UFC Fight Night - Barboza vs Chikadze - Offical discussion

Last edited:
lee is moving up to 170 for the first time right? Rodriguez is a naturaI welterweight, he also is 10 cm taller than Lee and looks to be pretty big. don't know how easy he will be able to takedown Rodriguez. Rodriguez also has a great smart team behind him who will prepare him with a great gameplan. If Lee doesn't get the takedown early I think he will be in biog trouble. Lee got owned by a small lightweight in Iaquinta, and has racked up many losses in recent years. I am pretty big on Rodriguez here, he should have a big edge on the feet.

Last time Lee fought at WW he gassed out from what I remember. I also happened to initially think DRod gets the KO on Lee. I was surprised to see Lee as a favorite moving up a weight class given his ability to get stunned and survive.

lee is moving up to 170 for the first time right? Rodriguez is a naturaI welterweight, he also is 10 cm taller than Lee and looks to be pretty big. don't know how easy he will be able to takedown Rodriguez. Rodriguez also has a great smart team behind him who will prepare him with a great gameplan. If Lee doesn't get the takedown early I think he will be in biog trouble. Lee got owned by a small lightweight in Iaquinta, and has racked up many losses in recent years. I am pretty big on Rodriguez here, he should have a big edge on the feet.
I’m very torn on this one. As you said Drod is the bigger guy, should be able to get his offense going if he can stay off his back and Lee might actually be shot. I mean that shit happens so quickly. I was leaning DRod initially. But the more I’ve looked into it I think that if Lee can still hit his double post surgery like he could before (admittedly a huge if), that may be all he needs, especially considering how Drod looked against Perry. Feel like it’s gonna be one sided but I just can’t decide which way it’s gonna go. I realize this is not a very insightful post. Mainly just commenting bc initially I saw it exactly like you but now I’m not so sure. Very possible I’m just overthinking it after the stinker I put up last week

I place bets on fighters that I think have a strong edge with good odds that I have watched fight for a long, long time and taped to a degree where I can drop 2-5k on them, I don’t have the time to do that with this card and I probably won’t even be able to watch it so while I maybe missing out on value that I could have found in my younger years, I prefer to not just toss money blindly at fights.

I save that for football thank you very much.

Have u been looking at week 1 odds yet whose your stone cold lock?

What are the chances this fight goes to a draw? Giga and Edson got a few split decision wins, I can see this being very close, might play the draw, giga decision or pass all together.
I am surprised that Giga is the slight underdog on this fight card. I mean i am not surprised to see Edson as the favorite but a draw can happen.

I will be favoring Giga slightly. I wont be surprised if Edson wins a Dec or a Draw here. Maybe on a card like this dont go to heavy with the main event?

I don't know what a wikicap is.

Your tone sounds a bit insulting. So I'll take a moment to disparage you.

Ye you bum. I'm sitting here with 85% accuracy rate, with a fair amount of underdogs. Do you think I sound like I need a wikicap?

Wikicap ya self into bankruptcy. Only use fancy technical words when you aren't down money.

You create a new account eveyr time you have a bad betting event 85% accuracy isnt good when you only bet -500 fighters

Card before that. And the card before that. And so on. In recent memory I lost a party to a loss on Sandhagen account. Lost one to Nikolas losing. I think that's all of them. I might make sure tomorrow and upload the rest.

Anyway post yours or I and everyone else will consider you a crap "Wikicapper" in prepuity.

Ehh I dont think hes a wikicapper you said everyone so unless im not part of that everyone then youre wrong I consider him a hat picker picking random names outta a hat lol Just messing with you @TrueAscension thats me with my parlays

Isn't this last weeks? Have we seen you make a right call yet?
You have the spelling over me. I have actually being good at something we both spend a fair amount our life wasting on.

Anyway you do yours and I'll do mine. If not imma go to bed.

Yo keep saying we as in everyone I have seen him post massive parlay wins for like a 50k payout and I asked him if he was gonna hedge and that was the beggining of the end for us lol

@TrueAscension
Don't leave. Cmon now, I was mostly just screwing with you and the other guy. I apologise.

