UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis

it may seem crazy but im prepared to unload all the units.....

kcFpzNg.jpg

Can-dashian?

That is the best I can do with this one.

Who is actually going to win this weekend? Other than Blaydes which is obvious.

I've taped the whole card apart from Smith/Clark becsuse I can't trust either of them and I really don't have anyone I would say is a solid pick, a few guys I lean towards but nothing that stands out as an easy play

I wouldn't like that, Blaydes standing isn't good and his chin is not up to scratch

I actually think Lewis's standup is the most overrated part of his game. He can be clipped easily by straight shots down the middle. He wins a lot of his fights from clinching and grappling actually. I do agree Blaydes wrestling is probably good enough to put Lewis down though. The problem with a lot of Lewis's opponents is that they look to grapple when they really don't have the ability or strength to keep him down. Blaydes mixing it up a bit on his way into takedowns though will probably assist in him getting the takedowns too.

I actually think Lewis's standup is the most overrated part of his game. He can be clipped easily by straight shots down the middle. He wins a lot of his fights from clinching and grappling actually. I do agree Blaydes wrestling is probably good enough to put Lewis down though. The problem with a lot of Lewis's opponents is that they look to grapple when they really don't have the ability or strength to keep him down. Blaydes mixing it up a bit on his way into takedowns though will probably assist in him getting the takedowns too.

Oleinik must have that "old man" strength haha. Because he's an undersized HW and old as dirt and got Lewis down and kept him there for awhile and worked for subs. I guess maybe it's that Oleinik is kinda just...tricky? Not sure if that's the right word, maybe "crafty" with how he gets guys down with all that experience.

Lewis standup is nothing special at all. Volkov straight clowned him the entire fight. But...the end shows how dangerous it is to stand with him even when he's beaten up and tired. But if you can actually keep him on his back (yeah, with how strong he is not easy) the threat is gone.

I just don't know if Blaydes has the cardio to do that all night.

What if the Blaydes/Lewis fight plays out like Lewis/Ngannou?

What if Blaydes is too afraid to get clipped and shoot for getting it to the ground?

What if Blaydes is too afraid to get clipped and shoot for getting it to the ground?
I don't see that happening. I wouldn't be shocked if lewis ko'd blaydes before a single takedown is shot, but generally how I see it going is blaydes spamming like 20 takedowns because of his shitty top control/lack of BJJ to sink in hooks/threaten subs and then eventually gets tired in 2nd half of fight where lewis will have opportunities to KO him. I enjoy lewis ko props and live betting potential.

Nah, Blaydes hasn't even tried to hide his game plan. He's straight up told Lewis he's gonna take him down. Not mind games either. I think he sees Lewis as a novice grappler that just uses strength and grit to survive and get back to his feet.

I mean he hasn't been KO'ed, but obv

Have you seen him on the brink of being KO'ed by Mark Hunt.

I'm just saying no one is rushing to add Blaydes to a list of elite heavy weight chins
Ye I was there live, on of my first UFC events. Iv seen him eat a clean Hunto overhand and recover to take him down. Hunto has 1 punch KO power

Baeza by sub is @+1325? Isn't that line pretty mispriced? I thought he was supposed be an ace bjj guy who happened to prefer striking in mma? I already bet an erroneous line a few events ago on 5dimes so I'm scared to get blacklisted.

Edit: Hmm, lost some value on that, but if they're not pulling the line, and are adjusting gradually, then the bets should be valid.

11/28/2020 10:30 PM MMA Props Fighting 1431 Baeza wins by submission* +1325 vs Any other result Risking $50.00 To Win $662.50
11/28/2020 10:30 PM MMA Props Fighting 1431 Baeza wins by submission* +1050 vs Any other result Risking $25.00 To Win $262.50
11/28/2020 10:30 PM MMA Props Fighting 1431 Baeza wins by submission* +1050 vs Any other result Risking $25.00 To Win $262.50
11/28/2020 10:30 PM MMA Props Fighting 1431 Baeza wins by submission* +850 vs Any other result Risking $25.00 To Win $212.50
11/28/2020 10:30 PM MMA Props Fighting 1431 Baeza wins by submission* +850 vs Any other result Risking $25.00 To Win $212.50
=================================
$150 to win 1612.50

Last edited:
I don't think there's any way to play Lewis-Blaydes than live betting. Lewis hasn't scored a first round KO in over 4 years. Chances are we'll see Blaydes dump on him in the 1st and get a better price on the comeback KO if he survives it. Going in with money on Lewis doesn't seem worth esp if he just looks done

Am I the only one who thinks Pearce and Kamaka is close to a pickem? Take away his performance against Lauzon, guy can bang. Will be a high volume fight.

Kai should win easily against Pearce who basically defends shots with his face. Kai is a decision machine but it wouldn't surprise me to see him get the KO in this one.

Kai should win easily against Pearce who basically defends shots with his face. Kai is a decision machine but it wouldn't surprise me to see him get the KO in this one.
Kamaka’s best work is in the pocket. Fight Ready should know this and hopefully put the right gameplay together. Kelley was picking him apart from distance. Pearce will have a 5” height and a 2.5” reach advantage and will be the bigger fighter. Btw, he fought Lauzon at 155 and the last thing an old vet loses is his punching power. He has knocked out many good fighters.

Last edited:
Back