UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Daukaus

Ya I’m with you. Lewis is pretty goddamn fast himself bro. The idea he shells up I think has more to do with who he has fought and much less to do with some sort of flaw in his game. I think we see Daukus still in orbit rounding the earth this time next week

I've never thought Lewis had much speed honestly. There are slower HW's but he's not that fast. Daukus is faster imo. Lewis has made his living being a crazy strong, tough, durable guy who more often than not finds a way to land a killshot. But you could be onto something in that Lewis won't fold so quickly this time if he gets clipped.

Lewis has also talked about how he's only been in the game for the $. Now nearing the end of his career, I think the motivation to withstand a storm and keep fighting may be a lot less than it was before. He got paid a ton for the DC title fight because they had to pay him to "save the card" as a replacement. I would always hesitate to back a guy with that attitude. Are they putting in the hours in the gym, etc? Maybe for him it's a bit less important given his style is just "swangin' and bangin'" though...

zero chance? lol

Lewis got tkoed by the ghost of JDS. Lewis pretty much only beats grapplers lately. Daukaus wants to stay standing and not waste his energy trying to keep Derrick Lewis down.

post the slip amigo

2c lets go:

Leavitt/ Sayles: Tough fight. Thought I was going to hit Leavitt here, Sayles coming off 2 knee surgeries and looking fat as fuck on Instagram. Moving up in weight as well. Might mean nothing as he was young but hard to tell. In one fight he has great cardio and output and in another, he is gassed and almost gets subbed by Kyle Nelson. Leavitt shoots asap, no time wasted. He wants to grapple and he does good once it's in his world. He might look good value here if he instantly gets Sayles down and gasses him through grappling. That Pulles fight is not a good look though, every fight that has extended Leavitt has looked a bit average. I will wait till weigh-ins, too many questions.

Eubanks/Gatto: One of two fights I taped twice thanks to different opinions with old mate Sads. Gatto is young and improving. The physique deffs looks like someone who was busted by USADA. Her standup looks improved, has a nice 1-2. She is still submission over position, ended up giving up positions to Leonardo of all people. If Eubanks can have another solid cut, she has a ton of advantages at 125. I think Eubanks wins round 1 at a veryyyy high clip. She gets a takedown and solid control in most her fights, don't see it much differently here. Gatto will shoot up for subs off her back and Eubanks will pass, it's her go-to move. Depending on if Gatto chooses to grapple or not, she could look value in rounds 2 and 3. If Eubanks chooses to wrestle and Gatto plays a game off her back, could be an easy win for Eubanks even if she slows down. Passing at these odds, potentially live betting Gatto after the second if its 1-1 and Eubanks has slowed.

Elkins/Swanson: Good matchup in my opinion for Cub. I see him matadoring Elkins for three rounds. Cub is good at sticking and moving and disengaging from any grappling exchanges if he comes in with that game plan. Elkins is so stiff and hittable. He keeps coming forward but his entries are very telegraphed and slow. If you can avoid grappling with him, he becomes a walking punching bag. Hall was wabbling him all over the place, Nate bloodied him up after getting taken down in the first. Garagorri was 1-1 going into the third, and then got subbed in the third after hurting Elkin and rushing in with a knee. These days Elkins pretty much breaks flakes or fighters not UFC lvl, Cub has a bit more juice in the tank in my opinion. Its a shame about the odds, maybe a parley piece or Cub by DEC.

Gamrot/Ferreira: The other fight I taped twice. Gamrot is very well-rounded, I like his style. Good boxing, can fight from both stances, nice wrestling, jits, and scrambles. He has great cardio, can wrestle for 5 if need be. He dives on ankles from far out and ankle picks fighters. If it doesn't work he is great at getting on top. His control isn't the best, and usually, he goes for takedowns to seal rounds or break up the rhythm. Ferreira is impossible to control early, I think we are in for a wild fight in the begging. It's hard to get a read here as I believe Ferreira is Gamrot's toughest opponent yet. He could look good but nobody dominates Ferreira, the guy is aggressive, an amazing scrambler, and has power. If it goes to a DEC then I think it will be close, but I would rather pass and watch it play out, potentially live bet.