Nah I didn't check your history to see if you were actually good at this or not. See, I didn't take it this seriously lmao.

I am sure you and him are better than me! See? Anyhow I defend the 85% accuracy score. I've had a tally. Only had a couple of dozen bets. Of every paraly only one out of the 3 or something wrong two legs were off.

If every other popped parlay is one off, and I seem to get about 3 in the row. That's 85% on the fighter picks, Parker Porter was no -500 betting favourite.
Anyway I won't be banned. I only got this yellow card for trolling the poms on UFC.

So we might as well learn to leave together. Also weekly profits, i don't think sportsbet does that. Never heard of it.

My 2 cents on this card:

Guido/Mana: This kid really has one-punch KO power. Taped him for Contender but didnt notice it as much. Guido has about a round and a half of cardio, although he is very athletic and dangerous while fresh. He is also hittable and chinny. Guido could wrestle early but everyone tries that against Mana. Turcio did it and so did Rivera. Mana got up and blasted them after. I think same thing happens here. Mana by finish, U2.5 and lil sprinkle on Mana RD1 KO. He could get a sub but il take the risk for a small sprinkle. Lil nervous about Manas coach passing away a week ago.

Emmers/Pat: Got 1u on Emmers at 1.72. Wish I got him at pick em odds, I think current odds are pretty accurate. Also wish there was more footage of someone wrestling Emmers, Iv seen Machado dump him twice and Emmers explode on top instantly. He seems like the wrestler type that can get taken down despite his credentials. But he has a standup, cardio, athletism, and volume advantage. Pat needs to grind here, which I think is a pretty slim path, but I need more tape to go bigger than a unit. Also Emmers will probably choose to wrestle when he shouldn't, just like how he keeps it standing when he should be wrestling lol.

Jacoby/Dentist: Thought Jacoby was a lock here pre-tape. He still could be but at these odds I hate how he keeps fights close. He always has the better striking, but he mostly calf kicks and jabs. Stewart's volume is even worse than Jacoby but if he throws a few big hooks occasionally he could steal round in the eyes of dodgy judges. Pretty bad matchup for Stewart who never really seems to have a game plan, I might still hit Jacoby in a way and hedge with Steward DEC which is his only path in my opinion. Jacoby is tough.

Alvey/Turman: Good matchup for Alvey and a step-down. Turman will try clinch and takedown Alvey which is a very hard task. Turman gasses and gets very sloppy and hitatble. He also doesn't hit hard and when he does get the back he keeps falling off which is embarrassing for a black belt. This could still be close due to Alvey fighting like a ginger Woodley, so I only have half a unit at 2.45.

Muradov/GM3: pretty straightforward fight. I have been fading GM3 since the beginning due to him fighting like he is in slow motion and having no striking defence and suspect chin. Lost money in the Winn, Piechota, and Giles fights. Then Heinich of all people took advantage of those flaws lol. GM3 seems susceptible to the overhand, Muradov has a massive speed advantage and great TDD. Rough matchup for Gm3 but not sure where the value lies.

Petroski/Gillmore: Petroskis line is way too wide. In my opinion, he is a scrub, but they are feeding him a can here, and Petroski has shown that he can at least win against those. All of Gilmore loses are buy sub, I have only seen 2 though. This should be a pass, iv seen some regional bums get up and make Petroski work even though hes an elite wrestler, so the under is a risk too. Petroski by finish at -200 if you want a juiced parlay piece lol.

Lee/D-Rod: Wrote my opinion on this fight a couple of pages back. Lots of unknowns, love betting D-rod because he fights for your money, has volume toughness good IQ, the opposite of Lee. But Lee is a massive step up for him. Massive red flags with 2 ACL surgeries and moving up for Lee too. Might leave half a unit on D-Rod, might just cash it all out and enjoy and live bet D-Rod after first.

Might just be the experience factor but I'm leaning towards Edson in the ME. 5 rounds might favor the veteran. Maybe I still can't get Giga's fight against Rivera out of my mind. I want to say his cardio has been a little iffy and he hasn't really fought too many high level fighters in the UFC.

