UFN 87 - Netherlands - AA vs Reem

Status
Not open for further replies.
leon edwards showed some disastrous TDD last fight. although dominic waters looked completely clueless in every facet so perhaps edwards is the better bet.
? Could be wrong, but could've swore Edwards TDD was pretty good, especially early.

Plus, Kamaru is one of the best wrestlers in the game, and I can't even find out if Waters wrestled in high school

yeah early he managed to prevent takedowns but r2 and 3 he was getting tossed, from what i remember.

that's a good point though, kamaru is a very strong wrestler.

There's what I found on Anna Elmose. She seems to be mostly a striker with decent power, but she will probably be dominated by Randamie (Muay thai champion,etc.) on the feet. Elmose have shown some takedowns from the clinch, but there were against weak oppenents so who knows if it's gonna be good enough against Randamie TDD who's not that great.

I remember Leon stuffing in r1 but still making usman work hard in r2 and r3. He said hes worked on his wrestling. Going off memory i like Leon here very good striker.

Wow.. not a good sign for me to be completely opposite to one of regulars here. LOL.

Tumenov vs Nelson: Typical grappler vs striker matchup. Only thing that concerns me if Tumenov TDD which looks solid but not Aldoesque.
On the feet this will not be even close at all. If Nelson cant take this to the ground he is getting worked here.

Overeem has looked awesome lately. His performance with JDS was a masterpiece. Same goes for Struve an Nelson fights.
Arlovski looked awful in this run in the UFC. Close fights with Mir and Schaub. Gunshy and finished quicly against Stipe. Bigfoot did not even put a fight. He only looked good in a brawl against Travis Browne despite being almost KOed.
Only red flag for me here is that Jackson-Wink is backing AA on this one. IDK where Overeems is doing his camp but he has been amazing since moving to Albuquerque. IDK who is going to work on his gameplan this time around but he is an experienced guy and I doubt he makes a silly mistake on this one.

PS: Also I dont think Werdum passes Stipe so rematches against Reem or AA are out of the question for me LOL.

Horiguchi is going to murder Seery. He is light years faster and more technical. Who booked this fight? Fuck that. Im paying the juice on that.

And BTW guys... Holohan retired for medical reasons. He cant get a licence anymore. And Conor is NOT retired. SBG is still alive.

Well not to say I am going straight up on nelson or AA, I am still on tumenov to outstrike gunnar and look for a ko or decision and avoid any nelson clinch or sub game like the rest, also reem sure has looked great lately so its hard to not back him but I just remember how one touch and reem can buckle, I think the greg jackson strategy will be in full force and he gets the nod or decision :)

I think its wise to hedge nelson sub or check those r2/r3 sub lines, also AA ko hedge could be wise again checking those r1 or r2 lines.

Looking forward to hearing some tumenov + other parlay plays.

Was trying to find Dominics fights but I quickly remember he also is a bit of a grinder and hugger against the cage.

short notice against sullivan so not the best way indication, but not sure why he figured he could grapple with dong kim, he may make the fight interesting against leon rocky here against the cage with his style but yeah leon is the better striker and generally has good ttd, id expect him to be improved if his wrestling is on point and don't think he wants to get usmaned again, hopefully rocky just keeps his jab and boxing on point to edge the win here.

Waters trains with Jacksons, though it didn't show much in his last fight

12965245_1147544845297613_954239441_n.jpg

leon edwards showed some disastrous TDD last fight. although dominic waters looked completely clueless in every facet so perhaps edwards is the better bet.

I wouldn't say disastrous... it was 1-1 going into the third against one of the best wrestlers in the division.

maybe i need to re-watch. hope i am wrong because i'm considering playing edwards.

Very confident with Tumenov,Horiguchi,Edwards

Like Elmose,Wade as possible underdogs.

? Could be wrong, but could've swore Edwards TDD was pretty good, especially early.

Plus, Kamaru is one of the best wrestlers in the game, and I can't even find out if Waters wrestled in high school

Yup waters did do wrestling at high school, he later trained catch wrestling with ken shamrocks nephew and got into mma from that point on, I still reckon he is a bit too raw and young and dives into the grind too easily, not sure why he felt he could grapple with kim in his last fight but reckon its just his main style and play. Still see edwards edging it but he will have a fight on his hands to get the job done.

maybe i need to re-watch. hope i am wrong because i'm considering playing edwards.

Yup usmans a beast, he did a better job for 3 rounds really, rocky did stuff and circle out of the clinch and take down attempts early but usman still got it in r1 and r2 mixed up striking and faints to keep rocky 2nd guessing and r3 clinched and went back to his td style.

Clearly edwards needs to improve his wrestling and take down defence, I still don't see waters
being as good as usman here but it will be a close fight.

Usman vs edwards fight is here:
http://www.ufc.tv/video/dosanjos-vs-cerrone-fight-pass-prelims

Waters last 2 ufc fights here:
against kim
http://www.ufc.tv/video/henderson-vs-masvidal

against sullivan
http://www.ufc.tv/video/tuf-21-finale-prelims

Having quickly glanced both of waters last 2 fights, its hard to say edwards should win comfortably I still think he gets the nod but waters does still have the wrestling and grappling to give rocky problems. One has to also remember waters took these 2 guys on on short notice and they are ranked 7 and dunno about sullivan but both guys much more experienced and higher up calibre.

I don't think ill parlay edwards or play him su, live betting is a perfect fight may even look at waters sub/decision lines as well as edwards decision line during live betting.

If Draft Kings prices are any indication, Leon Edwards will be one of the biggest favorites. I can't see that happening though

I'm going to be looking at the over in that fight. Could be a better play than Edwards depending on price

Reem is still training at Jackson's. Does anyone know how this is working if Arlovski is still there too?

Not much info so far just glanced over both guys twitter feeds and web sites, reem does say he is looking forward to fighting fellow team mate AA who is well rounded and it promises to be a great fight. Reems twitter feed showed pictures of a high altitude tent, but not sure if he used it or not.

Reem did train at Albuquerque and mentions he is undefeated in Holland and that AA will come in the evening and reem in the morning so not so awkward, he also mentions AA is his not a friend but a team mate so is fine to fight him and he wants a claim for the hw title if he wins against aa.

Reem is still training at Jackson's. Does anyone know how this is working if Arlovski is still there too?

They are just training at different times of day and on different schedules. I remember during the Australian Q&A Overeem said that despite being on the same team, he had only ever trained with Arlovski a few times anyway. I'm sure this arrangement wouldn't work out well with most camps, but Jackson WInkeljohn's is so big that there are enough different training sessions / locations / sparring partners for it to work there. Of course I guess I'm kinda talking out of my ass since I have no inside knowledge of any of this. But that's my take on it.

Reem vs AA goes over 1 and 1/2 rounds at +100 seems like a good bet. Overeem is conservative these days. It took him longer to finish JDS. Yes AA doesn't have the chin of JDS. But he has good movement and he's not looking to lose here. Both AA and Reem have questionable chins. They both know that. So they will cancel each other out. Plus they train out of the same gym. The fight may just be a sparring contest. I feel that the first round is going to be one giant feeling out process. Then we have 2 and a half minutes for each to hold on before we cash in. I think this is a solid bet. Any others like this line????

So who corners AA and who corners Reem? Glad Reem is at Jackson's I definitely like him in this fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back