Assuncao/Simon: Big step up for Simon and a step down for Assuncao. If Assuncao wasn't pushing 40, he could have been insane value. This fight could still be very close, but I feel like Simon could win it on sheer aggression and output alone. Assuncao's cardio and durability seem to be depleted as well, although it's hard to tell when he is facing very high competition other than Cody. His last wins were Font and Lopez and he absolutely styled on them. I am passing here, don't want to play Assuncao and then watch Simon
grind out a decision against the cage for 3 rounds.

Lemos/Hill: Talk about disrespect when it comes to the odds lol. If Lemos doesn't KO Hill in the first, which nobody has done yet, I think we are in for a 3 round DEC. Lemos's last 3 round DEC was Inoue. She won a clear 30-27 but had to pace herself, her cardio is not amazing by any means. She would rest against the cage for the majority of the round and then steal the round with some heavy shots. I rate Hill much higher than someone like Inoue. Hill has been clinching and grappling a lot lately as well, but I think she will be better suited pressuring and trying to out-volume Lemos if she slows down late. I am passing on the pre bet, as Lemos is so dangerous early and there is a first for everything, but I will be keeping an eye out on the live bet.

WB/Belal: Bit of an overreaction on the Burns fight in my opinion. WB is still as tough as ever to figure out, Belal is like a discount Burns with worse wrestling, power, jits, and athletism. He does have a better chin but he has been hurt a shit ton by Neal, Edwards, Good and even Lima busted up his calf. Belal is a DEC machine so he essentially has to outpoint and out grind Wonderboy for three rounds. Tough ask in my opinion, even if WB is a bit low volume when fighting grapplers. That Burns fight was 1-1 going into the third and WB gave it up when he hurt Burns and rushed into a takedown. Again, shame about the odds, maybe WB by DEC will be decent.

I just saw this. So Gamrot is a backfoot boxer now? Okay lol. Good luck.
He spams TDs and has BJJ credentials but he gets no extended control time and we're talking about Guram, Norman Parke, Holtzman etc. none of which are that great. He hasn't got the power to stand his ground so ends up boxing on the backfoot more often than not. Against someone like CDF who is a nightmare to grapple and hold down I'm not sure what else you can expect. I'd be shocked if he blanketed CDF for any significant period of time when Dariush failed, he'll spam TDs but that's the majority of his grappling game.

It's crazy that people would question CDFs cardio over Gamrots. It was Gamrot whose repeatedly mentioned in interviews before that he wasn't confident in his own and it held him back in fights.

CDF vs Gillespie was great fight and CDF looked good before Gregor ran him over but you just have to wonder if the fight took something out of 36 y old Diego. We know how much momentum means and he surely needs a win here.

People saying Lewis only need to land one and it's over.. That's the same for every Lewis fight, doesn't mean he wins them all.

He spams TDs and has BJJ credentials but he gets no extended control time and we're talking about Guram, Norman Parke, Holtzman etc. none of which are that great. He hasn't got the power to stand his ground so ends up boxing on the backfoot more often than not. Against someone like CDF who is a nightmare to grapple and hold down I'm not sure what else you can expect. I'd be shocked if he blanketed CDF for any significant period of time when Dariush failed, he'll spam TDs but that's the majority of his grappling game.

It's crazy that people would question CDFs cardio over Gamrots. It was Gamrot whose repeatedly mentioned in interviews before that he wasn't confident in his own and it held him back in fights.
Gamrot controlled his opponents often in many of his previous fights in KSW. Guram is strong af for this weight class and we don't know how good he really is because he didn't fight again after their fight (but we know he trains with Khamzat, so it's something). In the same time, it was Gamrot's third fight in the span of 3 months. He fought Parke in July where he felt like he didn't need to wrestle, so he obliterated Norman on the feet. Next, he fought Ziolkowski in August and used his wrestling there a lot. And at last, he fought Kutateladze in September. Without that crazy schedule he could've dealt with him much better. Holtzman isn't a small guy either and he's a pretty good defensive grappler. At the end of the day he was still getting outgrappled and the thing is, Gamrot has better condition than all these guys. So with his constant pressure he usually ends up finishing his opponents or grinding them out. I never heard him complaining about his cardio. The only thing I remember hearing from him in that matter was that he was so used to fighting 5 rounds that he didn't pace himself properly in the UFC. I believe that Gamrot can put similar pace on Carlos like Gillespie and tire him out. His wrestling may be worse than NCAA Gillespie but his jits are better, so he should deal much better with Ferreira sub attempts compared to Gregor. He's also a better striker than Gillespie. He has shown power KO'ing Holtzman, so I wouldn't say he can't stand his ground if he needs to. In the end, CDF is soon to be 37, he's on 2 fights losing skid while Gamrot just turned 31 and he's on the roll. All momentum is on his side and I'm highly convinced he will keep it up.

