play here, still deciding, kind of hoping more money comes in on Magny. I'd much rather play Chiesa with a +150 price tag.
Im loving Morriera by SUB at 3.80 and Ike RD1 at 4.33.

Also the under 1.5 being 1.90 and even under 2.5 being 1.50.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/1/...ideo-michael-chiesa-neil-magny-mma-event-news

The weigh-ins are happening right now. So far:

Michael Chiesa () vs. Neil Magny ()
Warlley Alves (171) vs. Mounir Lazzez (171)
Ike Villanueva (206) vs. Vinicius Moreira ()
Roxanne Modafferi (126) vs. Viviane Araujo ()
Matt Schnell (126) vs. Tyson Nam ()
Douglas Silva de Andrade (145) vs. Lerone Murphy (146)
Omari Akhmedov () vs. Tom Breese ()
Ricky Simon (136) vs. Gaetano Pirrello (136)
Mudaerji Su (126) vs. Zarrukh Adashev (126)
Dalcha Lungiambula (186) vs. Markus Perez ()
Francisco Figueiredo (126) vs. Jerome Rivera ()
Mike Davis (154.5) vs. Mason Jones (156)
Umar Nurmagomedov (136) vs. Sergey Morozov (135)
Manon Fiorot (126) vs. Victoria Leonardo (125.5)

Boetsch, if I remember correctly, got his nose broken rather early on by Akhmedov who went on and dominated him en route to a 30-27.

Going to a draw with Vettori would be a dream for Breese, the pinnacle of his career.

If he doesn't mix in at least a few takedowns against Breese I'd be shocked.

Breese will never be an even top 25 middleweight.

If you're on Breese, that's cool. What do you think his path to victory is? Honestly curious, as most people on here seem to be on Akhmedov.
I’m actually on Omari. I think it’s a good spot for him at current prices.

All fighters make weight

michael-chiesa-neil-magny-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

warlley-alves-mounir-lazzez-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

ike-villanueva-vinicius-moreira-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

roxanne-modafferi-vivane-araujo-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

matt-schnell-tyson-nam-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

lerone-murphy-douglas-silva-de-andrade-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

omari-akhmedov-tom-breese-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

ricky-simon-gaetano-pirrello-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

su-mudaerji-zarrukh-adashev-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

dalcha-lungiambula-markus-perez-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

francisco-figueiredo-jerome-rivera-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

mike-davis-mason-jones-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

umar-nurmagomedov-sergey-morozov-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

manon-fiorot-victoria-leonardo-ufc-on-espn-20-weigh-ins.jpg

Jeeez this is a hard card to bet on...

Fight of the night is Davis vs Jones for me. Coin flip. Really excited for it. Hoping Jones does it.

Smh I thought the card started at 12. No, the prelims start at 9am et

Haven’t been playing openers but couldn’t resist Marcus Perez at +262 against dalcha. Perez should probably be a slight favorite here

At least it's on ESPN so it's easy to record. I had watching ESPN+ cards at a later time because I feel like getting spoilers is really easy through the app.
I’ve got to work so live betting probably isn’t an option. I’ll try to get home for the main card

How is Fiorot's take down defense? From what I remember Leonardo fought smart on Contenders with the takedowns and GNP.

I mean you can't just look at the records and make a decision that way.

Watch them fight, also just imagine what Gilbert Burns would do to Mason Jones.

I think Mason has grit, he'll tough out a hard fight, he will grind and he will try and pull people into deep waters but I think Davis is faster, more athletic more powerful and probably just an all round better MMA fighter.

Mason has fought Cage Warriors level competition, they are all pretty much bums.

I think there is a path for Mason, he has momentum on his side and Davis is coming off a long lay off and some injuries.

The fight reminds me a little of Gaethje debuting against Michael Johnson, only I don't personally see the come back win, I think Mason gets beat up for 3 and could even get finished

Adam Proctor isn't a bum, he'll be in the UFC within a year or two himself.

I won't say too much about this fight other than this fight as Mason is pretty much my favourite fighter, so I'm a bit biased.

Smh I thought the card started at 12. No, the prelims start at 9am et

Haven’t been playing openers but couldn’t resist Marcus Perez at +262 against dalcha. Perez should probably be a slight favorite here
decision or itd, he´s +120 on most books

wtf with the weightclasses... Davis look stronger, muscular and also Bigger than Jones, Breese and Leroy are fighting dwarfs...

wtf with the weightclasses... Davis look stronger, muscular and also Bigger than Jones, Breese and Leroy are fighting dwarfs...

Jones just has that British body, our light weights are really feather weights. He won the welter weight belt in Cage Warriors, imagine him going up a weight in the UFC and fighting someone like Usman or Colby or anyone top ten, he'd get thrown out of the cage.

I really like this card for betting actually. Feel pretty good on the value on the dogs Chiesa, Ahkmedov, Nam (near even), and Morozov. I'm also fairly confident in some of the favorites and ITD plays.
who do you like ITD?

Back