UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt

Esparza is 100% going to land some takedowns in this fight. It's going to be a close fight because Esparza's striking is pretty bad, she needs to land takedowns in the first half of the round. Yan can fight long, she's gonna be putting it on Esparza if she can't close that distance. I don't think there's value at the current line sitting near evens.

People still betting ismagulov at -650? Dont get me wrong hes nasty and should win but alves is dangerous especially in the 1st rd, seems like its smarter to live bet this one, to potentially get a better price as alves is live early imo
Yeah Alves' odds are way too short considering how good he is. this fight will certainly be competitive the first 2 rounds is my prediction.

Esparza is 100% going to land some takedowns in this fight. It's going to be a close fight because Esparza's striking is pretty bad, she needs to land takedowns in the first half of the round. Yan can fight long, she's gonna be putting it on Esparza if she can't close that distance. I don't think there's value at the current line sitting near evens.

But is Esparza that bad striking? Especially after having dispatched of someone considerably better in Rodriguez in comparison to Xiaonan? Xiaonan can fight long, but she's incredibly basic to me.

Esparza has horrible body language when standing. I don't think she's horrible standing, but she looks uncomfortable and gives the perception to judges that she doesn't want to be there. I'd be surprised if she's considered to be winning when she doesn't get the takedown.

Esparza has horrible body language when standing. I don't think she's horrible standing, but she looks uncomfortable and gives the perception to judges that she doesn't want to be there. I'd be surprised if she's considered to be winning when she doesn't get the takedown.
I honestly think it may have the opposite effect on the judges, her body language makes her seem like a scared little mouse or something but she is very scrappy and fights hard to the finish. I think her will to win despite the fact her body language doesn't show much confidence might actually endear her to the judges in these super close fights she seems to always win.

Garbrandt should use his wrestling in this fight a lot. He Has great wrestling, but he didn't use it much and Font is susceptibul to takedowns

Culibao might murder this dude out of China, ITD +240 yes please

Faded Gadelha vs Yan and it worked, I wonder if Esparza can implement her lay n' pray here for the judges.
Have you seen any of the Chinese guys fights? Culibao seemed pretty legit in that fight vs Jourdain, who is a legit prospect imo. Chinese dude's competition on Sherdog was very uninspiring. Even as a -250 fav or whatever he was, seems way off

off topic but nunes+edwards+floyd at close to -200 is free money.

Have you seen any of the Chinese guys fights? Culibao seemed pretty legit in that fight vs Jourdain, who is a legit prospect imo. Chinese dude's competition on Sherdog was very uninspiring. Even as a -250 fav or whatever he was, seems way off

沙依兰

that's his name in mandarin, search that and you can find some of his fights on youtube. he's a wrestler but he's wrestling guys with no ground game and just laying on them, his shots seem pretty telegraphed to me. if culibao can keep it standing should be an easy W.

Yeah Alves' odds are way too short considering how good he is. this fight will certainly be competitive the first 2 rounds is my prediction.
So what you're really saying is bet the over 2.5 and parlay it with Culibao ITD +240

Does Tafa have some ability to get this fight to the ground?

Does Tafa have some ability to get this fight to the ground?
the ground should be lava to him, a fish on the desert has more ability off their back than him. I think vandera will have lots of success if he can land takedown and get it to the matt.

So I’m on
Spencer -155
Vanderra +170
Esparza +135
Algeo -118
Font/garbrant under 3.5 -170
Shab/herm fdngtd -210

props
Rothwell sub +800
Alves ko rd 1 and ko
Silva itd
Shabazyan rd 1 ko +140
Hermannson rds 2 and 3
Spencer sub +300

We don't have much tape on yans wrestling but she did seem too willing to accept bottom position with ghadela in the 1st rd and rather than positioning to get back to her feet was happy to throw strikes of her back. And I think esparzas heavier on top then ghadela I agree that Esparza lands takedowns this fight and if yan employs the same strategy from bottom, 1 takedown per round might be all thats needed

If anyone's taking Font and it's not just a fade on Garbrant's chin then how do you see him winning the fight?

Back