Nah, but it's JDS's only win since 2019, Mark Hunt's only win in his last 6 fights. Wins over old man Latifi, just, and Ivanov, kind of. Not saying Lewis can't or won't win, but he is literally land a big punch or lose

Dude he knocked Curtis Blaydes into 2028

Whatever side of the BB-Daukaus coin you land on, I think recency bias has skewed this line. Pre-Gane, would you really have seen BB as a dog to Daukaus, on the heels of knocking out Blaydes?

The other narrative that I see in this thread re: BB having quit in him doesn't really jive with what I've seen from him in recent years. I'm looking through his list of wins over the last several years....his wins against Roy Nelson, Travis Browne, Marcin Tybura, Alex Volkov and Aleksei Oleinik all required him to show heart and overcome adversity. If it's a 1-sided beatdown on BB then he quits, i.e. Gane, JDS and somewhat the DC fight. I don't see Daukaus giving him a whipping to the point where he'd quit.

I don't like much else on this card. I like a Wonderboy decision. Assuncao at such high dog odds is intriguing. Surely he has the skills and savvy to find a path to victory.

Daukaus Ko line is up on Bovada at +130. I'm certain this line will get slammed hope this helps Daukaus backers get in early.

Daukhaus has been solid so far but hasn't needed to face adversity. I think his competition is solid too. All the guys he's beaten have + ufc records. Beast will probably threaten him at least once with a flurry- will be interesting to see how he reacts.

Gamrot controlled his opponents often in many of his previous fights in KSW. Guram is strong af for this weight class and we don't know how good he really is because he didn't fight again after their fight (but we know he trains with Khamzat, so it's something). In the same time, it was Gamrot's third fight in the span of 3 months. He fought Parke in July where he felt like he didn't need to wrestle, so he obliterated Norman on the feet. Next, he fought Ziolkowski in August and used his wrestling there a lot. And at last, he fought Kutateladze in September. Without that crazy schedule he could've dealt with him much better. Holtzman isn't a small guy either and he's a pretty good defensive grappler. At the end of the day he was still getting outgrappled and the thing is, Gamrot has better condition than all these guys. So with his constant pressure he usually ends up finishing his opponents or grinding them out. I never heard him complaining about his cardio. The only thing I remember hearing from him in that matter was that he was so used to fighting 5 rounds that he didn't pace himself properly in the UFC. I believe that Gamrot can put similar pace on Carlos like Gillespie and tire him out. His wrestling may be worse than NCAA Gillespie but his jits are better, so he should deal much better with Ferreira sub attempts compared to Gregor. He's also a better striker than Gillespie. He has shown power KO'ing Holtzman, so I wouldn't say he can't stand his ground if he needs to. In the end, CDF is soon to be 37, he's on 2 fights losing skid while Gamrot just turned 31 and he's on the roll. All momentum is on his side and I'm highly convinced he will keep it up.
CDFs 2 fight losing streak is more impressive than Gamrots whole career the strength of schedule is gigantic. He's nothing like Gregor either, a guy who uses pace as a weapon Vs a guy who openly admits he's scared to push it.

You're taking a fighter like Guram and saying you don't know how good he is because you haven't been able to compare him enough yet at the same time you've seen Gamrot against guys who should probably be retired and yet you're wildly confident in him. Also training with Khamzat as an argument come on... What?

CDFs 2 fight losing streak is more impressive than Gamrots whole career the strength of schedule is gigantic. He's nothing like Gregor either, a guy who uses pace as a weapon Vs a guy who openly admits he's scared to push it.

You're taking a fighter like Guram and saying you don't know how good he is because you haven't been able to compare him enough yet at the same time you've seen Gamrot against guys who should probably be retired and yet you're wildly confident in him. Also training with Khamzat as an argument come on... What?
If you think that then bet on CDF and make some cash on this juicy underdog, bucko.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back