UFN 87 - Netherlands - AA vs Reem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red corner fighters on the left... fighters that will walk out second.

BM05EA3.jpg

Man i can't get on board with any decision props or fight goes distance stuff with AA/Overeem. I just don't see any way that one guys doesn't get his chin checked over the course of 25 minutes. Maybe, MAYBE in a 3 rounder but even at juicy odds no appeal to me in a 5 rounder.

I think Overeem most likely gets AA out of there early. It looks like Reem has his swagger back and AA looked extremely tentative against Mir and just got run through by Stipe. Reem ML and itd possibly hedged wtih AA by KO I think.

it hadn't even dawnd on me that aa-reem was 5 rds for some reason, heh

wow @ conor, holohan... something's up.

amazingly for a ufc euro card.. we only have 1 totally unknown fighter. "elmose" -- the chick fightig de randamie

who has the info on her?

I don't see anything Hein can trouble me with, I'm always in shape to go 3 rounds, helping all the boys in Guam

I was in shape anyways, so I took this fight on a 6 week camp, it's close to home, working on my wrestling, way better than what I showed in my last fight (loss to Kamaru Usman) Waters comes in sloppy, I can see the finish 100%, training with a wrestling coach at AKA, I need to prove I'm better than my last fight, I stayed home to train, the fight is an hour away, I'm not going to over commit, just do my best and get the job done

Am a big tumenov fan but this is not an easy fight for him, Gunnar may have looked bad against maia but maia was always many levels bjj above him and like a whole weight class above him by fight night.

Gunnar will be similar sized in height and reach here and has excellent counters of his own and a much better ground and sub game coming in, I like tumenov maybe parlayed or su, hedged with nelson sub or stab at his decision line also, early days yet !

Not sure where all the reem stock is coming from, struve and jds came back from serious long surgeries and were not present in the octagon call it ring rust or awol and roy was too big and slow to catch reem, AA is an equal deadly striker (67% ko wins), good solid boxing and good ttd when it works, sure very poor performances against mir and ko loss from stripe but an important fight for both considering they were possibly up next for werdum. Maybe ufc trying to do Reem vs Werdum II or AA vs Werdum II where both opponents already have a win over werdum, I think if reem gets cracked he will go legless or go down, just depends which AA version turns up.

Wow.. not a good sign for me to be completely opposite to one of regulars here. LOL.

Tumenov vs Nelson: Typical grappler vs striker matchup. Only thing that concerns me if Tumenov TDD which looks solid but not Aldoesque.
On the feet this will not be even close at all. If Nelson cant take this to the ground he is getting worked here.

Overeem has looked awesome lately. His performance with JDS was a masterpiece. Same goes for Struve an Nelson fights.
Arlovski looked awful in this run in the UFC. Close fights with Mir and Schaub. Gunshy and finished quicly against Stipe. Bigfoot did not even put a fight. He only looked good in a brawl against Travis Browne despite being almost KOed.
Only red flag for me here is that Jackson-Wink is backing AA on this one. IDK where Overeems is doing his camp but he has been amazing since moving to Albuquerque. IDK who is going to work on his gameplan this time around but he is an experienced guy and I doubt he makes a silly mistake on this one.

PS: Also I dont think Werdum passes Stipe so rematches against Reem or AA are out of the question for me LOL.

Horiguchi is going to murder Seery. He is light years faster and more technical. Who booked this fight? Fuck that. Im paying the juice on that.

And BTW guys... Holohan retired for medical reasons. He cant get a licence anymore. And Conor is NOT retired. SBG is still alive.

Is Tuck a live dog here? Cant remember his fights.

Defo like Cedenblad, Horiguchi and even Reem. Think i like Leon here too.

Yeah I also see Tumenov vs Gunnar as pretty much striker vs grappler. Tumenov is too crafty for me to pick Gunnar. If he could get in offensive ranges consistently vs Larkin, he can do so vs Gunnar. He'll keep Gunnar's back to the fence and box him up. Gunnar also scores tds out of the clinch, which is good for Tumenov since it closes the distance he needs to pocket box.

Guys.. which is the general consensus for Bigfoot-Struve?
I see a lot of you have Struve at + odds but of course the line just opened for me and SS is -190 and BF +145.

I dont like Stuve chances here to be honest. I surely need to watch some tame but I really like Silva specially as a dog.

Struve is 1-3 since 2012. I can understand loses against Overeem and Hunt but I did not like him against a completly shot Zombie Nog and dropping a decision to Rosholt.

Despite being huge he tends to get outmuscled (well, he is lanky) and BF is the type of guy that can use that in favour to get TDs. Worse thand that he showed no urgency when he was on his back against Jared. We all know his submission game is good but he has not catched anyone on years.
We all know what kind of GnP and top control Bigfoot has. If he gets it to the ground he is really going to hurt Struve. Not too long ago Overeem (an excellent ground and pounder tho) made quick job of the Skyscrapper when he put him on his back. I know they are different (AO being techincal, BF being a freaking monster).
I also remember Silva mounting Mark Hunt who has better TDD than Struve.

