UFN 107 - Manuwa vs Anderson - London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's talk the main event..

So Manuwa fancies himself a knockout artist. He's got damaging low kicks and he boxes to the body as well. However, he's also very willing grappler particularly in the clinch. In fact he will sometimes seek it. He likes to land knees there esp to your thigh with that school yard dead-horse lol. He doesn't work for TDs at all rather just to chip away. I find that Manuwa isn't a guy to waste his energy on big attacks he tries to keep a steady head and doesn't look for the KO.

Corey is working to mold himself into the prototypical Mark Henry wrestle-boxer. He looks up (or down lol) to Frankie Edgar as his inspiration for his developing style. Obviously a good wrestler he's got a good base to work off of.

I can't predict who will win this but I do think they're going clinch plenty in this fight. Manuwa isn't searching for the KO he knows this is a 5 round fight so he's going to keep picking his shots til he finds his KO. But he's obviously Britain and Corey's got a Brit's kryptonite so I do expect to see Corey find success with his wrestling. I think a late round finish with either guy could end up happening, but given the odds I'm going to blindfold myself and bet Corey by UD. I will go ahead and sprinkle 4th and 5th round finishes on Manuwa on the other end. I know Corey was able to finish his last fight on the ground but the key to not letting Corey finish you is to stay calm and patient which I think Manuwa is an experienced vet at this point should understand.

Verdict: Fight is up for grab for either man. It could manifest in many different ways. Manuwa could shut his lights out at any point and Corey could drain Manuwa of his abilities using his wrestling. I'm personally playing the odds. The o1.5 is also the pick.

And no amount of inaccurate tripe you write will change the fact I never try to talk ANYONE out of ANY bet. And given the fact that the two people I was discussing that prop with (@Rebel_LioN and @Joseph Budden ) are bettors I respect a lot and have given a lot of credit to as knowing their shit, I'd never expect either of them to be "talked out" of a damn thing. I gave my rationale as to why I think the prop is set that high for a reason. People can do whatever they want with any info provided here. Do you think I'm making up the 17/17 fights for Enty have ended in rd 1? Am I lying about what he's done stylistically in every one of those fights? If I was, I'd deserve criticism. But I'm not.

Seriously, stop acting like a fucking idiot. You post enough good stuff here that we all know you're capable of it. This road you've gone down here though is one you never should have. Turn the car around and get back on track buddy.

I'm tempted to get into it and bring up our past posts together, but ehhh it ain't worth it. Maybe this got blown up bigger than intended. Moving on.

Madadi and Duffy

Joe Duffy is a massive lightweight with a vast array of weapons at his disposal. Particularly, Duffy is a high quality pugilist who combines this art with a Black Belt in Taekwondo and Brown and black belt in Brazilian and Japanese Jiu-Jitsu respectively. Predominately Joe is a striker who uses his standup first while always having that spectacular grappling in his back pocket. If we're talking analogies, Duffy is packing a magazine-fed, rotating-lock bolt air cooled AR-15 on the feet while simultaneously carrying a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber snubnose double-action duty revolver in his ankle holster. That's "just in case" Plan B of course. Plan B has resulted into nine wins via tap-out to cap off 13 of his 14 career finishes.

The cunning and docile ginger utilizes his deceivingly stoic demeanor to lull the opposition into a false sense of security before ruining them with the type of Irish violence that would make the IRA stand up and applaud.

Basically, Duffy looks so calm and sanguine, like the opposite of a man who cashes his checks off the back of breaking the bones of another man. That said, do not confuse a lack of hype and intensity for what is composure and confidence. Though Duffy is not as aesthetically frightening and intimidating as a prime Mike Tyson, that doesn't mean he can't end your night with a lightning quick strike of badassery vertical or horizontal. For reference see, Clarke, Mitch.

Utilizing every bit of his 76" reach, the Irishman employs a confusing striking stance as he is very free with his left hand often letting it dangle near his knees while gluing his right to his jaw. Additionally, he accentuates his unique posture by tucking his chin and crouching over with an acutely wide stance and markably bent knees that allow him to spring into his strikes thus amplifying the power to which they land.

Nevertheless, as good as Duffy's striking and grappling is, his one liability remains his takedown defense. This was exploited by Dustin Poirier recently and can very well see the same thing this weekend given the fact that Reza is an even better wrestler than Poirier is.

Madadi is a full inch taller, though he gives up the same unit in reach and most disconcerting is the fact that he is a decade older than Irish Joe.

