UFC on ESPN 3 Jacare vs Hermansson

100% Crowder milked that. Hardy is a POS and I will root against him every time, but if he's gonna lose I want to see him LOSE. Not some lame BS like that. Yeah it was illegal and yeah it probably hurt. But with a few minutes to recover I think Crowder could have kept fighting.

That said, Hardy did not look impressive prior to that. His gas tank sucked. He was probably on his way to a win because Crowder's gas tank looked awful too, but that was not some sort of "A Level HW wrecking machine". That was a big athletic guy who hits hard but didn't seem to know much what to do when faced with even a little adversity.

Definitely a case of a fighter with all physical attributes and none of the mental or intangible ones. I mentioned it previously but if Hardy had half the "fire" of the fired up Crowder in their bout he would probably be someone to really watch far. As it is, meh. He might be a wrecking machine but it's of the soup can variety.

What do you think guys of Jandiroba ITD? +475...

I’m on Esparza, I like her ITD +1010. Jandiroba looks terrible on the feet, and has pillow hands at all times.

Drawing parallels to last week(betting not fighting style), She seems like a worse version of A shev, and Esparza seems like a much better Modaferri.

Maybe jandiroba gets a sub but I think if she wins it’s from top position with NO GNP and multiple ref standups

He's more skilled for sure. His grappling alone is legendary. He legit may be one of the 3-4 best pure grapplers that have ever lived. My guess is that even those betting Jack aren't doing it based on skillsets. You always have to look at both sides of the argument. Jack is a decade younger. He may be more durable at this point (if nothing else he's not LESS durable). He for sure has a better gas tank. He's more explosive and faster at this point. AND...he's a 2-1 underdog.

But...you're right in that Jacare's overall skillset is better. So if you think -200 holds value, rock on. Personally, I don't see much value there. But if Jacare goes in and mops the mat with Jack then obviously the arguments about his age and gas tank were wrong (or at least irrelevant).

Not sure about the durability & explosiveness. Jacare is way more dangerous and explosive on the feet imo. Jack is for sure tough and I will forever love the guy for winning that Thales Leites fight (and winning me money lol) but I doubt his standup durability. Thiago Santos literally just bum rushed him in the last 10 seconds of the first round and Jack turtled up immediately.

Jack probably has more cardio, I give him that but that’s really not enough for me to bet on a fighter especially against absolute elite competition. If Jack had any explosive or dangerous striking he could be considered a threat. Now it’s just "well maybe he beats Jacare when he slows down" but even then, Jacare is not a guy who goes full Kimbo. He escaped from Weidman on the ground by rolling beautifully and he finished him later. Jacare is always dangerous. Look how he kept trading with Kelvin who has legit KO power and he was sick in that fight.

This could get me in trouble but I actually don’t think hardy is that bad. It’s not his fault the ufc has decided to make him co-main twice. That is ridiculous tho.
He was starting to pull away from crowder before ‘the incident’. Troll view of that: crowder was a pussy and took the win. The ref yelled out ‘I’m gonna dq him if he can’t continue.’ From that moment on crowder was not going to continue I’m convinced. I doubt it even hurt that much. Illegal tho it was, no doubt.
Wouldn't say Hardy is necessarily terrible but Askers pretty tough, will hit takedowns and is a BJJ brown belt. They're low level but stylistically he's a poor match up for Hardy because of those things imo.

Interesting. I'm going to throw a fiver on it. Thank you for the insight.
That annoyed me a bit lol, Hill dropped Andrade with those shots and then Esquibel of all people just walks through them for 15 minutes. Thought she was gonna push for a late finish then cruised a bit, would of got about 6u of a couple of small prop plays if she'd gone for the finish more haha.

You think Gifford survives 3 rounds? Roberts by decision @+333 seems nice.
Im not sure. Its possible, how does Roberts finish other than his solid guilotine? Gifford does have 2 sub loses though. Guess we will find out now.

That annoyed me a bit lol, Hill dropped Andrade with those shots and then Esquibel of all people just walks through them for 15 minutes. Thought she was gonna push for a late finish then cruised a bit, would of got about 6u of a couple of small prop plays if she'd gone for the finish more haha.

Yeah I hate it when a long shot prop bet is a literal pubic hair away from cashing. Meanwhile you're sitting there salivating at the thought of the money you almost made but it doesn't quite cash... :mad:

Yan beating up that Korean dude but not being able to stop him from not too long ago comes to mind. I had it in a 4/5 way prop parlay and everything hit but that one... The Korean might of literally had several years shaved off his life, but damn it "Ray, you never knocked me down!"

I'm gonna say it now, Hermansson by whatever he wants. Jacare = old, finished guy, cant handle and dominate a small guy like Gastelum, wont dominate a big, strong hungry Hermansson, Jacare is there for a pay day, Hermansson for the glory. Let's go!

Hermansson was even beter than expected... Jacare is over, was almost submitted by Hermansson, GnP a volonte without danger of a sub. Dont get the people thinking that this was too much for hermansson and an easy fight for Jacare.

Back