UFC on ESPN 19 Hermansson vs. Holland

Vettori got washed up Ferreira though, who hasn't fought since. Vettori lost to Ahkmedov who just lost to washed up five fight losing streak Weidman.

You can't really MMA math it. Herm got Ferreira as his second fight in the UFC, Vettori also lost his second fight in the UFC to a dangerous Brazilian BJJ guy. These things happen
He drew against akhmedov. He 10-8 'ed him in the first round and then gassed. It happens.

Maybe better is an overstatement. But I think Vettori is not much of a threat, a bit slow with no power and little variety. I feel like Hermansson can wear him out from the outside with jabs and leg kicks.

hermansson's favored calf kick won't be there against a southpaw and vettori can shut down the jab using the left cross counter.

Vettori got washed up Ferreira though, who hasn't fought since. Vettori lost to Ahkmedov who just lost to washed up five fight losing streak Weidman.

You can't really MMA math it. Herm got Ferreira as his second fight in the UFC, Vettori also lost his second fight in the UFC to a dangerous Brazilian BJJ guy. These things happen
Washed up Ferreira was looking pretty good vs Vettori imo, he was tagging vettori with leg kicks but eventually wilted because of Vettori's pressure and quick left hooks.

Justin Jaynes fought at the first time at 145 on short notice. Admitted he was gassed after the 1st. The lightest he’s been was 149 catch weight. This fight is at 155 and training hard for this fight.

Justin Jaynes fought at the first time at 145 on short notice. Admitted he was gassed after the 1st. The lightest he’s been was 149 catch weight. This fight is at 155 and training hard for this fight.
where r u seeing that? Says 145 on Tapology , although they tend to be wrong a lot

Vettori -130 odds are correct and shouldn't deservedly go wider.

I like Vettori's 1st-strike and counter offense that changes seamlessly. It's a forward, technical brawl that wins fights because of great reaction time, good defense fundamentals, quick/ combination punching and conditioning. Though the high energy naturally fades Vettori a bit in the 3rd, I wouldn't worry about him dropping the round. He could improve by employing variety (Like Jack), but the punch-heavy style is dialed enough to be formidable, for now.

What Hermansson does well is blending elusive movement with quick jabs, kicks and 1-2's, but I'm afraid the shine of his high output vanishes when he doesn't have a plodding opponent to measure offense against. Regardless, this is all precursor to takedowns, which he's good at the singular attempts, but he suffers a bit by not chaining methods to secure the ground fight.

Vettori has brick strength, Hermansson with wiry, leverage strength and they both scramble quick, but I think Vettori could edge in grappling early. Even if Hermansson gets Vettori down, Vettori presses for space and grabs a leg to reverse, but this is the worry. Hermansson is rabid for snatching things within his grasp, but I have to assume Vettori and Kings coaches are wise to one of Hermansson's most successful chokes and won't give the invitation.

Vettori looks good on tape, but Hermansson has fought and defeated top 10 and he should still be considered to be in his prime at 32.

Vettori isn't the Santos or Cannonier danger that defeated Jack previous and 5 rounds favor Hermansson, who prides himself on conditioning.

Good fight.

Last edited:

When was Weidman ever on a five fight losing streak?

after tape its crazy how similar Hill and OSP are. Hill is like a more technical version of OSP. Same high, 1inch difference in reach, both southpaws, both have chins up and hands down, both hit hard. Hill has way better output way better cardio. Obviously I am ignoring the ground game. I see no way OSP wins a decision here, clipping and subbing Hill is his only way to victory

OSP has a ton more experience though

Surprised to see Matt Wiman on the card as he just randomly pops up every now and then. Such a weird career; he hasn’t fought for another organization since he made his UFC debut in 2006 but it includes layoffs of nearly five years and another one of almost two years.

Last edited:
I missed the fight but official books have it as a draw.

Yeah, officially a draw, but if you watch the fight there is no way round 3 is a 10-8 for Vettori, he lost that fight 29-28 in my eyes

I smashed the Benitez line when it first came out and now doing the same with the Durden one because I'm predicting a close to even line come fight night.... which means going by my luck, both fights will get cancelled.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, a 1 and 5 run being KO'ed in every loss, my mistake.

So he’s only ever had a three fight losing streak correct? So you’re either incorrect in your statement or embellishing information to try to make your point or just straight up lying. Interesting considering your username.

Last edited:
where r u seeing that? Says 145 on Tapology , although they tend to be wrong a lot

Yea last week up until weigh ins they had Pearce/Kamaka at 155, Mazany/Ostovich at 135 and Mudaerji/Gordon at 135.

My site has not released prop bets yet but when they do I'm hammering Villante / Collier GTD.

Advanced lines have GTD at +170 to +180 but neither of these guys have gotten many finishes lately their fights end quickly becuase they are getting finished. I just see a slop fest fight that goes to the score cards.

Back