Let's save ourselves some time here and not let me start breaking down the Madadi striking attack. Ostensibly it is all used as a smokescreen to set up his chain wrestling. I mean, Madadi does have serviceable boxing, but there is little imagination to his game as it is fairly rudimentary and he is at a significant disadvantage on the feet vs. the Irish pugilist. This fight comes down exclusively to how well each man can succeed with the wrestling. Can Reza implement it? Can Joe negate it? This is 90% of what will tell us who leaves victorious.

While the accolades are there, Madadi doesn't have the same skills of most American amateur wrestlers. That said, Madadi is a grinder of the highest caliber and has been grappling his whole life. A gritty bulldog, Reza has competed in wrestling since he was a teenager. Specifically, Madadi was wrestling before music was digital, phone booths, were on on every corner and owning a pager was the shit. Wrestling was good for Reza and he was good at it as he won the 2002 and 2003 Swedish championships and participated in both the Greco-Roman and Freestyle disciplines.

When Madadi is able to get his wrestling going he can wear on you better than a Kardashian can wear a handbag. A handbag that was the possibility purchased by Mad-Dog himself on the black market.

At any rate, after mulling over copious footage, I still see a lot of holes in the Duffy takedown defense. Holes that can be exploited by a really good wrestler like Madadi.

Poitier absolutely made Joe Duffy's life miserable with wrestling and I can see MadDog having similar success. Not only do I believe that the odds are out of whack here, but I actually believe Madadi is going to win this fight outright.

So long as he doesn't get reckless and get clipped on the way in, I believe this fight goes the distance and Madadi does enough to win a unanimous decision. Remember, not only is Madadi a good wrestler, but he also is a purple belt in Brazilian jujitsu.

What's more, when a fight goes past the opening stanza, Duffy is a modest 50% as he has only picked up victories in two of the four contests with such criteria.

Finally, Reza is grimy as fuck — like a Michael Chiesa or Dan Kelly — and over performs due to toughness as he did against the much better fighter in Michael Johnson.. Duffy will really have to beat him down to get him to quit and I don't think he does so. Madadi has good wrestling, good cardio, and lots of heart. Meanwhile, I seen a bit of quit in Duffy when Poirier started to put the screws to him. Reza could make this an ugly fight and I can see Joe mentally checking out again.

At these odds I am definitely making a moderate play on old Handbags.

Reza Madadi to defeat Joe Duffy by UD
I think madadi is one of the most underrated fighters on the ufc roster, and the line for this fight is so skewed.

I like Manuwa Split DEC at +2675 for a tiny stab. I do not expect it to hit at all, but those are pretty wacky odds. He's the hometown guy and the new rules favor him

I like Manuwa Split DEC at +2675 for a tiny stab. I do not expect it to hit at all, but those are pretty wacky odds. He's the hometown guy and the new rules favor him

Yep. Also stabbed

Predictions (not bets). Some more confident than others

Lansberg DEC
Askham DEC
Johns TKO
Bangbros tongue punch... Just kidding! Breese ITD
Diakiese DEC
Luque (Tough to decide how)
Johnson DEC
Barroso DEC
Duffy DEC
Allen DEC
Pickett DEC
Jouban DEC
Manuwa TKO

Yeah, I basically see a lot of decisions. I already played o5.5 DEC and up, btw

I'm tempted to get into it and bring up our past posts together, but ehhh it ain't worth it. Maybe this got blown up bigger than intended. Moving on.

That's kinda passive-aggressive bro. "Our past posts together" were all right out here for everyone to see. For 10 years I've never hid from anything I've posted. I honestly don't even remember what you may be referencing, but honestly if you think it's relevant to this back and forth in any way by all means go for it. I've tried to be reasonable and rational here. I've even complimented you in that I think you contribute a lot of worthwhile stuff. But you seriously can't be surprised when I come back at you when you attempt a condescending tone towards me. As I said, that shit isn't gonna fly here.

I was certainly all set to move on, but your laughable inference that you have some sort of smoking gun that strengthens "your side" (whatever the hell your side is) irked me a bit. Taking a parting shot like that followed up by "moving on"--also a bit passive-aggressive. Anyway, respond if you'd like, or don't. And I'll absolutely welcome your feedback on MMA betting as I think you have a lot to offer. With the very reasonable caveat you drop the high and mighty "I know better than you" act.