On their feet well.. Bigfoot is kind of shot but I still he is the better boxer. In fact, he has underrated boxing (at least offensive). He cant take the same punishment he took years ago but Mir, Hunt and Arlovski hit harder than Struve for sure.

Despite being a 11 years veteran of the sport... Struve still cant use his reach and height advantage properly when it comes to a striking match. There is a logic behind that: He is just too slow with his hands and sometimes there is nothing you can do about that.
I reckon he has a better chin than people likes to think (he was TKOed 6 times as a pro but you have to look beyond the numbers).
From times to times he shows glimpses of good offensive striking.
The fight against Big Nog may not been close but the rounds were.

At the end of the day Im really liking Antonio Silva as a +145 underdog knowing there is always a chance that he gets caught with something and go to sleep. In fact, I would cap the fight opposed to what it is now... BF at -180ish and Struve as +140ish.

Guys.. which is the general consensus for Bigfoot-Struve?
I see a lot of you have Struve at + odds but of course the line just opened for me and SS is -190 and BF +145.

I dont like Stuve chances here to be honest. I surely need to watch some tame but I really like Silva specially as a dog.

Struve is 1-3 since 2012. I can understand loses against Overeem and Hunt but I did not like him against a completly shot Zombie Nog and dropping a decision to Rosholt.

Despite being huge he tends to get outmuscled (well, he is lanky) and BF is the type of guy that can use that in favour to get TDs. Worse thand that he showed no urgency when he was on his back against Jared. We all know his submission game is good but he has not catched anyone on years.
We all know what kind of GnP and top control Bigfoot has. If he gets it to the ground he is really going to hurt Struve. Not too long ago Overeem (an excellent ground and pounder tho) made quick job of the Skyscrapper when he put him on his back. I know they are different (AO being techincal, BF being a freaking monster).
I also remember Silva mounting Mark Hunt who has better TDD than Struve.

On their feet well.. Bigfoot is kind of shot but I still he is the better boxer. In fact, he has underrated boxing (at least offensive). He cant take the same punishment he took years ago but Mir, Hunt and Arlovski hit harder than Struve for sure.

Despite being a 11 years veteran of the sport... Struve still cant use his reach and height advantage properly when it comes to a striking match. There is a logic behind that: He is just too slow with his hands and sometimes there is nothing you can do about that.
I reckon he has a better chin than people likes to think (he was TKOed 6 times as a pro but you have to look beyond the numbers).
From times to times he shows glimpses of good offensive striking.
The fight against Big Nog may not been close but the rounds were.

At the end of the day Im really liking Antonio Silva as a +145 underdog knowing there is always a chance that he gets caught with something and go to sleep. In fact, I would cap the fight opposed to what it is now... BF at -180ish and Struve as +140ish.

I took Struve as i got him at +175 and +124 i may hedge some or all but i may not.

No way Silva should be favourite you just need to touch him and he folds. Sao was even on verge of a stoppage at end of r1 but bell saved him. Struve has not looked great but does Silva have the strength and cardio to keep taking Struve down? Off trt he is a shadow of his former self. Struve does not have hunt or arlovski power but with the way silva has folded lately i dont think he needs that kind of power.

Would i have bet Struve at -190? No. Should BF be favourite? IMO no way. This is in Holland too remember so Struve will be well up for this. I cant say Silva is a bad bet as a dog but out of twi flakey hw's silva is defo looking worse for wear than struve. The guy medically needs trt and isnt allowed. Im surprised the ufc are still letting him fight.

seery really let me down last fight. i agree, horiguchi all day here.

Is Tuck a live dog here? Cant remember his fights.

Defo like Cedenblad, Horiguchi and even Reem. Think i like Leon here too.

tuck is very well rounded.. but man does he gas. and hein seems to have cardio for days. hein good enough hands to stay safe there and the better wrestler

I took Struve as i got him at +175 and +124 i may hedge some or all but i may not.

No way Silva should be favourite you just need to touch him and he folds. Sao was even on verge of a stoppage at end of r1 but bell saved him. Struve has not looked great but does Silva have the strength and cardio to keep taking Struve down? Off trt he is a shadow of his former self. Struve does not have hunt or arlovski power but with the way silva has folded lately i dont think he needs that kind of power.

Would i have bet Struve at -190? No. Should BF be favourite? IMO no way. This is in Holland too remember so Struve will be well up for this. I cant say Silva is a bad bet as a dog but out of twi flakey hw's silva is defo looking worse for wear than struve. The guy medically needs trt and isnt allowed. Im surprised the ufc are still letting him fight.
Maybe you are right. Maybe the best play is not to bet on this one at all.

BTW if anyone cares, I parlayed the over on both Khabilov-Wade (2.5) and Nelson-Tumenov (1.5) at +103.

leon edwards showed some disastrous TDD last fight. although dominic waters looked completely clueless in every facet so perhaps edwards is the better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back