Kicks particularly his liver kick are Giga's bread and butter and Barboza might be the best kicker in the division. Might just skip this one but I don't think Giga stops Edson and it's hard to know how his cardio will look in the later rounds.

If you're thinking of taking Lee, take him by decision around +200. He's not finishing D-Rod, take it to the bank.

I’m very torn on this one. As you said Drod is the bigger guy, should be able to get his offense going if he can stay off his back and Lee might actually be shot. I mean that shit happens so quickly. I was leaning DRod initially. But the more I’ve looked into it I think that if Lee can still hit his double post surgery like he could before (admittedly a huge if), that may be all he needs, especially considering how Drod looked against Perry. Feel like it’s gonna be one sided but I just can’t decide which way it’s gonna go. I realize this is not a very insightful post. Mainly just commenting bc initially I saw it exactly like you but now I’m not so sure. Very possible I’m just overthinking it after the stinker I put up last week

Just to play devil's advocate here, where are we getting the idea that Lee is shot? Without recently taping, he looked pretty good against Oliviera in the first round before he got snatched up no? He also fucked Gillespie up hard. Rodriguez Is a pretty cool, hard striker but he was losing to Dwight Grant before he scored a TKO on the Edgar card if I recall (again haven't taped recently) and has the tendency to gas. I may go against my earlier post and put a couple Gs down on Lee here, this is a big step up in competition for Rodriguez who I don't find to be a very multi-dimensional fighter. If the fight goes to the ground, I think we see a pretty quick tie up sub for Lee.

I don't know what a wikicap is.

Your tone sounds a bit insulting. So I'll take a moment to disparage you.

Ye you bum. I'm sitting here with 85% accuracy rate, with a fair amount of underdogs. Do you think I sound like I need a wikicap?

Wikicap ya self into bankruptcy. Only use fancy technical words when you aren't down money.
Not to pile it on, but I think the true successful MMA bettors know it’s not about having a high accuracy, it’s about beating the bookies and identifying value plays. The proof is in the pudding. Here is results of my bets lifetime and you will see, accuracy never tells the whole story.

-251-300 range - 75.8% accuracy and only 2.1% ROI
-301 and beyond range - 90.2% accuracy
and only 7.1% ROI

the same range in plus odds

+251-300 range - 42.1% accuracy and 68.1% ROI
+301 and beyond range. 33.3% accuracy
and 73.1% ROI.

The stats don’t lie.

Just to play devil's advocate here, where are we getting the idea that Lee is shot? Without recently taping, he looked pretty good against Oliviera in the first round before he got snatched up no? He also fucked Gillespie up hard. Rodriguez Is a pretty cool, hard striker but he was losing to Dwight Grant before he scored a TKO on the Edgar card if I recall (again haven't taped recently) and has the tendency to gas. I may go against my earlier post and put a couple Gs down on Lee here, this is a big step up in competition for Rodriguez who I don't find to be a very multi-dimensional fighter. If the fight goes to the ground, I think we see a pretty quick tie up sub for Lee.

Hard for me to back D Rod here also. Things will go his way if Lee tries to bully, fails, and then he starts backing up. Honestly though, I see Lee working pretty quickly and also likely getting the finish on the ground.

Hopefully Lee spent at least as long working on his cardio as he did getting that samurai helmet tattooed on the back of his head.

Also @guesswhoseback no NFL bets until probably a couple days away. I look at weather conditions (which usually aren't applicable early in the year but you never know), injury reports, etc.

If you wanna degen, I like the Cowboys to come out strong so I'd probably take the +7.5 with them. Had a good defensive draft, a ton of offensive weapons, and the Bucs got started a little slow last year. Brady's also old as fuck.

I think the Bills face-fuck the Steelers and I am a little surprised the Browns are +6 to the Chiefs who, again, start the season slow on defense traditionally, have a tough time against the run, and lost their two starting offensive lineman last year. If the line stays at 6 or so, I'll probably toss something on the Browns.

I also have no idea how the Saints are only 3 point dogs to Rodgers but maybe I am missing something.

Back