Predictions (not bets). Some more confident than others

Lansberg DEC
Askham DEC
Johns TKO
Bangbros tongue punch... Just kidding! Breese ITD
Diakiese DEC
Luque (Tough to decide how)
Johnson DEC
Barroso DEC
Duffy DEC
Allen DEC
Pickett DEC
Jouban DEC
Manuwa TKO

Yeah, I basically see a lot of decisions. I already played o5.5 DEC and up, btw

i literally agree with every single thing. we're influencing each other too much.. lol

Potential value plays:

Entwistle R1 or SUB +600 or better (Fantastic play if you are already on the under, imo)
Bangbros R1 or KO +500 or better
Barroso DEC +325 or better
Jouban ML +250 or better
Madadi ML +450 or better
Steven Siler ML (WSOF) +240 or better (My favorite of all)

I finally bit on Madadi for 1.25 units at +508 in addition to my smaller .30 unit bet by decision at +800.

9950588.jpg

9950584.jpg

9950578.jpg

9950571.jpg

9950565.jpg

9950767.jpg

9950558.jpg

9950555.jpg

9950547.jpg

9950543.jpg

9950540.jpg

9950531.jpg

9950527.jpg

Gather round ye 'ol fire an' lis'in eh tale uh two middleweight southies from the GOAT P-Mac

Scott vs. Askham

Scott Askham looked at the man blocking his path.

"I've no quarrel with ye," he said. "Step aside."

The other man scratched his chin. "Afraid I can't do that. I've heard of you, you see, and I'm here to fight you, Scott Coal-Heart."

Askham grunted, unimpressed. "Are ye a criminal, then? Or mayhap I sent someone you cared about away t' gaol?"

"No, sir," said the other man. "My name's Brad Scott. You see, I once trained to become a Watson, like you. I couldn't finish the teachings, though..."

Askham studied how the man stood. "Right handed, is it?"

"You see well," said Scott, and Askham made a small, almost imperceptible nod, acknowledging the compliment.

"We strike only wi' our left." said Askham. "'The Watson keeps t' peace, and walks a righteous path wi' a sinister weapon.' Teacher told me that, many years ago."

"'The Left Hands of Justice,'" said Scott. "The teachers at the Watson seminary tried to teach me to fight like that. 'No rights," they'd say. Rapping my knuckles. Tying one hand behind my back with twine. It never took."

"Now ye want... some form o' vengeance for lost years, then?" said Askham, raising one eyebrow.

"No," said Scott, laughing a little. "I merely wanted to see how far I'd come. To test the abilities I've built myself against those which were measured."

"Fair play then, lad," said Askham. "A Watson cannot attack wi'out a reason, but he's within his rights to defend 'imself. Come."

Winner: Askham

Let's talk the main event..

So Manuwa fancies himself a knockout artist. He's got damaging low kicks and he boxes to the body as well. However, he's also very willing grappler particularly in the clinch. In fact he will sometimes seek it. He likes to land knees there esp to your thigh with that school yard dead-horse lol. He doesn't work for TDs at all rather just to chip away. I find that Manuwa isn't a guy to waste his energy on big attacks he tries to keep a steady head and doesn't look for the KO.

Corey is working to mold himself into the prototypical Mark Henry wrestle-boxer. He looks up (or down lol) to Frankie Edgar as his inspiration for his developing style. Obviously a good wrestler he's got a good base to work off of.

I can't predict who will win this but I do think they're going clinch plenty in this fight. Manuwa isn't searching for the KO he knows this is a 5 round fight so he's going to keep picking his shots til he finds his KO. But he's obviously Britain and Corey's got a Brit's kryptonite so I do expect to see Corey find success with his wrestling. I think a late round finish with either guy could end up happening, but given the odds I'm going to blindfold myself and bet Corey by UD. I will go ahead and sprinkle 4th and 5th round finishes on Manuwa on the other end. I know Corey was able to finish his last fight on the ground but the key to not letting Corey finish you is to stay calm and patient which I think Manuwa is an experienced vet at this point should understand.

Verdict: Fight is up for grab for either man. It could manifest in many different ways. Manuwa could shut his lights out at any point and Corey could drain Manuwa of his abilities using his wrestling. I'm personally playing the odds. The o1.5 is also the pick.

If Corey is having success with his grappling, do you really think Jimi's cardio holds up the whole way? I tend to agree he won't panic and open himself up to getting brutalized even if he's consistently on his back. I just wonder if at some point his cardio breaks and we see a late finish by Corey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back